What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Warriors

Frank Facer

First Grade
Receives a response, doesn't like being exposed as a bigot ^.

Oh well.
lol
To resort to calling someone a bigot, now that's a joke. lol, lol, lol.

You can believe what ever you like. lol

Friend isn't even a New South Welshman. lol

If you believe that Wallace and Peats are in the running for NSW hooker, then you must be pissed again. lol

I will say this, you are good for a laugh, I will give you that. lol

SGMax

Juniors
I will put the loss into context. We played very well, only to lose to a very good side, who played very well at home.

If Nene catches the ball, it could have been a different game. If the video ref decided that the Warriors had played their advantage when Lafai took the intercept, it could have been a different game. If we took our shots for penalty goal, it could have been a different game. If we had Lomax on the wing, instead of Nightingale, it could have been a different game. If Widdop didn't miss the one on one tackle early in the game, it could have been a different game. Dufty was tackled just as he as about to take Simms pass and dropped the ball, It could have easily been a penalty to us then, or even a sin bin.

We are playing very well this year.

Agreed, we weren't that bad, but the Warriors were allowed to disrupt our play with little consequence (always take the two points with penalties in the 1st half).

After watching the 1st half again, I would like to add a couple more "ifs" :
If the forward pass to Gelling for his try had been picked up.....
If the refs hadn't switched roles midway through the 1st half they may have followed through on their threats to sin bin a lot earlier....

Drag Queen

Bench
So true about state allegiance which even extends to country allegiance(Tamou, Fifita come to mind).

On Friend, have you got a quote as to where he’s renounced his allegiance to Qld & pledged to become a Blue(that would of course be supported by quotes/press releases from the QRL & NSWRL).

Or what about a quote from Fittler saying that if he renounced his allegiance to Qld he’s in the mix for NSW ahead of say McInnes, Peats, Cook, Korisau who Fittler has confirmed are in the mix for SOO?
Lol@the Rein support...a 28yo hooker coming off a full year in reserve grade might be pushing for a starting spot when the competing hooker in injured, and relying on his mateship with the coach (also coming from reserve grade) to gain a spot!

Horrible hooker. Poor passer, poor defender, poor decision maker. The fact that he gained 150 first grade games at our club in one of the worst eras in ou history is no coincidence!
Lol@the Rein support...a 28yo hooker coming off a full year in reserve grade might be pushing for a starting spot when the competing hooker in injured, and relying on his mateship with the coach (also coming from reserve grade) to gain a spot!

Horrible hooker. Poor passer, poor defender, poor decision maker. The fact that he gained 150 first grade games at our club in one of the worst eras in ou history is no coincidence!
Agreed, we weren't that bad, but the Warriors were allowed to disrupt our play with little consequence (always take the two points with penalties in the 1st half).

After watching the 1st half again, I would like to add a couple more "ifs" :
If the forward pass to Gelling for his try had been picked up.....
If the refs hadn't switched roles midway through the 1st half they may have followed through on their threats to sin bin a lot earlier....
I couldn't remember the name of the person who didn't want me to call him/her mate. Suck a soft one when I warned you about Lino. Now you're blaming the ref? 13-5 penalty count and we still lost with a Warrior sin binned. I'll call you a douche but the mods will probably change it to merkin.

Life's Good

Coach
I couldn't remember the name of the person who didn't want me to call him/her mate. Suck a soft one when I warned you about Lino. Now you're blaming the ref? 13-5 penalty count and we still lost with a Warrior sin binned. I'll call you a douche but the mods will probably change it to merkin.

You have quoted a post of mine that is about SOO allegiance & then go on a rant about the Warriors game, refs & mates.
I’m not sure how they are related but I’ll take it that you have incorrectly multi quoted, again. Unless you can help me understand what the f*ck you actually mean.

BennyV

Referee
I have no idea what you're on about, nor why you quoted my comments about Rein being crap.

Methinks you need to brush up on the use of the 'quote' option...

Drag Queen

Bench
I have no idea what you're on about, nor why you quoted my comments about Rein being crap.

Methinks you need to brush up on the use of the 'quote' option...
That was not directed at you.
You have quoted a post of mine that is about SOO allegiance & then go on a rant about the Warriors game, refs & mates.
I’m not sure how they are related but I’ll take it that you have incorrectly multi quoted, again. Unless you can help me understand what the f*ck you actually mean.
Not directed at you LG. Directed at SGMax. I'm unsure how your quotes were included. Was not my intention at all. Apologies on my behalf.

ozbuck

Juniors
It's so much more than just a game ozbuck, what happens in a game on the weekend determines my mood all week and I can confidently say not much else can do that.

Well dude, if your biggest problem in life is whether a football team wins or not you have an incredibly lucky life.

Lucky, or you live in a small world.

I'm not being a dick... I used to be the same trust me. Probably worse! A loss on as Friday night ruined my weekend. Seriously.

I gotta say, if that's the case for you then you need to get some perspective. Go travel overseas to a third world country, go visit a cancer ward where people are hanging on to life by a thread and would DO ANYTHING to be in the position where they didn't have cancer and their football team only won one game in a year...they'd be skipping down the street. Their team lost? Oh well, move on and better luck next week. Perspective man. It's a f**king game. Remember that game the dragons lost against the raiders in 2005? Probably not. Remember how little it matters when you look back. That's how little it matters now when we lose or win. It's all fun. It's a drama. That's all it is.

I'm starting to sound like a life coach hahaha so I'll stop. I've been there before so I had to write that

Alec's-saints

Juniors
Well dude, if your biggest problem in life is whether a football team wins or not you have an incredibly lucky life.

I'm not being a dick... I used to be the same trust me. Probably worse! A loss on as Friday night ruined my weekend. Seriously.

I gotta say, if that's the case for you then you need to get some perspective. Go travel overseas to a third world country, go visit a cancer ward where people are hanging on to life by a thread and would DO ANYTHING to be in the position where they didn't have cancer and their football team only won one game in a year...they'd be skipping down the street. Their team lost? Oh well, move on and better luck next week. Perspective man. It's a f**king game. Remember that game the dragons lost against the raiders in 2005? Probably not. Remember how little it matters when you look back. That's how little it matters now when we lose or win. It's all fun. It's a drama. That's all it is.

I'm starting to sound like a life coach hahaha so I'll stop. I've been there before so I had to write that
I'm the same mate. if saints don't get up my weekend is fked, dragons are my life that's what makes me happy and my family offcourse. if we lose i literally can't sleep. I'm glad someone has mentioned this haha

Lovemedragons

Juniors

Oh cmon I am 54 and have a reasonable perspective on life, most of it sucks yeah but I get off on my footy ok.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I'm the same mate. if saints don't get up my weekend is fked, dragons are my life that's what makes me happy and my family offcourse. if we lose i literally can't sleep. I'm glad someone has mentioned this haha
I think if Saints are winning, my mood improves a bit too.

I recall hearing or reading or seeing that in England when a guys soccer team won, their wives or girlfriends knew they were getting sex that night, but if their team lost, the wives or girlfriends chances of getting sex was reduced dramatically. lol

Drag Queen

Bench
I think if Saints are winning, my mood improves a bit too.

I recall hearing or reading or seeing that in England when a guys soccer team won, their wives or girlfriends knew they were getting sex that night, but if their team lost, the wives or girlfriends chances of getting sex was reduced dramatically. lol
So did you get lucky excluding the last game? ;)

Ben_Kusto_magic

Juniors

Great advice

ozbuck

Juniors
Oh cmon I am 54 and have a reasonable perspective on life, most of it sucks yeah but I get off on my footy ok.

Nothing wrong with getting off on your footy. We all do. I scream at the TV when we're playing, get emotional ups and downs during one game... thats the drama of it. But if we lose, give yourself 10mins to be pissed off and then just cut it off. Don't drag it with you for any longer than. If you do, how USEFUL is it? I dont think we on this giant round spaceship called Earth circling a giant fireball to feel absolute crap for days if a team with red and white colours plays against another team in sport and loses.

Thats the last Ill say on it. Good luck bud and I hope you have a brilliant Anzac Day

Drag Queen

Bench
SorryI just saw this LG. I'm not sure how the multi quote came up either. My quote was directed at someone who dissed Lino stepping in for an injured Johnson. That was all it was. Nothing more than that. Give me advise how this has happened to me on more than one occassion. TIA.

Last edited: