What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 (2009) Eels v Dragons

Dragon_psa

First Grade
Thanks for the encouraging words guys. I've yet to decide whether I'll carry on next season at this stage, but with support like you lot are showing I think I probably will. I guess I'll see how we go against the Panthers next week.

bartman

Immortal
Clean those Panthers up next week, DPSA ;-).

They might be looking over their shoulders at the Cougars depending on results this round, and you guys with a full compliment of five can give them more than a scare.

Thanks for the encouraging words guys. I've yet to decide whether I'll carry on next season at this stage, but with support like you lot are showing I think I probably will. I guess I'll see how we go against the Panthers next week.

Mate you're a great writer, and a passionate leader. I do too hope you continue.

bartman

Immortal
Cheers for that Pistol.

Just enquiring, with results in 50% of round 8 games running late are round nine fulltimes any chance of being extended?

Pistol

Coach
Parra

Parramatta Power with Don’t speak ill of the Hill = 83

MITS with The fickle nature of Eels fans = 86

Someone with Good Luck Smith = 85

Bartman with The New Technology…= 88

Phantomeel with Turning Players into… People = 87

Dragons

HLH withA Man’s Game? = 88

Big Pat with IT’S HARD TO SAY ‘GOOD’ BYE = 85

Dubopov with THE AMBULANCE SHIELD = 91

DragonPSA with The greatest of the modern era? = 85

Eels defeat Dragons

429 – 349

POTM dubopov

Time constraints lead to no comments and to deliver the sides a result

bartman

Immortal
Cheers for the result Pistol.

Commiserations Dragons, but as many have said you're a quality squad only one or two extra fulltimers away from dusting a lot of teams off.

No worries about the fulltime extension in relation to refereeing delays Pistol, just thought I'd ask. Perhaps it's something I'll suggest for the committee's consideration in the off-season, that or the draw giving refs more time between matches next year? The referees' role and comments function are so important to people's ongoing enjoyment of the comp.

LeagueNut

First Grade
blah-grumpy.gif

Backpacker Points

3 points - dubopov (Dragons) :clap:
2 points - bartman (Eels) & hornbyslilhottie24 (Dragons) :thumn
1 point - phantom eel (Eels) :mrgreen:

Dragon_psa

First Grade
Well played Parra, and good luck for rest of the season. Thanks also to Pistol for stepping in for Goz.

Great debut HLH, and congrats to Dubopov for potm.

gorilla

First Grade
Players - back on line as of this minute.

Sorry about not being able to mark, this has been crashed out for about 1 week but I kept hoping I'd be back in time to mark before Monday.

Thanks Pistol for stepping in - I think you still owe me one ? ;-)

Pistol

Coach
Players - back on line as of this minute.

Sorry about not being able to mark, this has been crashed out for about 1 week but I kept hoping I'd be back in time to mark before Monday.

Thanks Pistol for stepping in - I think you still owe me one ? ;-)

indeed goz :)