What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs. Souths @Accor

Girds89

Bench
Just way too raw. Defence especially, He makes good reads but 1st contact is poor but he is playing against some guys 4 years older

He will improve dramatically over the next 6 months..hence the training with the top 30.

A full pre season next year with the top squad..

Iamback

Coach
Interesting to see Lipowicz starting on an edge this week in Cup and Lisati going back to the edge lately. Maybe just shuffling deck chairs but it’d be nice for someone to stand up and demand an edge role.

Lipowicz is the better edge option.

Lisati was BUT in the current game prop is his position

Iamback

Coach
He will improve dramatically over the next 6 months..hence the training with the top 30.

A full pre season next year with the top squad..

His brother has been training in the top squad for a few seasons now. Ivan has still taken his time

Why is Cleary ruled out?

Updated team list:
Edwards
Turuva
Tago
May
To’o
Luai
Schneider
Leota
Kenny
Fisher-Harris
Garner
Martin
Yeo

Cole
Smith
Eisenhuth
Geyer
——————
Laurie
Peachy

Last edited:
There’s enough experience and class to get the job done but geez this really becomes a danger game now.

Interesting to see how Ivan uses Cole. Really hope the side isn’t complacent and goes hard for the full 80. Need to complete sets, make bugger all errors and make sure their defensive structure stays intact.

WestyLife

First Grade
There’s enough experience and class to get the job done but geez this really becomes a danger game now.

Interesting to see how Ivan uses Cole. Really hope the side isn’t complacent and goes hard for the full 80. Need to complete sets, make bugger all errors and make sure their defensive structure stays intact.

Yeah without cleary it'll be closer. He's not going to get much game time at this rate.

Hopefully Cole gets a run.

Pantherjim.

Referee
It’s round nine, we’re 5-2, despite some injury issues, tough draw to start the season. If you’d have said to me at the start of the season we would be sitting on 12 points (bye included) I would have taken that.

True, but a long way to go and don’t want em to fall behind.

Unfortunately, you can bet your arse half the squad including Dyl and Clez will be unavailable for at least one or two rounds for Rep commitments come Origin.

I’d rather take the two points where we can get them, and this round is a gift 2 points provided the boys don’t fall into the trap of taking Souths lightly.

Kilkenny

Coach
True, but a long way to go and don’t want em to fall behind.

Unfortunately, you can bet your arse half the squad including Dyl and Clez will be unavailable for at least one or two rounds for Rep commitments come Origin.

I’d rather take the two points where we can get them, and this round is a gift 2 points provided the boys don’t fall into the trap of taking Souths lightly.
Absolutely, this is not a game for complacency. This is a must win , they all are, but not a game where we should be dropping two points even now with Nathan out again.

Fangs

Coach
That's a big change re Cleary.

Schneider v Hawkins is an interesting battle. Hawkins doesn't run the ball as much (They have old mate Cody for that) but I think his long kicking is a tad better than Schneider's.

Kilkenny

Coach
I really don’t understand the need to criticise any individual whether is Tago or Martin or Eusinhuth or May we are a team, 17 players, we are 5-2 in pretty good shape while not performing at our optimum level. It is May, early May we have actually done really well thus far in my opinion. The game against the Sea Eagles aside our season thus far is pretty decent. While not wanting to use the officials as an excuse the Sea Eagles game was handed to them on a platter let’s be honest. If we get the job done tomorrow night things are tracking pretty well for a top four finish.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I really don’t understand the need to criticise any individual whether is Tago or Martin or Eusinhuth or May we are a team, 17 players, we are 5-2 in pretty good shape while not performing at our optimum level. It is May, early May we have actually done really well thus far in my opinion. The game against the Sea Eagles aside our season thus far is pretty decent. While not wanting to use the officials as an excuse the Sea Eagles game was handed to them on a platter let’s be honest. If we get the job done tomorrow night things are tracking pretty well for a top four finish.
Ivan's selections played a bigger role than the officiating

Latest posts