What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor Mill

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Someone from the Dogs was my first thought too.

Graham, Klemmer, Tolman have all been mentioned as releases although I would only consider the first 2 big names.

Stuffed if I know. As you said, Luke Lewis is the only one who fits the bill and is off contract. Plays in Bodene's spot too.

2018 off contract - Cordner, Papalii, Hess, Graham, Fifita - Graham only a slight chance, the rest no chance. A Burgess.....not sure that would be universally loved.

Graham, Klemmer, Tolman have all been mentioned as releases although I would only consider the first 2 big names.

Stuffed if I know. As you said, Luke Lewis is the only one who fits the bill and is off contract. Plays in Bodene's spot too.

2018 off contract - Cordner, Papalii, Hess, Graham, Fifita - Graham only a slight chance, the rest no chance. A Burgess.....not sure that would be universally loved.[/QUOT

Yeah really can't help on that name.

Of interest though (but not this potential signing) one name that was thrown around a while ago was Alex Walmsley from St Helens.The other was Grant Millington. Not sure whatever happened there

Scott

Bench
I've seen Grant Millington play quite a bit for Castleford this season. He is exactly the type of no frills, low maintanance middle forward we are after. Very much Kevin Campion/Michael Luck.

Warriorsoul

Juniors
I've seen Grant Millington play quite a bit for Castleford this season. He is exactly the type of no frills, low maintanance middle forward we are after. Very much Kevin Campion/Michael Luck.
Have you read Millington's Wikipedia? Funny:
Grant Millington (born 1 November 1986) is an Australian rugby league footballer who plays for the Castleford Tigers in the Super League. He plays as a prop forward or in the second row and is also the brother of Patrick Millington who has won more grand finals then he has and used to chop him down in the backyard. He previously played in Australia's National Rugby League for the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks (2008–2010) and the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs (2011)

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Yeah really can't help on that name.

Of interest though (but not this potential signing) one name that was thrown around a while ago was Alex Walmsley from St Helens.The other was Grant Millington. Not sure whatever happened there

Alex Walmsley I rate, but I think and he turned down NRL clubs last time to re-sign with Saints. So unless he's changed his mind about coming....at 27 it's probably a now or never situation for him.

Then there's the whole thing about the Saints needing to release him.

I imagine McNamara probably suggested a name or 5 while he was here.

2018 off contract - Cordner, Papalii, Hess, Graham, Fifita - Graham only a slight chance, the rest no chance. A Burgess.....not sure that would be universally loved.

Luke Lewis has started commentating of fox sports so there is his post footy gig. He wont come after landing that.
What about Sam McKendry guys yah or nah

MKEB...

Staff member
Mckendry for me is dependant on his recovery from his broken neck. I havent heard too much since.

Leber

Bench
Is it true that James graham is having lunch with jim Doyle?

Last edited:

playdaball

Bench
Rumour: Jim Doyle to retire at the end of the year and be replaced by that Aussie admin guy currently working at the club ... Cameron George.

Iafeta

Referee
Heard that one for a while. He's a modern day Luke Burgess. Living off his surname. No thanks.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Another rumour: Joe Ofanguhe (sp) from Broncos to Warriors

This one been hanging around. Was said that he stayed behind after we played them to have a tour of the facilities.

If Herman Ese'ese signs with the Knights as reported then I doubt the Broncs let him go.