What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor Mill

ERLeague

Juniors
Shark patrol
Cronulla are considering making a play for Aidan Sezer if disgruntled playmaker James Maloney leaves the Shire outfit.

Maloney is contracted to the premiers for another season but believes he isn't being paid his market worth. Several clubs are watching the situation with interest and the Warriors are firming as a potential destination should a release be granted. The Sharks won't part with the NSW pivot unless a suitable replacement can be found and it remains to be seen whether Sydney-bound Cooper Cronk is a viable alternative.

Canberra will be one of the clubs under immense salary-cap pressure after overestimating the figure for next season, which is likely to be about $9.2 million. If the Green Machine is forced to jettison players, Sezer could be one of the men it reluctantly parts company with. That would free up the Sharks to make a play for the Raiders half in what would be a new-look halves combination with Chad Townsend.

Maloney has enjoyed success across the Tasman and the Warriors are keeping their options open after losing Kieran Foran to Canterbury.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I wouldn't be too worried about that at the mo

I'm not right now, but he is a mercenary and we have a history of stupid.

Would rather take Austin or Sezer, but if the Raiders released one of them they're more likely to be able to hold onto guys like Paulo/Tapine and when it comes down to it I would rather have forwards getting squeezed out than halves.

Leber

Bench
Shark patrol
Cronulla are considering making a play for Aidan Sezer if disgruntled playmaker James Maloney leaves the Shire outfit.

Maloney is contracted to the premiers for another season but believes he isn't being paid his market worth. Several clubs are watching the situation with interest and the Warriors are firming as a potential destination should a release be granted. The Sharks won't part with the NSW pivot unless a suitable replacement can be found and it remains to be seen whether Sydney-bound Cooper Cronk is a viable alternative.

Canberra will be one of the clubs under immense salary-cap pressure after overestimating the figure for next season, which is likely to be about $9.2 million. If the Green Machine is forced to jettison players, Sezer could be one of the men it reluctantly parts company with. That would free up the Sharks to make a play for the Raiders half in what would be a new-look halves combination with Chad Townsend.

Maloney has enjoyed success across the Tasman and the Warriors are keeping their options open after losing Kieran Foran to Canterbury.

Screw bringing maloney back. Why dont we make a play for sezer?

BLN2

Juniors
I don't believe for a second we're afternoon Maloney. It's the Aussie media fuelling a story off the back some loose Iro comments a few months ago. He's really earning his keep eh..

I can believe us going for a mid range half like Sezer, but we won't be a chance given how shit house we are.

Iafeta

Referee
Maloney would depend on three things.

A, his attitude. Generally he's been a bloke you could never fault his desire with. With the exception of 2012. Why would he return? Does he want a big pay day or does he think he can help Shaun guide the team around?

B, does SK intend to give a license to offload. Maloney is brutal off an offload. He had a great partnership with Feleti Mateo. Does someone like Lisone get given some freedom to ball play? If we get that going, it's a positive. RTS as an example is sometimes so busy getting onto the ball that he's not really pushing off the forwards hip like a Wade McKinnon did for us with great results.

C, is his signing if he came at the expense of forwards. The first, second, third and fourth area we must improve is the pack.

Theoretically he's a proven Warriors commodity. But only when we played structure albeit with an agile ball player he could roam off.

I think he will be at Newcastle and I don't believe he wants to come back to NZ FWIW.

ERLeague

Juniors
Knights Coach Nathan Brown on James Graham:

He confirmed the Knights were 'certainly looking at clubs who are rumoured to be over the cap' in their recruitment plans. "We had some interest in James Graham some time ago but he wanted to stay at Canterbury and they didn't want to let him go. If the NRL do the right thing and make them go under the cap, then they might have to let a player go."

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
James Maloney is the best stand-off in the game. Have you guys been watching the Sharks without him lately? yeah, he makes all the difference. I wouldn't look too much into Maloney leaving as Im sure the Sharks will pay the man what he's asking.

Cezar and Austin are developed and are either IMO, at their peaks or almost there. Lino and Ata are still developing and could come right next year. Austins attack is the same bag of tricks Lolohea had for us. Cezar is a wannabe Cooper Cronk. I don't rate Cezar and Austin. They're made to look good by the Raiders very good pack and very good backs.

When your teams not good you don't go and recruit not good players.

Last edited:
One player I wish we'd chased (who I don't believe we did) is ben murdoch-masila.

Since going to the UK he's turned into an excellent prop and has been absolutely bulldozing sides. Still only 26 and his best years in the front row are in front of him. He's really turning into a Junior Paulo clone.

Unfortunately signed a 3 year extension with Salford in March.

He would of been an astute, non bank-breaking signing.

One player I wish we'd chased (who I don't believe we did) is ben murdoch-masila.

Since going to the UK he's turned into an excellent prop and has been absolutely bulldozing sides. Still only 26 and his best years in the front row are in front of him. He's really turning into a Junior Paulo clone.

Unfortunately signed a 3 year extension with Salford in March.

He would of been an astute, non bank-breaking signing.

Has Tim Grant been mentioned

JJ

Immortal
Would we rather a 33 year old Hoffman
or a 31 year old Blair
"None of the above" - plus they play different positions

But, I'd rather 1 year of Hoffman than 4 of Blair, and that's not even close for me...

The fact that Melbourne are keen is telling too...

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Johnny Tuivasa-Sheck got a mention today by Moley.

Surprised it's taken this long to be rumoured tbh considering the obvious connection.

Interesting that it pops right a couple days after Kahu re-signed with the Broncos. Might be completely unrelated, but the timing was interesting nonetheless..

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Johnny Tuivasa-Sheck got a mention today by Moley.

Surprised it's taken this long to be rumoured tbh considering the obvious connection.

Interesting that it pops right a couple days after Kahu re-signed with the Broncos. Might be completely unrelated, but the timing was interesting nonetheless..
Can he play though? Never come across him in any 20's or NSW cup games I've seen, and only noticed his name mentioned around Roger