What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor Mill

JJ

Immortal
Yes, but Lillyman's already here and it's not working.
So try something new and hope it makes a difference?
Maybe SK saw Bellamy do this? Or Bennett?
Or maybe he is just desperate?
Sure, but Bellamy and Bennett had two advantages over Kearney:

1. Strong packs around Blair
2. Coaching ability

Cold Roses

Juniors
Yes, but Lillyman's already here and it's not working.
So try something new and hope it makes a difference?

Maybe SK saw Bellamy do this? Or Bennett?
Or maybe he is just desperate?

That's the reality isn't it? Its all good and well to get sentimental about players who have been with the club for a while, but if the overall performance isn't significantly changing, the parts of the machine need to be looked at.

Blair might not be the workhorse that Lillyman is in terms of eating metres, but if he can offer a defensive steel that we are missing, and by a lot of accounts a more professional approach, especially in leadership, then it's a win.

Cold Roses

Juniors
The question though is why does Blair want to come here?
The only answer that I can think of is the money.

So pretty much the same as almost every other player in the Nrl? Outside of a few dozen elite players who are in the position to name their price and pass it off as 'loyalty', most guys are tempted by money. That's nothing unique to us as a club. Shouldn't be an indictment on Blairs decision either.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
...First to training. Last to leave. We need guys like that. Changing behaviours at the Warriors is essential...
Just like RTS!
...trains the house down, first one at training, last one to leave etc...
Only RTS was more of a superstar attacker. Its great to hear that but I kind of expect to hear that sort of stuff too.

If our problem is our forwards arent going forward then I dont think Blair is going to solve that. The skinny Bronco prop doesnt have that size and robustness he had at the Storm.

Like I said before, I wouldnt for $600 but what else is there. You'll find me on the fence on this one.

Last edited:

Iafeta

Referee
Just like RTS!
...trains the house down, first one at training, last one to leave etc...
Only RTS was more of a superstar attacker. Its great to hear that but I kind of expect to hear that sort of stuff too.

If our problem is our forwards arent going forward then I dont think Blair is going to solve that. The skinny Bronco prop doesnt have that size and robustness he had at the Storm.

Like I said before, I wouldnt for $600 but what else is there. You'll find me on the fence on this one.

As much talk as there is about gaining metres through the middle, we need more accurate aggression in defence to slow the oppositions momentum. He adds value with that.

As much as we expect it, it's not happening at the Warriors. The more who are seriously to their club and their career the better.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
As much talk as there is about gaining metres through the middle, we need more accurate aggression in defence to slow the oppositions momentum. He adds value with that.

As much as we expect it, it's not happening at the Warriors. The more who are seriously to their club and their career the better.
And we have seen opposition score through our middles a fair bit this year, so a mobile Blair could patch us up there.

To paraphrase you and the 'Blair fans' - I do like how Blair likes to make every post a winner. From training to slowing down the opposition in the tackle, from the sounds of it, he's the consummate professional.

I wouldn't be surprised if he comes over as Im hearing his name a lot. If he sux, I'll be looking forward to reading your posts on him :)

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Adam Blair, James Graham, James Gavet, Jacob Lillyman hmmm...that doesn't sound too bad.

MORE! MORE! more names please, keep em coming.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
If by some miracle we got Blair and Graham, we wouldn't be keeping Lillyman. Even signing just one of them might be enough to wave goodbye to Lillyman.

There's some prop playing for the cutters who we are apparently sounding out. I think he's an ex Raider but I'm not sure of the name.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Uele was my first hope too. Was he an ex-Raider though? He was definitely a Cowboy.

Edit: Made his debut this year but has been overlooked since. If we're not looking at him we should be.

Last edited:

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
No chance. If either Woods or Klemmer are released they land at the Tigers, the Knights a possible second option. We wouldn't get a look in.

Latest posts