What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Other Assorted Crap VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parra Pride

Coach
Takes a big man to sacrifice a football career for his family. I admire Michael for doing what he did. Football is still only a game after all.

If he was as good as you think he is he wouldn't have to sacrifice anything.

#UnfortunatelyHe'sNot #Morgs>Lett

parra pete

Referee
If he was as good as you think he is he wouldn't have to sacrifice anything.

#UnfortunatelyHe'sNot #Morgs>Lett

Irrespective of how good he is, how good I think he is, he put his family first, probably ahead of a couple of years in football. Pity a few more didn't do that as well..In general life as well as football...just sayin'

Y2Eel

First Grade
Irrespective of how good he is, how good I think he is, he put his family first, probably ahead of a couple of years in football. Pity a few more didn't do that as well..In general life as well as football...just sayin'

So it is smarter for him to be working what 10 hours down a hole 5 days a week at least for f**k all money when he could be on alot more then mr miner and be home longer... Makes perfect sense...

Eels Dude

Coach
Which, believe it or not, is their choice...Same as players..they change their loyalties every couple of years...so what's new?

Well If you get paid to support the Raiders instead of the Eels you're doing pretty well for yourself, I'll give you that.

TheRam

Coach
By the way, I'm wondering if RAM still wants Anthony Watts at the club?

No I don't in his current state. But I feel he has spiraled down to this point because he has no real stability and leadership guidance in his life at the moment. Sure one could say that he had peers and mentors back in the UK, but as with most troubled young men, if they aren't treated appropriately for their specific needs they tend to act out badly.

Now don't get me wrong, I think he deserves whatever is owed to him punishment wise, but I can't help but to think that apparently he was doing well at the Cowboys and stayed out of trouble, so then he goes to the Roosters and the rest is history.

So maybe, just maybe someone like him needs to be surrounded by people that will are not bad influences themselves. Anyway life isn't a perfect bubble, and that is why there are so many troubled young people who never ever get their lives sorted. When someone has issues, a lot of the time depending on who they are surrounded by is a huge indicator as to where and how they end up in life.

Unfortunately for Watts, he looks like one that has slipped through the cracks and will ultimately end up in a very bad place if he isn't already there.

parra pete

Referee
Well If you get paid to support the Raiders instead of the Eels you're doing pretty well for yourself, I'll give you that.

Thanks...but I don't get paid to support any one, or any team...I am my own man....capable of making my own decisions....a big boy now..I enjoy the game for what it is...a game for relaxation, and sport...you want to try it some time.
I had 50 years of parochialism...enjoy it a lot more now, seeing teams for what they are. I love seeing the Eels win, I love seeing the Raiders win. Love watching Benny Barba, Matty Bowen in action. Enjoy watching Mal achieve success with Queensland, love watching the goal kickers land amazing goals, enjoyed watching Hindy bust his gut every game, and Josh Papalli get on top of Paul Gallen, a tough man, in the recent semi final.
Nothing better than watching Jarryd Hayne and Josh Dugan in full flight, and the courage and toughness of Michael Crocker..All terrific Rugby League players.
I enjoy being involved with my local Club, and seeing the kids I have helped develop make their mark in the game. I love BUSH football and what it brings to communities.
You don't REALLY think the players are FAIR DINKUM do you?...they couldn't give a shit who they play for.
LOYALTY in their minds is spelt $$$$$$$...and don't kid yourself it isn't!...Same with the coaches....the teams they coach this year, they are plotting to bring down the next.
It is what professional sport is about these days..A series of exhibition matches

"As you walk along the fairway of life, take the time to smell the roses.."

born an eel

Bench
well I just walked into the bosses office and told him I am going to do his job and if he didn't agree I would throw my job in for the good of my family.

Pete, any jobs going down your way as I am need of a new job, I want to start at the top with no experience though.:sarcasm:

Y2Eel

First Grade
Thanks...but I don't get paid to support any one, or any team...I am my own man....capable of making my own decisions....a big boy now..I enjoy the game for what it is...a game for relaxation, and sport...you want to try it some time.
I had 50 years of parochialism...enjoy it a lot more now, seeing teams for what they are. I love seeing the Eels win, I love seeing the Raiders win. Love watching Benny Barba, Matty Bowen in action. Enjoy watching Mal achieve success with Queensland, love watching the goal kickers land amazing goals, enjoyed watching Hindy bust his gut every game, and Josh Papalli get on top of Paul Gallen, a tough man, in the recent semi final.
Nothing better than watching Jarryd Hayne and Josh Dugan in full flight, and the courage and toughness of Michael Crocker..All terrific Rugby League players.
I enjoy being involved with my local Club, and seeing the kids I have helped develop make their mark in the game. I love BUSH football and what it brings to communities.
You don't REALLY think the players are FAIR DINKUM do you?...they couldn't give a shit who they play for.
LOYALTY in their minds is spelt $$$$$$$...and don't kid yourself it isn't!...Same with the coaches....the teams they coach this year, they are plotting to bring down the next.
It is what professional sport is about these days..A series of exhibition matches

"As you walk along the fairway of life, take the time to smell the roses.."

And I love you Pete

Gronk

Staff member
Loving all the bullcrap rumours of players being linked to us. Seriously, how many players change clubs this time of year ? The only free players out there are nuffies signed by nuffie coaches. Hopefully this coach won't sign equivalents of Carl Webb or Chris Walker to us this year.

Noise

Coach
Loving all the bullcrap rumours of players being linked to us. Seriously, how many players change clubs this time of year ? The only free players out there are nuffies signed by nuffie coaches. Hopefully this coach won't sign equivalents of Carl Webb or Chris Walker to us this year.

The problem is we prob have 5 or 6 spots of the top 25 to fill and we have to sign someone coz supercoach Kearney couldn't get anyone when decent players were on the market during the year. So in all likelihood we will be getting a few nuffies to compliment the rest of our nuffies. Hopefully a decent player gets released from somewhere and we can grab him

parra pete

Referee
well I just walked into the bosses office and told him I am going to do his job and if he didn't agree I would throw my job in for the good of my family.

Pete, any jobs going down your way as I am need of a new job, I want to start at the top with no experience though.:sarcasm:

Hill climbers needed BADLY...You can start at the top..No experience necessary, just a BIG HEART. Pay is not much, but the hours are good.....

Maroubra Eel

Coach

If my boss (Gronk) knew I was on this website all day he'd be pretty pissed off.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
No link, but according to nospam46, this was in Rugby League Week out today.

1.Eels hunt Harrison
Canberra's injured back rower Bronson Harrison is on the outer at canberra with the emergence of josh papalii and the signing of newcastle forward Joel Edwards.
I keep hearing the eels are the favourites to snare harrison's signature,but no official deal has been done...yet.

2.Sticky tells it straight
new eels coach ricky stuart has already made his mark at the eels , telling players n staff in no uncertain terms what he expects from the entireclub going forward.
you can guarantee the eels will be a different side in 2013.Stuart has been showing a keen interest in the nsw cup finals and is also set to swoop on ipswich jets back rower Lorenzo Ma'afu.The mole has been told Ma'afu,who played for the dogs in 08 ,is on the cusp of signing a 2 yr deal at the club

3.Parra on Parr
Still on the Eels , and Cowboys football manager is set to become the next recruit to Stuart's new look Eels in 2013. A smart administrator who was chief executive of the cowboys before having his role change in a restructure, Parr is keen to come to Sydney and will be a good fit at the Eels.

4.Horo deal falls flat
Contrary to some reports , eels forward Justin Horo will not be going to the storm in 2013. Horo's deal with Melbourne fell through at the last minute - but the 26 yr old forward still has options.

5.Hot Gossip
Don't be surprised to see blues origin forward Greg Bird playing for parramatta in 2014 - or even 2013.
Eels coach Ricky Stuart is a huge bird fan and would move heaven n earth to get the rugged forward in the blue n gold.With the titans in financial strife,they may be prepared to let bird fly.

Gronk

Staff member
No link, but according to nospam46, this was in Rugby League Week out today.

1.Eels hunt Harrison
Canberra's injured back rower Bronson Harrison is on the outer at canberra with the emergence of josh papalii and the signing of newcastle forward Joel Edwards.
I keep hearing the eels are the favourites to snare harrison's signature,but no official deal has been done...yet.

2.Sticky tells it straight
new eels coach ricky stuart has already made his mark at the eels , telling players n staff in no uncertain terms what he expects from the entireclub going forward.
you can guarantee the eels will be a different side in 2013.Stuart has been showing a keen interest in the nsw cup finals and is also set to swoop on ipswich jets back rower Lorenzo Ma'afu.The mole has been told Ma'afu,who played for the dogs in 08 ,is on the cusp of signing a 2 yr deal at the club

3.Parra on Parr
Still on the Eels , and Cowboys football manager is set to become the next recruit to Stuart's new look Eels in 2013. A smart administrator who was chief executive of the cowboys before having his role change in a restructure, Parr is keen to come to Sydney and will be a good fit at the Eels.

4.Horo deal falls flat
Contrary to some reports , eels forward Justin Horo will not be going to the storm in 2013. Horo's deal with Melbourne fell through at the last minute - but the 26 yr old forward still has options.

5.Hot Gossip
Don't be surprised to see blues origin forward Greg Bird playing for parramatta in 2014 - or even 2013.
Eels coach Ricky Stuart is a huge bird fan and would move heaven n earth to get the rugged forward in the blue n gold.With the titans in financial strife,they may be prepared to let bird fly.

Juicy !

Horo deal fell flat ? I guess that means that we didn't agree to pay some of his coin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts