What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Other Assorted Crap VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Eels snare top NZ youngsters

Doug MacDougall
Eels Media

Wednesday 19 September 2012 2:14 PM

00047173-leadimage.jpg

The Pirtek Parramatta Eels have secured the services of two of New Zealand’s top young rugby league players in Kadince Christensen and Josh Aloiai.
Christensen has recently been named Captain of the 2012 New Zealand Residents U16s while Aloiai will line up for the NZ National Secondary Schools Merit Team.
Christensen, 16, drew the attention of several NRL clubs while playing for Whangarei Boys High, club side Northern Swords, and NZ junior representative sides.
"Kadince is in the Paul Gallen mould - he's got a high work rate and is good with and without the ball... he's just a good all around player," Eels Recruitment Manager Pete Nolan said today.
"Josh made the NZ schoolboys side as a 17-year old and has a lot of potential. He hasn't played a lot of footy growing up and we're confident he's got the best of it ahead of him."
The two backrowers will join the Eels for the 2013 pre-season in November this year.
NZ Residents 16 Years Team 2012
1. Christain Mika
2. Daniel Liddicoat
3. Ariel Tusiane
4. Semisi Vea
5. Ahurie Winitana
6. Richard Timoti
7. Ata Hingano
8. Jacob Diaz
9. Kalolo Saitaua
10.Michael Uluakiola
11.Bunty Afoa Vice Captain
12.Ofahiki Ogden
13.Kadince Christensen Captain
14. Haimona Hiroti
15.Jiordan Fidow-Kele
16.Sheldon Pitama
17.Losi Filipo
18.Kurt Bernard
19.Ken Tofilau

NZ National Secondary Schools Merit Team (1 - 17)
1. Josh Minhinnick, Auckland Grammar
2. Patricio Taafua, Taita College
3. Reubenn Rennie, Howick College
4. Ariel Tusiane, Otahuhu College
5. Semisi Vea, St Paul's College
6. Tuimoala Lolohea, Kelston Boys High School
7. Suni Sami, St Paul's College
8. Tavi Mariota, Otahuhu College
9. Kalolo Saitaua, Otahuhu College
10. Toafofoa Sipley, St Paul's College
11. Josh Aloiai, Kelston Boys High School
12. Michael Ki, Papatoetoe High School
13. Semisi Tyrell, Sir Edmond Hillary
14. Semisi Havili, St Paul's College
15. Sisa Manu, Tokoroa High School
16. Bunty Afoa, St Paul's College
17. Michael Uluakiola, Tangaroa College

http://www.parraeels.com.au/news-display/Eels-snare-top-NZ-youngsters/64166

natheel

Coach
It's good we are signing promising youngsters. Nolan is doing a good job very similar to what he did with Brisbane and their juniors.

On bird, would be great to have him an maitua pack down together in the scrum

So we coul see Jennings and bird in the blue and gold next year? Gee who would ever thought we would see that a year or so ago?

natheel

Coach
Also josh says Farah a chance of coming. Would rather him then jennings we have some good young backs

forward pass

Coach
I am thinking something seriously stinks at the Tigers at the moment. They are clearly not a happy camp. Time to swoop !

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
I'll let it slide this time..:D

Can never go wrong with signing more youngsters and NZ is pretty much the #1 nursery that we should be raiding.
:lol:

If i had the choice id take Bird or Farah over Jennings. It's good to see us nab a couple good young blokes. Keep up the good work Pete :).

Suitman

Post Whore
It can't be said that we aren't trying hard to dig ourselves out of this hole we have found ourselves in.

Suity

Parra Pride

Coach
Sheens is a senile old merkin who plays a five-eight at half back, a centre at five-eight, a half at a fullback and a fullback on the bench.

#MakesNoSense

Gronk

Staff member
Nice S G Ball signings. How many SGB players end up playing more than 100 FG games ? The answer probably is that you've got a greater chance if you sign kids from Reps like those two.

Onwards and upwards.

TheRam

Coach
Josh Massoud from 12:30pm Wednesday to talk all things NRL.

Comment From EagleEye
What is stopping the Kite deal to the Tigers? Does it lie with the Tigers, Manly or Kite himself, he is still under contract at Manly next year?

Josh's reply -
He's under contract for $300K. The clubs are negotiating what subsidy Manly will pay.

Well since we are so desperate for decent forwards why the hell aren't we having a shot at him? I mean he is top value if the scum are subsidizing part of the contract. Surely he would rather play under Sticky then that Sheens imbecile?

Eels Dude

Coach
Yep Laurie Daley's exceptional record of 2 wins from 5 games coaching the Country Origin side is a great coaching resume.

lingard

Coach
Irrespective of how good he is, how good I think he is, he put his family first, probably ahead of a couple of years in football. Pity a few more didn't do that as well..In general life as well as football...just sayin'

Agreed. And just because you don`t make first grade, doesn`t mean you`re a failure. Some damn fine footballers don`t make NRL level- for a whole host of reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.