What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
If we lost to the Warriors and Knights after giving them huge headstarts and didnt comeback against the Raiders.

We would be lower. More likely scenario for us.

It only works one way, remember? A win is a win, but a loss is also an imaginary win (if it wasn't for the refs/rain/suspension/injury/Hiku etc.).

We are actually unbeaten this season if you look at it from a certain point of view.

We are 6 and 7 - and I think that is an accurate reflection of the season, all things considered. A couple of huge wins against dross, a couple of desperate losses against big guns, and then your typical close games that could have gone either way,

MrBlack

Juniors
Our season has been building (after a very poor start)

Lets just see where we are at after the Cowboys game.

TheFrog

Coach
We are 6 and 7 - and I think that is an accurate reflection of the season, all things considered.
Probably fair, although 7 and 6 would have been fair too. In any case, it is not what has happened up to now that matters, it is what happens from now on. We are still in the running, which looked very doubtful a few weeks back.

If we lost to the Warriors and Knights after giving them huge headstarts and didnt comeback against the Raiders.

We absolutely murdered both those sides after terrible first halves. We deserved to win both games.

mxlegend99

Referee
We absolutely murdered both those sides after terrible first halves. We deserved to win both games.
We have deserved every result we have had. Luck went against us a couple of times. But we had luck on our side in those 3 games.

Us murdering a side for 40 minutes is just as big of a reflection on their effort as it is ours.

At the end of the day our team are soft at defending errors we make or the referee makes. high error rates and penalty rates dont need to mean conceding lots of points. But with us it does.

That Raiders winwas s miracle not only for how we came back. But for how many stats were against us.

OldPanther

Coach
We have deserved every result we have had. Luck went against us a couple of times. But we had luck on our side in those 3 games.

Us murdering a side for 40 minutes is just as big of a reflection on their effort as it is ours.

At the end of the day our team are soft at defending errors we make or the referee makes. high error rates and penalty rates dont need to mean conceding lots of points. But with us it does.

That Raiders winwas s miracle not only for how we came back. But for how many stats were against us.

Thats a good point. Could you clarify the bit about stats?

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
Lmao, here we go again.

You can talk all you want about how we played, but you can't deny that refereeing cost us those games.

Yes we lost by 14 to Brisbane(what a smashing), I would have loved to see what happened if certain things went our way instead.

Oh Billy you sarcastic little negative pebble you. :)

Also how did luck go our way in those three games?I'm genuinely curious into how people think this.

betcats

Referee
Lmao, here we go again.

You can talk all you want about how we played, but you can't deny that refereeing cost us those games.

Yes we lost by 14 to Brisbane(what a smashing), I would have loved to see what happened if certain things went our way instead.

Oh Billy you sarcastic little negative pebble you. :)

Also how did luck go our way in those three games?I'm genuinely curious into how people think this.

Yeah righto mate a bad call at nil all really cost us the brissy game. They went on to score 28 points in the first half but we definitely would of won had that call been correct, no doubt about it our defence would of been on point had we not copped that early bad call because everyone knows bad calls make teams miss tackles :rolleyes:.

Im not going to argue the roosters one but to say it about that Brisbane game is stupid as f**k IMO. The game was over at halftime, the points we scored after that are irrelevant.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
Yes, my favorite kind of perspective: if we had won the games we actually lost, we'd be higher on the table. Incredible insight.
Yes, if we didn't have chances of winning games ripped out of our hands we probably would be sitting higher.

Your style of writing pessimistic trash and having the reputation of being 'intelligent' really bothers me Billy...

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
Yeah righto mate a bad call at nil all really cost us the brissy game. They went on to score 28 points in the first half but we definitely would of won had that call been correct, no doubt about it our defence would of been on point had we not copped that early bad call :rolleyes:. That is bias in the extreme and ridiculous.

Im not going to argue the roosters one but to say it about that Brisbane game is stupid IMO.
I'm not just talking about the 'Tamou' try.Simple differing interpretations of ruck infringements gifting teams easier passages to our try line.

More work for us, less work for them.I could talk about momentum but that's unlikely, yes, to have been good for our defence but ignoring it just because they scored another try in the last few minutes is nauseating.

betcats

Referee
I'm not just talking about the 'Tamou' try.Simple differing interpretations of ruck infringements gifting teams easier passages to our try line.

More work for us, less work for them.I could talk about momentum but that's unlikely, yes, to have been good for our defence but ignoring it just because they scored another try in the last few minutes is nauseating.
Lets assume you are correct for arguments saks about the ruck interpretations there is still no guarantee we win at all. Seems like you are being extremely bias because I very much doubt the ruck interpretations gifted them 28 first half points.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
I know Penrith fans as a whole don't like refereeing discussions because of our concrete drinking toughness culture but it is what it is.

We're not going to win finals games with refereeing like that constantly occurring.Case in point, Canberra.

The one issue with Griffin is that he thinks we are going to play so well in every game that all of those factors will be removed.No complaining ever.No incentive for officials to budge and give us a crucial decision.

You can try to act 'smart' but in all seriousness, if you think we're going to get 50/50's going our way even if we play well enough to go up against Sharks/Melbourne in finals footy, you're crazy.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
Lets assume you are correct for arguments saks about the ruck interpretations there is still no guarantee we win at all. Seems like you are being extremely bias because I very much doubt the ruck interpretations gifted them 28 first half points.
How many points they scored in the first half is irrelevant.The facts are that 1.we should have got the first try, 2.Brisbane shouldn't have gotten that many decisions go their way which gifted them try scoring chances and didn't give us many.

Don't act like scoring the first try wouldn't have made the match different.Facts are facts, we wouldn't have been down by so much if we knew that we still weren't losing even when we conceded for the first time.

28 points in the first half?Cool, we scored 18 in the second.The chance to win that game was obviously ripped out of our hands.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
Honestly I'm done arguing as I feel like this is going in a big circle.Let's just wait till Thurston's 300th game turns into catastrophe and see if you guys have changed your minds by then.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Honestly I'm done arguing as I feel like this is going in a big circle.Let's just wait till Thurston's 300th game turns into catastrophe and see if you guys have changed your minds by then.

I will never change my mind on this, because you are just engaging in whining and excuse-making. There is a reason why skeepe is an absolute joke as a Raiders fan, because everything that happens to them is a conspiracy. And this is what you are embracing here.

The attitude you are so keen to instill in the rest of us is the first recourse of a loser: blaming everyone else except for yourself.

OldPanther

Coach
How many points they scored in the first half is irrelevant.The facts are that 1.we should have got the first try, 2.Brisbane shouldn't have gotten that many decisions go their way which gifted them try scoring chances and didn't give us many.

Don't act like scoring the first try wouldn't have made the match different.Facts are facts, we wouldn't have been down by so much if we knew that we still weren't losing even when we conceded for the first time.

28 points in the first half?Cool, we scored 18 in the second.The chance to win that game was obviously ripped out of our hands.

Didn't Roberts run the length of the field a few times? I don't think the ref helped that at all. Also we got some good calls in the Knights game.

betcats

Referee

18 in the second after the scored the first try of that half, they switched off. Again I think you are just being extremely bias, you have no idea how the game turns out if the first try was awarded etc there is certainly no guarantee we win lol that's just you being very biased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts