What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
Haven'tgot an opinion one way or the other on Nathan at the moment. I can see reasons for staying and going. Depends what kind of person he is as to which reasons call to him more.

I see no reason for him to go. Nothing has changed since both Nathan and Gus said no talks. He can't be seen as ignoring the question so gives answers to keep everyone happy

franklin2323

Immortal
And its his job to lie. He really shouldn't be on Twitter it can only cause problems. He's also a bitch on there and will close his account when someone calls out his bullshit

He'd have a motive for being on there. I wouldn't say lie but probably only 10% of the full story. If he aired to full story of things like what James did with us etc it loses players trust. So I get it

OldPanther

Coach
I see no reason for him to go. Nothing has changed since both Nathan and Gus said no talks. He can't be seen as ignoring the question so gives answers to keep everyone happy

Money or to play under his father. He might not take those options but there are reasons he could go.

MrBlack

Juniors
Cleary is playing behind one of the best forward packs in quite a few years.

Question is - would he continue to dominate behind a lesser pack??

This is why he may stay.

Also he is happy here, playing with mates in a team that has good spirit. Gus will make it worth his while financially and everything else will be the point of difference that makes his mind up.

I still believe if Nathan has a deal with a club that can win comps now he COULD leave. I know ive said it before but Gus' comments about Ivan were childish, unprofessional and simply idiotic. Surely Nathan has feelings about it

OldPanther

Coach
I still believe if Nathan has a deal with a club that can win comps now he COULD leave. I know ive said it before but Gus' comments about Ivan were childish, unprofessional and simply idiotic. Surely Nathan has feelings about it

He surely would unless the Cleary family agree that Ivan was getting run down at the time.

Pomoz

Bench
I disagree. His comments were tactful and inoffensive. He had to give a reason why he sacked Ivan and he used an innocuous statement.

As an executive you have to fire people all the time. You cannot divulge the reasons why publicly. That is why people say things like 'left to pursue other opportunities', rather than 'he was an arsehole who bullied staff so he had to go'. I am in no way inferring Ivan left for any reason than what Gus said, but if its true, he was tired, to say so is hardly a damaging statement or indictment of Ivan's ability.

With hindsight, Ivan may realise Gus was right. He needed a change.

unKwn

Juniors
Nathan would be foolish to leave. I know blood is thicker than water but he won't grow as a player under his dad I think. He has the best chance to win a comp and set up a good future for himself, his mates and the club. All under a well managed cap courtesy of Gus, and a great halves partner and mentor in Maloney. If I was Cleary, I wouldn't want to help rebuild another club (tigers), but instead stay at the club which is leading to great things in the future years. But then you have the roosters with their mountain of money and god knows if Cleary is loyal to the panthers or not.

BxTom

Bench
I would also make the point that not only was Nathan raving about the mates here, he was also raving about the resources and the way the rehab staff had treated him. All things that would appeal to a professional athlete. Good signs.

Tom

For pure football reasons then yes he'd be mad to leave. Also can't see money being an issue with Gus' having spent a lot of time learning from Uncle Nick......

TheFrog

Coach
He had to give a reason why he sacked Ivan and he used an innocuous statement.
My guess would be that Gus wanted to have a certain amount of hands on involvement, without actually being the coach, and Cleary wasn't amenable, so Gus brought in someone who was.

franklin2323

Immortal
Money or to play under his father. He might not take those options but there are reasons he could go.

Money he gets here. Playing under His dad. He'd get longer in the car with him but would get to training and be flogged in the gym by a trainer with strangers.
Not too mention the players they'd lose to add his $1m plus to the cap in a team not pushing for the title anyway.

Mansour could of even gone to play with his best man from his wedding for more cash and stayed. Close team bond will always win out

OldPanther

Coach
Money he gets here. Playing under His dad. He'd get longer in the car with him but would get to training and be flogged in the gym by a trainer with strangers.
Not too mention the players they'd lose to add his $1m plus to the cap in a team not pushing for the title anyway.

Mansour could of even gone to play with his best man from his wedding for more cash and stayed. Close team bond will always win out

I didn't say he'd take the options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts