What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Especially if Garner goes, We have enough youth to not worry about an aging team
It will be a good blend again having boys older 27+ and Rookies in the mix. We might have a gap year but things will quickly click back into gear and we should be able to dominate for a few more years.

Iamback

Coach
Agree on that. Cameron and Ivan have done such an incredible job over the last 4 years in how they manage the salary cap, retention and recruitment.

It surprises me that a struggling club hasn’t tried to head hunt Cameron. If I was trying to turn a struggling club around, he would be one of the first I would try to recruit, especially if I was the Tigers or Bulldogs, who have large junior nurseries that haven’t been developed and utilised properly.

The bad clubs are too lazy and impatient.

They want quick fixes and developing juniors won't keep them employed

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
The bad clubs are too lazy and impatient.

They want quick fixes and developing juniors won't keep them employed

I so agree. I can remember well when Penrith was doing the exact same thing. Matty Elliott not offering Wade Graham a proper contract (especially with him being a local junior and had great prospects) a huge travesty in judgement.

Paul Aiton was another one too. Shocking decisions.

Iamback

Coach
I so agree. I can remember well when Penrith was doing the exact same thing. Matty Elliott not offering Wade Graham a proper contract (especially with him being a local junior and had great prospects) a huge travesty in judgement.

Paul Aiton was another one too. Shocking decisions.

Even higher too. Why do the work for your replacement to reap the rewards when you are sacked 2 years into the rebuild?

We see it with Dogs and the 2 merger clubs all the time. They aren't stable so go for quick wins

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Even higher too. Why do the work for your replacement to reap the rewards when you are sacked 2 years into the rebuild?

We see it with Dogs and the 2 merger clubs all the time. They aren't stable so go for quick wins

Sadly it's a spiral. I must acknowledge the Penrith board and Gus who in 2011 decided to break the cycle.

The board especially for giving Gus free reign basically to do what was needed. From that we got Ivan, Matt Cameron and many others. Their ability to stay true to what was needed was quite remarkable. Well done.

tripster

Juniors
I think it is almost certain that Sorro will go back to the bench and play the same role he played in past seasons.

There has been discussion about it earlier in the thread but our bench will struggle without Soro coming on to replace Leota or Fish.

We extended Sorensen in June 2023 to be with us until the end or 2026. He is already 30. We did that at the time we already knew Leniu was leaving. Sorro has shown he is an excellent second rower, but he is just as good as an impact prop. There is no way we signed someone of his age to the end of 2026 with the expectation he is a starting second rower at 33.

I think it is likely that Ivan will go back to having Garner or Hosking starting in the second row with Soro coming off the bench.

Time will tell!

It is what has flown under the radar with the Luai circus.

We will clearly add to the side but this 17 for 2025 still beats most teams and would be top 8.

Edwards
To'o
McLean
Tago
Iongi
Cole
Cleary
Leota
Luke
Fish
Martin
Sorro
Yeo

Smith
Henry
Hassett
Schneider

Riley Price
Mav

You add Turuva, Kenny and a few others to that squad and we already look to be pushing for Top 4.

Easily to get lost in who we lost, We have done well to lock up in particular that starting pack
Surely Luke Sommerton for Soni Luke. So much upside with Sommerton, I expect big things career wise for the kid.

Latest posts