What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Michael Matral

Juniors
And I was equally treating your shit post with the contempt it deserved.

As far as sarcasm goes, you’re a complete f*cking amature. You need lessons on how and when to use it.
Amateur not Amature...spell correct at least if you are going to insult someone..how's that for "when to use to use it"? I just can't agree with you that Mavrik Geyer is an option for the 5/8 role no matter how much you argue the semantics of the word "option". I couldn't think of anyone else on here who would agree with you, and I will sign off on this agreeing to disagree.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
Good point. Even when I Saw Sunia those weeks ago, he gave me confidence that he was staying. It is really Tago and May I'm Effy about. Even with what you say about his lack of modern medicine usage, some desperate club might still offer more.

Tago is off contract end of 2025. So we will have a bit more certainty in the rest of the backline by then.

Turuva has said he wants to buy a house from his next deal. We could do that and not pay stupid money. Say 3 years at $400k.

That locks him in until he is 25, after that he might be a centre here and want to stay or we might have someone else waiting and he can get his big money deal elsewhere.

Same too with May, He has said he wants to play with his brothers but has missed out on playing the big games here. That makes his situation different.

He also might be shit centre and we are better off re-signing Alamonti or someone instead.

The thing for me is. We have a 17 locked in for 2025. A few rookies in that so we clearly need to improve it BUT now we have the $900k that was set aside for Luai. That allows us to build elsewhere.

Michael Matral

Juniors
Tago is off contract end of 2025. So we will have a bit more certainty in the rest of the backline by then.

Turuva has said he wants to buy a house from his next deal. We could do that and not pay stupid money. Say 3 years at $400k.

That locks him in until he is 25, after that he might be a centre here and want to stay or we might have someone else waiting and he can get his big money deal elsewhere.

Same too with May, He has said he wants to play with his brothers but has missed out on playing the big games here. That makes his situation different.

He also might be shit centre and we are better off re-signing Alamonti or someone instead.

The thing for me is. We have a 17 locked in for 2025. A few rookies in that so we clearly need to improve it BUT now we have the $900k that was set aside for Luai. That allows us to build elsewhere.
It's a nice position for us to be in.

Luke Bowden

First Grade

I feel like Tito will be chasing 500k + surely.

Someone will through FB money at him I think.

BossleyPanther

Juniors

It's a good position to be in. I think the main area we need some depth is experience forwards.

Iamback

Coach
I feel like Tito will be chasing 500k + surely.

Someone will through FB money at him I think.

Who?

most teams seem settled in the fullback and for him he has work to do.

I do think it will come but he is only into his 2nd year of FG. We saw attacking the line he needs work

Iamback

Coach
It's a nice position for us to be in.

It is what has flown under the radar with the Luai circus.

We will clearly add to the side but this 17 for 2025 still beats most teams and would be top 8.

Edwards
To'o
McLean
Tago
Iongi
Cole
Cleary
Leota
Luke
Fish
Martin
Sorro
Yeo

Smith
Henry
Hassett
Schneider

Riley Price
Mav

You add Turuva, Kenny and a few others to that squad and we already look to be pushing for Top 4.

Easily to get lost in who we lost, We have done well to lock up in particular that starting pack

Crashtest

Juniors
Who?

I do think it will come but he is only into his 2nd year of FG. We saw attacking the line he needs work

The Tigers, Dragons and Raiders would be the teams mostly likely to want to sign him.

The Tigers tried to sign him previously, are losing their best winger in2025 so have a starting spot for him, and he is excellent fullback cover in case of injury.

The Dragons have a tone of cash, vacant roster spots, and Sloan is yet to prove he will cut it as a first grade fullback.

The Raiders have cap space and vacant spots, plus don’t have an established fullback and rotated several players at fullback last season.

Any of those teams could easily throw $500k at him.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Who?

Without really thinking about it, I’d say the Dragons, Dolphins and Raiders would take him. Not sure where the Eels will be at with Gutho at the end of this season.

Any thing can happen in the next 12 months, I’m just saying that I think he’s good enough to attract descent offers. That’s all

Iamback

Coach
The Tigers, Dragons and Raiders would be the teams mostly likely to want to sign him.

The Tigers tried to sign him previously, are losing their best winger in2025 so have a starting spot for him, and he is excellent fullback cover in case of injury.

The Dragons have a tone of cash, vacant roster spots, and Sloan is yet to prove he will cut it as a first grade fullback.

The Raiders have cap space and vacant spots, plus don’t have an established fullback and rotated several players at fullback last season.

Any of those teams could easily throw $500k at him.

Tigers wouldn't have $500k on a winger now

Dragons - possible but Flanagan has used ball playing fullbacks in the past. Even Jack Bird was used by

As for Canberra

Why would he leave to play wing though?

Unless there is a clear fullback spot for him, I don't see it

Remember too, he knocked back a chance to play under Wayne Bennett to stay here

Crashtest

Juniors
Easily to get lost in who we lost, We have done well to lock up in particular that starting pack

Agree on that. Cameron and Ivan have done such an incredible job over the last 4 years in how they manage the salary cap, retention and recruitment.

It surprises me that a struggling club hasn’t tried to head hunt Cameron. If I was trying to turn a struggling club around, he would be one of the first I would try to recruit, especially if I was the Tigers or Bulldogs, who have large junior nurseries that haven’t been developed and utilised properly.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Agree on that. Cameron and Ivan have done such an incredible job over the last 4 years in how they manage the salary cap, retention and recruitment.

It surprises me that a struggling club hasn’t tried to head hunt Cameron. If I was trying to turn a struggling club around, he would be one of the first I would try to recruit, especially if I was the Tigers or Bulldogs, who have large junior nurseries that haven’t been developed and utilised properly.

You sure no one has ever tried?

Latest posts