What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

MugaB

Coach
Very early stages in seeking a replacement for Fish. Names have been thrown around. That is it.
The club will methodically take their time to search for the right player.
If, the right player doesn't become available for 2025. The club is putting together an alternative plan to get through 2025 in another direction. And then target who they want the following season.
Given what has happened, the situation is still very fluid.
Tell them to save their money, and just shift Sorrenson and/or Marto into starting Prop, there's enough depth to fill back rowers, Tago could shift there too, or just go to market on someone like Jayden Su'a, easier to fill a centre/wing spot than an experienced middle

Tell them to save their money, and just shift Sorrenson and/or Marto into starting Prop, there's enough depth to fill back rowers, Tago could shift there too, or just go to market on someone like Jayden Su'a, easier to fill a centre/wing spot than an experienced middle
It has merit moving players to different positions and keeping the home grown production line going.

But, we need the young blokes to get 40 or 50 games in second grade to harden up before expecting them to make it in the top grade. So we might have to get a first grade ready prop from market.

Problem is, like halves, there is not a real lot of quality available at the moment.

I'm sure Ivan and Matt Cameron will conjure something up to fit the system.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
I want Alamoti to thrive today, which means either Turuva or May to the wing. I like May on the field but his Gangster type Instagram is more suited to being on set filming "Breaking Bad" if he can be a little more wise with his posts, it would cause less issues for the club. If it continues the club has to move him on, which would be sad cause I would love to see his brother here.

Black Panther

Juniors
You are right. So with that said we keep Turuva, release May. Sign either an Edge with Martin or Sorro at prop or just sign a prop?
No we keep May, he is a weapon. Hopefully we can steer him in the right direction. We need to concentrate on signing a decent First Grade standard Prop. May will let his Football do the talking on the field.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Absolutely crazy the amount of people who think Tago should just shift into the 2nd row.

He is small for a centre. He'd really struggle in the 2nd row at the NRL level. That and you'd also nullify what is great about him - his speed and evasive skills.
Iamback said he is similar build to Murray

hindy111

Post Whore
I thought I'd share this. Where I live isn't exactly rugby league territory. You hardly ever see an NRL jersey. I'm live in the inner west.
But what I have started to see of late is kids wearing Panthers jerseys. It's given me a chuckle. Around Leichhardt/Petersham and even Marrickville. Succes brings fans especially when it comes to kids. I've not seen any other jerseysnin the area but in the last 3 weeks atleast 4 kids in Penrith jerseys