What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Mansour and Tedesco in the same spine would make some serious tackle busting and line breaking action. Only problem is coughing up ludicrous amounts of dosh for 2 players who so far have legs that are made up of paper mache instead of ligaments and muscles

Pete Cash

Post Whore
We paid Dugan about the same amount of cash adjusted for the current salary cap and he is just as injury prone and is a huge dickhead. All things considered we need to take some risks and if that means splashing out on some talented but injury prone players so be it. That said Ennis is pretty important if the rumours are true that we are looking to offload Campo. We could have a spine with next to no experience in it next year.

Bench
FMD if the figures I heard today for Mansour's offer to the Raiders are right that's about $150-200k more than what I believe the last Penrith offer was. He'd be crazy not to take it.

There is talk in more than one place that the raiders have up their offer to Tedesco to $800k,so they are gonna spend $2mill on 3 players that have not yet represented or played a decent amount of NRL,good luck with that.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
FMD if the figures I heard today for Mansour's offer to the Raiders are right that's about $150-200k more than what I believe the last Penrith offer was. He'd be crazy not to take it.

Judging from Gus banging on today about Rona having signed somewhere I'm guessing that's why they're not concerned with Mansour leaving

nick87

Coach
So we're offering Proctor 700k, we're offering Tedesco 800k, Mansour is getting the keys to our city, Ennis is getting 500k... anyone would think we're the roosters

Pete Cash

Post Whore
And you have to remember that we had a million dollars to offer Milford just on his own. The Raiders have A LOT of salary cap space. Might as well spend it. The only contract coming up over the next two years that is a key must sign is Cornish.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
So we're offering Proctor 700k, we're offering Tedesco 800k, Mansour is getting the keys to our city, Ennis is getting 500k... anyone would think we're the roosters

We can only rely on juniors for so long. We need to bring in some players, which are decent lol.

axl rose

Bench
After 10 first grade games Teddy would be an idiot to reject that money from a desperate coach. Take the cash for a few years then after that look elsewhere for a club that is a premership threat. At 23 should still have time to correct all the bad habits Stuart will teach him.

Last edited:

DURRRHURRR

Juniors

Tedesco is worth the risk imo. He has shown himself to be one of the best if not the best support player in the game. If he can stay healthy for even 3/4 of a season he is worth that money. Mansour has some great tackle busting ability and can act as an extra forward when the team is struggling but I would not pay overs for him. Proctor won't look so good when he is not on the end of those Cronk passes.

POPEYE

Coach
Proctor is a Jeremy Smith type, they play for a livelihood, any appearance of allegiance is just coincidental. Proctor's performances will never suffer because of the players around him, he plays the game, like Smith, at the one pace.

If Tedesco's portrait was on paper currency it would be the Civil War Confederate dollar, at best an accident waiting to happen, at worst an imposter

soc123_au

Staff member
Mansour isn't overly injury prone. He has earnt every cent he has been paid at Penrith. Best of luck to him if he gets a big pay day from the Raiders.

Paullyboy

Coach
If we sign Ennis it'll be a sad, sad day for our club. That would be spitting in the face of the raiders greats.

I have nothing against proctor as a person, but he doesn't fill a need we have. Fensom, papa and Edwards are a strong backrow and with Joel Thompson coming back next year I don't see what role proctor would play. Especially if we are paying overs for him.

As for tedesco, I hate the idea of poaching juniors. But I wouldn't complain if we had a quality fullback again. And Mansour seems unneeded at the panthers so I'll happily take him. A wing pairing of him and Edrick lee would be amazing!

Far Canal

Juniors
Paying that $$ for Tedesco is crazy.

He is too injury prone - he may spark the team for one or 2 games then get injured for a lengthy period of time.

In the end it does not matter because Stuart is still the coach . . . :sarcasm:
que sera

Bulldog Force

Referee
Well we don't need another centre IMO - we've got one of the best in the world in Morris and a few others young guns doing the job pretty good such as Lafai. Inu is also available if needed.

nick87

Coach
Raiders have a presser at 3pm today, speculation around the nations capital that it might be a player signing... Tedesco, Mansour or Proctor maybe. Oh boy!!

Edited: This is sure to be a total disappointment... Probably just announcing Josh McCrone extension :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.