What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noname36

First Grade
Im not worried about the halves, Mitch Cornish is a keeper.

He's played what, 15 minutes of first grade? I don't know, I think it's impossible to make a statement like that so soon. He's looked like a very decent player in the lower grades, but we've seen countless halves look like world beaters in the lower grades and then either can't make the step up, or make a good fist of FG for about a year before they get found out as being average.

He very well could turn into a star, but penciling him in now as being the bloke to run the side and be the Raider's halves saviour is a huge risk and puts way too much pressure on him. Especially when Stuart is notorious for destroying blokes that play in his position.

The Raiders really need to be looking at halves and props before wingers and backrowers IMO. Vaughan is a good prospect (and he's probably going to get better because to Sticky's credit he's good with props) but the good sides have at least 4-5 of them.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I think you aren't wrong especially in the backrow where Edwards is at worst honest and Kennedy has potential but the whole side needs work tbh. Mansour would be good because both lee and rr are finishers. Mansour is just what we need.

But a prop and a second half or 5/8 would be good. Hooker is position number one needing work atm though. Stuart has taken over a side that has both been gutted of talent and has too much money locked up on under performing props. I think I've mentioned there are rumours that Stuart wants to offload shillo, white, tll and campo. That's a clear indication he sees what the problem is too. The raiders are probably a two year project.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Have you seen him play in the halves Pete??? Basically it is catching practice for the opposition fullback, under no pressure, all night long.

If there are any legs to the rumour, he would be heading to you as a hooker, surely?

nick87

Coach
He's played what, 15 minutes of first grade? I don't know, I think it's impossible to make a statement like that so soon. He's looked like a very decent player in the lower grades, but we've seen countless halves look like world beaters in the lower grades and then either can't make the step up, or make a good fist of FG for about a year before they get found out as being average.

He very well could turn into a star, but penciling him in now as being the bloke to run the side and be the Raider's halves saviour is a huge risk and puts way too much pressure on him. Especially when Stuart is notorious for destroying blokes that play in his position.

The Raiders really need to be looking at halves and props before wingers and backrowers IMO. Vaughan is a good prospect (and he's probably going to get better because to Sticky's credit he's good with props) but the good sides have at least 4-5 of them.

That's up to you to form your own opinion, mine is that he's going to be a very good NRL half. And none of that has anything to do with his 15 minute cameo.

nick87

Coach
You'd think so. That signing wouldn't make any sense.

It was 1000% made up. A couple of guys I know started it yesterday for a laugh. It's f**king hilarious how easy it is to start a rumour.

I was one of the guys pushing it for a laugh to pass time during the proctor fiasco.
Naturally the mole jumped on it hahaha, muppet.

Last edited:

nrlnrl

First Grade
Willie Tonga to Dragons before June 30 is being mentioned by The Mole & in papers. ( realise it's been mentioned on here before that as well ) It's good to see a change of coach has changed the recruiting policy for the better.

DFC005

Juniors
Not sure. I actually think he's been playing very well for the Eels. Formed a solid partnership with big Semi.

morley101

Juniors
There was rumours that Parra were a little bit over the cap and would need to release a player before June 30.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
My bad.

However, he's hardly set the world on fire - why would the Eels be okay with letting him go if he was a reasonable asset?

Fit Izzy in next year now that the NRL are willing to pay for code hoppers. We had to make room some how.

Don't know why the Dragons would want Tonga.

They have a very good backline already. They desperately need to sign some Forwards. Anything else is a waste of money for them at this stage. If I were Doust I'd be offering everything I had left under the cap to try and lure Ben Hannant down from the Broncos.

Status
Not open for further replies.