What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

typicalfan

Coach
Neil Henry has said he would be interested in Sam Thaiday. I really probably could see the Titans the only logical choice for Sam, if he didn't want to uproot his family to a different location and wanted to play on. Still a long way to go 2018 though and Henry expressing interest doesn't mean anything's set in stone.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rugb...-thaiday/ar-BBEFf8x?li=AA54yd&ocid=spartandhp
Got to hand it to Henry. He is building that Titans reputation. Even if Henry doesn't go for Sam or Sam rejects, Henry is keen for Queenslanders to build a similar culture to Nth Qld and Melbourne.

Its all about perception. Look how Jarrod Wallace and Ash Taylor are going.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Got to hand it to Henry. He is building that Titans reputation. Even if Henry doesn't go for Sam or Sam rejects, Henry is keen for Queenslanders to build a similar culture to Nth Qld and Melbourne.

Not really. Henry will throw his hat into the ring for any player looking to be offloaded by their current club.

I'd hardly call Konrad Hurrell, Nathan Peats or Tyrone Roberts Qlders.....add their "prize recruit" in Hayne and I'd call it basically a transit centre with a few good juniors thrown into the mix.

I don't see any concerted effort to grow a "Qld culture" at all.

typicalfan

Coach
Henry didn't want Hayne he was quite vocal about it. And Peats is class and would be welcome at any club needing a 9. Any club who wants to be considered contenders needs a good 9.

Cowboys and Storm are not above recruiting from NZ or NSW either when the right talent comes along. But overall, watch how many players they are luring from the Broncos. Its quite obvious

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Henry didn't want Hayne he was quite vocal about it. And Peats is class and would be welcome at any club needing a 9. Any club who wants to be considered contenders needs a good 9.

Cowboys and Storm are not above recruiting from NZ or NSW either when the right talent comes along. But overall, watch how many players they are luring from the Broncos. Its quite obvious

Lol

Righto champ

Spot On

Coach

Bennett farked up letting both go. He was too pig headed to keep Wallace. Just had to offer a few more dollars. He was cheap. Huge error.

typicalfan

Coach
Bennett farked up letting both go. He was too pig headed to keep Wallace. Just had to offer a few more dollars. He was cheap. Huge error.
Agree, and the next player who is looking elsewhere who is stuck at the Broncos, the Titans can offer an opportunity and show the results in Wallace. Anyway wrong thread for it but I doubt Sam takes up the offer.

POPEYE

Coach

I don't know about 'luring' from the Broncos, definitely 'keeping them out of the hands' of the Broncos . . . much to the ire of Benny

Trivia: Brisbane to Townsville 1356k. Brisbane to Melbourne 1681k

Pedge1971

First Grade
I don't know about 'luring' from the Broncos, definitely 'keeping them out of the hands' of the Broncos . . . much to the ire of Benny

Trivia: Brisbane to Townsville 1356k. Brisbane to Melbourne 1681k

Great work Pops. How does one do the shed work over Bellamy and still be a purist?

#notheretohaveadebate

davi

Juniors
The Raiders recruitment manager was asked if the Raiders would sign Dave Taylor next year on Marketwatch. He suggested he's been offered a deal but was considering a couple of other offers overseas, which is surprising because Taylor had originally said he was tired being away from his daughters. Maybe he figures he has to make as many dollars in the game before he retires to support them? Anyway you can be sure the Raiders offer would have been lowball offer, Taylor has only played five games this year.

Latest posts