What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Wato

Juniors
Sorry mate edited my last post re Farah. Yes we are strongly linked with him and there are plenty of people saying the same. Tigers will be paying for a fair bit of his deal should someone sign him I presume.

No worries thought you might have had some inside mail. If it's a choice between Farah and Tolman though we should opt for Tolman he will add a lot more value to our side in a position we are far shorter in. Thou the experience of Hodko and Farah of playing origin etc would be invaluable for our young players and installing in them the drive to achieve similar success in their own careers.

PhilGould

Bench
No thanks to Farah. Good player but would be a stop-gap solution in an already rebuilding team. Could also mean Levi would look elsewhere. Would much prefer we spend our money on someone like Tolman.

To sign one of Farah or Tolman would be big. To sign both would be a miracle but if we can find third parties worth a pinch of s### then this club would fully restore my faith. We need to go all in. These are two highly experienced and class players we are taking about.

Yosh

Coach
If we sign Farah, we go from the worst spine in the NRL in 2015 (pre god-roberts) to perhaps top 3 in 2016.

Good to see receuitment aimed at improving the spine and not player contracts. We've spent too much cap on outside backs and locals.

We're sort of building a fantasy side aren't we?

1. Mamo (maybe country rep 2016)
3. Dane Gagai (Qld rep)
4. Sione Mata'utai (maybe some reps again in 2016?)

6. Mullen (hopefully a Origin call up in 2016)
7. Hogdkinson (Nsw rep)

8. Snowden (rep quality on his day)
9. Robbie Farah (Nsw rep)
10. Korbin Sims (perhaps Qld rep 2016)
12. Tariq Sims (could get Nsw rep 2016)

Coach: Danny Buderus (legend)

Swarzey

Bench
Well, if Farah wants to take a hefty pay cut, have absolutely no say, be just another cog in the machine known as the 2016 Premiers, play games for only 40 minutes before ultimately losing his spot to Levi because in Levi we thrust and finishing his contract and presumably his career in NSW Cup then sssssuuuuurrrreeeeee.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Someone like Tolman would be far more beneficial to us. Farah is good but he's slowing down now and he'd be in demand for big $$$ which he's not worth now imo. I also think we need to back a guy like Levi to make the #9 his own next year.

Wato

Juniors
That would be f**king massive.

8.Snowden
10.Tolman
11.Sims
12.Sims
13.Smith

14.Rochow
15.Tapine
16.Paea

Stockwell? Surely He makes the side he was going great for us before his injury plus Rochow is an 80 minute player with reduced interchanges you want as many of them as possible. That is the best pack we have had in a long time tbh possibly since we won the Comp.

PhilGould

Bench
8. Tolman
10. K. Sims
11. Tapine
12. Rochow
13. T. Sims

15. Stockwell
16. Snowden
17. Paea/Mataora/Smith

Is what I'd go with. Certainly a very strong pack on paper, most of them are young too and only getting better.

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
any word on whats happened with McManus?
No confirmation or anything like that. But I believe he will retire.

If he doesn't, he will with the next concussion he gets.

As I said previously, he was feeling the affects of his last concussions for weeks afterwards and it was impacting things like the way he walks.

Farah will only be a realistic option if he drops his price tag by half and I doubt his ego would allow that. Again I emphasise I am only relaying what the media has been suggesting. We seem more option now as opposed to a strong link. at a million a year owed he may be in no man's land.

Frederick

Staff member
Farah will only be a realistic option if he drops his price tag by half and I doubt his ego would allow that. Again I emphasise I am only relaying what the media has been suggesting. We seem more option now as opposed to a strong link. at a million a year owed he may be in no man's land.

The Tigers would be subsidizing it, so it wouldn't cost any club that much to sign him

slotmachine

First Grade
The Tigers would want to be kicking in half for anyone to be interested. $500k a year for 2 years is good value for Farah.

That said I doubt we have the room to fit him in especially if Tolman is coming.

I'd be 80% confident Jimmy has played his last match.

Burwood

Bench
I'd take Farah in a heartbeat over Tolman. Imagine what a quality hooker would do to our team- even a 35 year old Buderus playing half a match made our team look better than it was.

Randell can bugger off, Clydsdale has a year to go on his contract and can either play NSW Cup or battle it out with Levi for a spot on the bench in first grade. Levi is only 19, so thinking he'd get the shits and leave if we sign Farah doesn't strike me as being likely to happen.

Latest posts