What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Bartwah

Juniors
Interesting that Brown said on NRL360 that while we did enquire about Graham earlier in the year, we are looking in another direction now. He also said Graham had no interest in leaving Canterbury
Possibly meaning that we're chasing Blair instead I'm guessing.

PhilGould

Bench
He specifically said they're looking at a front row leader who is a great trainer and who looks after his body/diet, two things Blair is notorious for.

Plus he kept talking about Matt Scott when we dropped the offer to him.
Unless his ACL is recovering and something is going on in the background.
Or, he meant someone like Matt Scott and might be referring to Blair without mentioning his name.

aqua_duck

Coach
By re-structuring do u mean moving on a player or 2 to get back under?
As in move a player or two on or backload some of the players they re-signed this year, Canterbury are already backloading their deals that were signed this year and they can't shop their players around very easily as they're all on heavily backloaded deals and are out of form. Their situation is akin to being massive in debt and trying to sell off property when the market has crashed

Old dog

Juniors
Plus he kept talking about Matt Scott when we dropped the offer to him.
Unless his ACL is recovering and something is going on in the background.
Or, he meant someone like Matt Scott and might be referring to Blair without mentioning his name.
Help Watson, Sherlock hasn't a clue, LOL

Pedge1971

First Grade
Has anyone heard that the Dogs have found four other friends (clubs) who have agreed to take a proposal for the cap to be at 9.6 million to the NRL?

Must have happened over the lunch the greedy pricks arranged today. The lunch Toddles palmed off.

So who are the other 4 clubs?

I reckon Penrith and Canberra are 2 of them. Both reportes to be over.

Burwood

Bench
Because of their backended deals, the Bulldogs were already going to be in a very bad position in regards to their 2018 salary cap. This is all because of poor decisions they made going back two to three years ago.

They can't even blame the NRL being inconsistent with their salary cap message earlier this year for the position that they currently find themselves in.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
After watching how everything had come together, would everyone be happy with Brown being given a new 3 year extension? I would really want to do it early, as i worry a team like the dogs coming in next year after they boot Des.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
A big no thanks to Hayne. He's a shadow of the player he used to be on the field yet his ego has somehow doubled. He is literally the last thing we need in our side.

Considering what has happened to the Titans since Hayne got there I would think that's a free lesson learned.

We've just spent two gruelling and painful years building a decent culture at the club so I can't see why Brown would look at a guy who's basically destroyed the culture at another club in one season.

Spot On

Coach
After watching how everything had come together, would everyone be happy with Brown being given a new 3 year extension? I would really want to do it early, as i worry a team like the dogs coming in next year after they boot Des.

I'd be very surprised if something like this isnt in the works atm. Possibly announced once the Wests takeover is done?

PhilGould

Bench
SAIFITI BOYS AT HOME IN HUNTER

If Daniel Saifiti has it his way, he and brother Jacob will play out their careers with Newcastle.

The 21-year-old’s management is currently in talks with the Knights to extend his deal a further two seasons.

Already contracted for next season, the proposed deal for him and his brother will keep the duo tied to the club until at least the end of 2020.

“There’s a few players signed for long term and we want to be a part of that as well,” Daniel told Market Watch.

“There’s talks going along and I can’t see myself in any other colours to be honest. I want to stay in Newy for as long as I can.”

Having already played over 40 games over two seasons, Saifiti has established himself as the leader of the pack.

While it’s strange to think a player who only debuted last year is the big unit his teammates turn to in order to get the team rolling forward, he had no choice but to step up in the absence of seasoned veterans.

“It happened last year. We had to take the role (as leader),” he said of his maturity.

“We’re getting seasoned forwards next year, hopefully and Herman’s coming and he’s a sensational player. This year we have to play well and finish off the year strong.”

Don’t be surprised if Newcastle drop out of the mix for Bulldogs discards if they land the signature of Adam Blair.

The club has cash to spend but are mindful of sharing it around a host of positions and not blocking the pathway of their emerging talents like the Saifiti boys.

“All I can guarantee is he is a player of interest for us,” Nathan Brown said.

“He is certainly someone we feel would help our young forwards, the (Daniel and Jacob) Safitis, (Josh) Kingy and Barny (Mitchell Barnett) with his experience.. “He’s come from the Melbourne Storm and he is a winner and he knows how to prepare to win.

“He is certainly someone who would help our organisation move forward a lot.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/342dfc385c985ac0896bc48ed2acdc3a

Dave_

Juniors
Have we ever recruited better for the upcoming season in our history? I certainly can't remember if we did and there's still more to come

Jono078

Referee
Have we ever had a really good recruitment year?

The last good recruitment period would've been maybe when we signed Brian Carney? lol.

And I guess you could argue Bennett's recruitment was solid, but only for that time period and not for future building.

I reckon we won't get Blair. Brown doesn't seem confident after their naughty weekend together.
I'd rather have someone who really wants to be part of building the club than someone who doesn't seem to know what he wants.

Glendale

Juniors
I reckon we won't get Blair. Brown doesn't seem confident after their naughty weekend together.
I'd rather have someone who really wants to be part of building the club than someone who doesn't seem to know what he wants.

Tbf Brown has given away nothing about any of our signings, even when the announcements were imminent.

PhilGould

Bench
From what I've heard he doesn't want to leave Brisbane, but if he does we're the most likely destination despite the Warriors offering substantially more money. Remember Brown said he thought Watson was most likely going to the Tigers just days before he was officially announced as coming to the Knights.

Alex28

Coach
Brown is very good at playing his cards close to his chest. Super impressed with the way he spoke on NRL 360, and the way he has played out recruitment this year. No hype, no bidding wars, selling the club on its merits, no dickheads (Hayne).

Latest posts