What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

macavity

Referee
James Graham, he is a natural born leader and would turn the brothers into world class players.

True 2-3 years ago. Age catching up badly.

If dogs need to sell would want Klemmer first, then Woods. And play hard ball.

Honestly wouldn't take Graham now for more than 400k. Going to fall off a cliff real soon.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Same was probably thought about with Slater, maybe a move would help him, and in the end if it doesn't work out, he is only got one year left on his contract.

As i see it, i'd love to get him as he brings a quality that no one else can give us, and that is giving 250% each game, which will give The young boys so much.

Plus i'd love to go hard at Pangai Jnr to replace Graham for the 2019 season.

Pedge1971

First Grade
It's not so much what you want but what's available, not sure I want either as well, not sure either wants us and that would be my priority. Woods is better than most, name me one available prop that's better.

James Graham and Adam Blair. Woods is not a leader and we need leaders. Anyone who is a test prop and says they are switching clubs to play finals when they cannot put their current team in that space is looking for someone else to do the hard work and take the lead.

We dont need or want Woods.

Old dog

Juniors
James Graham and Adam Blair. Woods is not a leader and we need leaders. Anyone who is a test prop and says they are switching clubs to play finals when they cannot put their current team in that space is looking for someone else to do the hard work and take the lead.

We dont need or want Woods.
Understand your point, agree Graham is style/type we want/need but not sure he wants to leave dogs and age/injury worry. Blair is good likely to go to warriors and doubts due to his tigers days but would be happy to have him.
Doesn't matter how good you are you need those around you to perform to win finals, besides Woods will be retired before dogs win g/final.

PhilGould

Bench
NRL clubs have agreed on $9.2m cap plus $200k discretionary spend on veterans and development players. Effectively $9.4m cap for 2018.

Spot On

Coach
For a bloke the size of Woods, I've seen him have a handful of games where he's ripped in and had me thinking he could be a top notch prop.

How that handful equates to near a million a season and continual rep jerseys has me stumped.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Hopefully that extra 200k enables us to hang onto a few of our good kids before they are poached. Bradman Best and a few of the Harold Matts kids come to mind.

Knight76

Juniors
Is the NRL increasing their grant to the clubs by 200k to match? The discretionary spend seems to indicate the NRL is funding the 9.2m and the rich clubs who can, are able to spend that extra 200k on basically anyone, as they will fit under veteran or development.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Is the NRL increasing their grant to the clubs by 200k to match? The discretionary spend seems to indicate the NRL is funding the 9.2m and the rich clubs who can, are able to spend that extra 200k on basically anyone, as they will fit under veteran or development.

I would be pretty surprised to find out clubs couldn't afford to put in an extra 200k into their salary cap.

Caped Crusader

Juniors

Knight76

Juniors
And the cap is 9.2mill, with 200k in discretionary spending. I am assuming the 130% is based on the 9.2 mil, with the 200k outside that.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
If I was Brown I'd hold off on signing Blair. With the way the salary cap is, the Knights might very well be able to sign quality players at a bargain price. To throw 600K plus on Blair would be a big risk as with hindsight, the club might have paid overs on a player, reducing our cap space when there are a bunch of new players coming onto the market.

Last edited:

macavity

Referee
If I was Brown I'd hold off on signing Blair. With the way the salary cap is, the Knights might very well be able to sign quality players at a bargain price. To throw 600K plus on Blair would be a big risk as with hindsight, the club might have paid overs on a player, reducing our cap space when there are a bunch of new players coming onto the market.

600 isnt overs for a rep forward with 3-4 years ahead of him.

Latest posts