What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

macavity

Referee
When you put it like that, I'll take Farah thanks.

Massive gronk but a proven performer who would do wonders for us imo.

Me too.

We have Levi locked up, so I would happily move Clydesdale and Randall on to have Farah for 2 years. Neither are going to win us games.

perverse

Referee
We've spent the past 12 months bitching and moaning about having too many recruits on the wrong side of 30... and the first one that pops up as an option and you all want to suck the bloke off. I don't get you guys at all. Either you want nice things and are willing to put in the long term effort to get them, or not. Looking sideways at Farah at the moment is extremely reactionary. We need to stop being that immediately and trust in our own plan.

Do you guys really think Farah isn't a poisonous influence? That the bloke loves authority, towing the line and being a team player? I'd love to know what you all base it off, because it isn't history - ancient or modern.

I don't think we could afford to move on both Randell and Clydsdale anyway - you need depth and utility in your squad too. f**k that would be a dumb move, to ship them both off for Farah.

Last edited:

Shenry4

Juniors
I would prefer what's in the box, and after that Clydsdale and Randell... after that, every other hooker in the comp... and then Farah. I suspect there are probably better options in QLD cup and SL, too.

It really doesn't matter what the price - and anyone saying Farah would be any different here than he is at the Tigers is speculating at best. The only coach Farah has ever got along with was Tom Shines. He is a destabilising influence, he thinks his shit smells like roses, his teammates don't like him and he's generally either injured or playing origin these days. There's just zero value there, even if he's free. He would cost us long term, even if he came for free.

People keep saying "a player of his calibre" and the such - but have any of you even watched him play the past couple of years? The bloke is in decline big time. I can't believe any of you would consider this given the past few years that we've just been through bring in 30+ers. It's just not worth it - we need to stay the course with our recruitment strategy.

Yeh I don't like his character either and I understand your point.

But saying a hooker in the QLD cup is better than Farah is ridiculous! Show the man some respect even if you don't like him.

His defense, passing ability, brains, leadership and experience are each on a whole new level.

Spot On

Coach
My 2 cents worth:

Would not even entertain the thought of Falloon. Ordinary player.

Farah fit and committed at the right price, prepared to be a team player would obviously be good. Won't happen that way though. Surely history is telling us that.

Love the idea of Tolman coming here, esp with 6 interchanges in the near future. An absolute must for us. Welcome Aiden!

perverse

Referee
Yeh I don't like his character either and I understand your point.

But saying a hooker in the QLD cup is better than Farah is ridiculous! Show the man some respect even if you don't like him.

His defense, passing ability, brains, leadership and experience are each on a whole new level.
I was really just employing some hyperbole to illustrate that Farah is a really poor recruitment option. Having said that - I legitimately believe that even in a vacuum, with all traits ignored besides his performance on field, that he is in the bottom half of NRL hookers in this day and age... and on the decline. You'd have to have Smith, Friend, Luke, McCullough, Granville, Hodgson, Segeyaro and Peats ahead of him at minimum, and you could even start talking about guys like Rein and Lichaa and Ennis too. This is all before you start talking about his personality, his friction with just about every coach he's ever had and the suspicion that even his own teammates don't really like him.

Sure, a fresh start might do him good somewhere. Hell, he might even transform. I don't really believe that he will. If he does, I still don't think he's worth creaming my pants over at the moment. He's an over the hill 30-something with not a lot of upside or juice left in the tank as far as I can see, with too many question marks to bother having a look at him. I think just about every NRL club is in agreement with me, too... I don't see too many suitors lining up to bid on him.

Alex28

Coach
Is Farah going to be able to play 80 minutes over the next 2 seasons? The days of having the luxury of a bench hooker are nearing a close. Levi has shown enough to take a punt on - imagine what he could do under a decent coach!

Shenry4

Juniors
I was really just employing some hyperbole to illustrate that Farah is a really poor recruitment option. Having said that - I legitimately believe that even in a vacuum, with all traits ignored besides his performance on field, that he is in the bottom half of NRL hookers in this day and age... and on the decline. You'd have to have Smith, Friend, Luke, McCullough, Granville, Hodgson, Segeyaro and Peats ahead of him at minimum, and you could even start talking about guys like Rein and Lichaa and Ennis too. This is all before you start talking about his personality, his friction with just about every coach he's ever had and the suspicion that even his own teammates don't really like him.

Sure, a fresh start might do him good somewhere. Hell, he might even transform. I don't really believe that he will. If he does, I still don't think he's worth creaming my pants over at the moment. He's an over the hill 30-something with not a lot of upside or juice left in the tank as far as I can see, with too many question marks to bother having a look at him. I think just about every NRL club is in agreement with me, too... I don't see too many suitors lining up to bid on him.

Well he's a better defender then all of them and better service and brains bar Smith. Plus he's maintained it over a long time. Even if he is on the decline he's coming down from great heights. He would be worlds more valuable than clydsdale next year atleast. And to be honest know one knows the personality of him and levi either. They both could be assholes and terrible for Newcastle culture and you wouldn't know it. Though we signed Levi on for more today so that's a good sign for me but anyway........just cos Farah doesn't have sexy acceleration to seduce you like the YOUNG players mentioned doesn't mean shit. Theres so much more to the game and the NSW selectors are on my side.

Joel-22

Juniors
we don't f**king need Farah.

a combination of Levi and Clydesdale will be just fine. I've been very impressed with Adam since coming back from injury, his service is fantastic and he has a useful kicking game. Levi has an excellent running game and good service. I have no doubt in my mind if we don't win a premiership in 2016-17 it won't be because we didnt sign Robbie the egomaniac Farah.

Tolman is all but ours. We have a capable young side. Korbin is the leader of our pack and will only get better. I wouldn't complain if we signed Ashton but we don't NEED him.
What we NEED is a coach, change in attitude and centre depth.

Shenry4

Juniors
Well we will see how he plays out.

Farah's been good for 8 years but yeh Clydsdale has been good since injury.

Jono078

Referee
I'm 100% with Perverse on this one. Some seem to be rating Farah really high just because he makes the NSW team. I don't think he's that great.

I already would take a Clydsdales/Levi combo over Farah.

Shenry4

Juniors
I just rate players who have shown consistent ability on the park.

Some on here don't like to give credit where its due and base players on a perceived potential instead of where they are at and what is.

Which is a nice optimistic attitude but turns ugly and irks me a few years in when they realise they're not gonna be a great. Also irks me how being a great or playing for NSW means your a decent player and anything else is unacceptable lmfao.

1qaz

Juniors
If the Tigers are willing to contribute at least half of Farah's contract, you take it everyday of the week.
An out of form Farah is still the twice the player Clydsdale will ever be.
In 2 years time Farah can go collect his pension in England.
Hopefully by then Levi is ready to start.
I have said it before, I would get rid of both Adam and Tyler and recruit an experience number 9. Have Levi as the bench utility and Feeney as depth.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I just rate players who have shown consistent ability on the park.

Some on here don't like to give credit where its due and base players on a perceived potential instead of where they are at and what is.

Which is a nice optimistic attitude but turns ugly and irks me a few years in when they realise they're not gonna be a great. Also irks me how being a great or playing for NSW means your a decent player and anything else is unacceptable lmfao.

Judging on current form is more important than what a player has done in past seasons imo

Farah was good, was, but has not put in an elite level performance for the Tigers in some time. He is the best NSW has available but unfortunately that isnt saying much.

perverse

Referee
I reckon if NSW is fair dinkum then Peats will get a look in next year for Origin. They are rarely fair dinkum though.

otori

Juniors
Robbie Farah makes sense for NSW as our hooking options are garbage and our halves have been terrible for too long so his kicking is valued. I don't think he's in the top 10% of players anymore and his continued selection is more an indictment on how poor the young hookers for NSW have performed.

I would rather buy an impact forward and settle the roster. We have a passable guy in Clydsdale and an up and comer in Levi. If Levi wasn't there, I think Farah would be awesome but we simply don't need him. I would rather spend less on a Marty Taupau style bench forward which is something we actually lack.

Latest posts