What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Or that we should play him on the wing in Dom’s spot despite Miller never having played on the wing before. I’m impressed that Miller who’s not a local somehow cultivated his own cult in the space of 6 months
Not that im advocating it, moot point now hes gone too, but Miller played a few games on the wing for Cronulla

Woody90

Juniors
Tbh if we’ve managed to get Miller off the books I’ll happily re-sign Jones. Couldn’t cost us nearly as much as paying Miller FG fullback money to play NSW Cup. Honestly we’ve gotten so lucky with this it’s unbelievable.

Woody90

Juniors
Apparently Miller’s $500,000 salary cap savings is over 2 seasons. Hardly big money.

Better than nothing though considering he’d never play FG. There’s no doubt we’d be footing a bit of his UK contract. Would be helpful to upgrade the likes of Best and Gamble.

My fear is that we’ll use it to throw a bigger contract at Oates and this time next year when he’s injured we’ll be trying to get out of it.

perverse

Referee
Of all the attributes Miller lacks that would make him an unsuitable winger, pace isnt one of them
He's not "outside back" fast. Struggled to catch players and finish tries a few times in his short stint due to his lack of pace. He's fast around tired forwards in the middle, but would be in the bottom tier of outside backs I believe.

aqua_duck

Coach
He's not "outside back" fast. Struggled to catch players and finish tries a few times in his short stint due to his lack of pace. He's fast around tired forwards in the middle, but would be in the bottom tier of outside backs I believe.
Miller has good acceleration but lacks actual speed. The game against the titans when he kicked the ball straight to David Fifita and Fifita ran 80m to score, he gave Fifita a 3m head start and Fifita actually ran away from him. Ponga literally came from the other side of the field and ran straight past Miller to attempt a tackle on Fifita right on the try line.

Latest posts