What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Ok let’s flog him against the top 2 sides and against one of the hardest road trips in the game.........what could go wrong .....
You don't think he will get a shitload out of playing 80mins against the greatest dummy half in the history of the game??? Yeah lets wrap him up on cotton wool so we can watch Will Smith show us all his skills....... FMD, he's 20. He should be jumping out of his skin to play as much as he can.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
You don't think he will get a shitload out of playing 80mins against the greatest dummy half in the history of the game??? Yeah lets wrap him up on cotton wool so we can watch Will Smith show us all his skills....... FMD, he's 20. He should be jumping out of his skin to play as much as he can.

Of course he is going to push himself, he is 20 full of energy, and he has a great skill set!!

I am not saying wrapping him in Cotten wool but he hasn’t fully developed physically yet, additionally it’s mentally tough playing NRL, so let’s just be careful this year especially if he is going to be our no 1 hooker next year!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Of course he is going to push himself, he is 20 full of energy, and he has a great skill set!!

I am not saying wrapping him in Cotten wool but he hasn’t fully developed physically yet, additionally it’s mentally tough playing NRL, so let’s just be careful this year especially if he is going to be our no 1 hooker next year!
There is 3 games to go FFS!!! It's not like he's played the full season.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I reckon the talk of Mahoney/Smith selections dependant on top 30 restrictions is spot on. Smith got limited minutes in the 9 and BA actually bought Mahoney back on when the game was won. I really think BA would like to play Mahoney 80.

It would be an odd tactic if true. But given his injuries this year, and our form, I wonder if we're either stalling on offering him a new contract or have made an offer but he doesn't think it's enough. And with his recent form, any offer around his last one would be unders. Still hope imo, as I would like him to stay.

yeah that's my take on it as well
i think we have made an offer but he's hoping for more money or another offer from elsewhere

T.S Quint

Coach
As much as I hate seeing Will Smith out there, I'm just not sure if having Mahoney out there for the full 80 in every match is the right way to go just yet.
He has handled himself fantastically so far, and has put in long minutes (I believe he played 78 minutes a few weeks ago when Pritchard got injured, right?), League is a physical game and he is 20 years old. Only just starting out.
If the coaching staff think he's ok to play full games then I will go with them, but it seems that at the moment they don't think so.

IFR33K

Coach
What’s the status of vave? He still looks a little overweight but he’s playing decent footy. I wouldn’t mind if he re-signs with us

As much as I hate seeing Will Smith out there, I'm just not sure if having Mahoney out there for the full 80 in every match is the right way to go just yet.
He has handled himself fantastically so far, and has put in long minutes (I believe he played 78 minutes a few weeks ago when Pritchard got injured, right?), League is a physical game and he is 20 years old. Only just starting out.
If the coaching staff think he's ok to play full games then I will go with them, but it seems that at the moment they don't think so.

i think play it by ear and if he is starting to tire give him a rest
after a big game give him a week off

Happy MEel

First Grade
What’s the status of vave? He still looks a little overweight but he’s playing decent footy. I wouldn’t mind if he re-signs with us
Agreed. He’s a good like-for-like replacement if Junior goes down next year. I’m sure he could earn a decent contract elsewhere though.

T.S Quint

Coach
i think play it by ear and if he is starting to tire give him a rest
after a big game give him a week off

I'm good with the playing it by ear part, but if the result is having to give him a week off at some stage where we will be with an inferior hooker for an entire match, I think I would rather the alternative of just giving him a 15-20 minute rest during each game.

jk13

First Grade
Bring more younguns in I say, f**k the nrl roolz. There just seemed to b more movement off the ball and support play.

Bring more younguns in I say, f**k the nrl roolz. There just seemed to b more movement off the ball and support play.

the rule seems to reward mediocrity by taking away a coach's right to drop an underperforming player to reserve grade

can you imagine if this rule was in place when sandow was playing for us? *shudder*

Gronk

Staff member
the rule seems to reward mediocrity by taking away a coach's right to drop an underperforming player to reserve grade

can you imagine if this rule was in place when sandow was playing for us? *shudder*

The rule was designed to stop the rich clubs from warehousing players. Fair enough, but when you get some desk jockey at the NRL telling you that you have to play some washed up old fart instead of letting a kid debut - how is this good for the game ?

The rule was designed to stop the rich clubs from warehousing players. Fair enough, but when you get some desk jockey at the NRL telling you that you have to play some washed up old fart instead of letting a kid debut - how is this good for the game ?

somebody tweak the rule they have to do something

jk13

First Grade
U need a modified nfl rule where u can swap players in and out of the roster. Where it’s injury or form. Maybe if they’re swapped out because of form, u can only hold onto them for 1 month before other teams can ask for a trade?

Glenneel

Bench
The parrapodcast lads reckon that Smith had to be there otherwise they could not play Reedy.
Heard a rumour that Parra tried to get approval to play Oregon Kaufusi last nite so apparently couldn't get it. He will be in top 30 next year for sure and from all reports a good player.
Now the Broncos, Staggs and Fifita who played Thursday and their big bopper who got injured early in the year, are they in their top 30? If not they seem to have no impediments to play whomever they want.

Glenneel

Bench
It would be an odd tactic if true. But given his injuries this year, and our form, I wonder if we're either stalling on offering him a new contract or have made an offer but he doesn't think it's enough. And with his recent form, any offer around his last one would be unders. Still hope imo, as I would like him to stay.
I'd offer him $400k take it or leave it. He is still only game away from an injury and that money is still a substantial amount.

Latest posts