What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Well there was. There was a top 25 and then you could use 5(?) second tier contracts. So 30 (I think) in total. And just like the current system you had to apply to the NRL if you wanted to use anyone extra - for the exact reason of not allowing rich clubs to stockpile talent.

Don’t think you had to apply as there was a second tier cap. When you used that cap then you had to apply.

Also the top 25 was only the highest 25 paid players.

TheRam

Coach
Just the whole I'll-see-how-I-feel-after-the-season thing. The longer he waits the less money is available. So I highly doubt he's actually going to wait.

If you think that you have cracked the Hayne mind puzzle, you are kidding yourself. Even if he does go, it would mean nothing in regards to your supposed insight. It is a 50/50 bet ffs. Does he stay or does he go?

Hmmm, lets see, I'll put 10 bucks on black. No wait make that on red. Ridiculous Pou as most of you musings.

TheRam

Coach
I'd offer him $400k take it or leave it. He is still only game away from an injury and that money is still a substantial amount.

Hayne should be made a priority. Smacks of losing Semi all over again. Sure we have signed Furguson, but one step forward, one step back stuff. We could not sign a better player in the world for around $500k and he loves the club. We are mad if we don't make it clear to him how much we love him to stay.

Yes I know if he wants a million bucks, he can go. Goes without saying. But something tells me that money hasn't been a major factor for him in quite a while. Lets not forget, he is already worth millions and he hasn't won a premiership yet. That really is his last and greatest frontier.

TheRam

Coach
This is just not true.

#fakenews

A player that makes an average 85.1m, 31 tackles and 89.5 tackle efficiency a game this season is a plodder in my opinion. Especially when those 85.1m in attack are mostly uninspiring hitups that hurt no one.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
If you think that you have cracked the Hayne mind puzzle, you are kidding yourself. Even if he does go, it would mean nothing in regards to your supposed insight. It is a 50/50 bet ffs. Does he stay or does he go?

Hmmm, lets see, I'll put 10 bucks on black. No wait make that on red. Ridiculous Pou as most of you musings.
Don’t be a dickhead.

Chipmunk

Coach
But then you have clubs like the Roosters stock piling talent FFS

9 of these 15 blokes below are in the Roosters Top 30. None of them would be considered established NRL players. I don't see the Roosters stock piling talented current NRL players in their Top 30.

Reuben Porter
Poasa Faamauili
Joshua Curran
Brock Gray
Matt Ikuvalu
Brendan Frei
Billy Smith
Bernard Lewis
Lachlan Lam
Paul Momirovski
Sean O'Sullivan
Lindsay Collins
Nat Butcher
Sitili Tupouniua
Eloni Vunakece

Gronk

Staff member
A player that makes an average 85.1m, 31 tackles and 89.5 tackle efficiency a game this season is a plodder in my opinion. Especially when those 85.1m in attack are mostly uninspiring hitups that hurt no one.

Well Brad Fittler continually describes him as one of the best young back rowers in the game. Now who knows more about footy, you or Freddy ? :thinking:

TheRam

Coach
Well Brad Fittler continually describes him as one of the best young back rowers in the game. Now who knows more about footy, you or Freddy ? :thinking:

Sure a lot of commentator rate him, but they aren't Parra people and go on size and reputation alone. Have you noticed that virtually no one says anything about him for weeks on end and then he does something in attack like gets put trough a hole or actually breaks the line himself and then all the back slappers come out and praise him like he has been doing it all the time and is some young superstar of the game.

If Fitler was really that impressed by him, then how come there was not one mention of him during the SOO series selection process when the media and all the SOO coaches and selectors were tossing up a bazillion possible names ffs? Not once did I hear his name be mentioned. Oversight, I doubt it.

Like I said, PLODDER!

Gronk

Staff member
Comparing Niakuore too Tepai do you see a big difference? I see to guys very simmilar performance wise. Tepai perhaps hits harder in D while Niakuore charges are more powerfull

If Nukore ends up an elite backrower (which I think he may) does not mean that Tepai is a plodder.

hindy111

Post Whore
I have been watching Tepai for a while. I reckon he is type of guy that is still slowly improving. His problem is involvment. He is still 22 and I wouldn't dismiss him yet as he is still NRL quality. Just not elite yet.

24 is the age I see Tepai being his complete package at which point he may or may not be an origin player. He will however give 6 or 7 years at that level which wont be far off origin level as he continues to improve slowly. His problem was he come into NRL 2 yrs too early maybe 3 even. He shouldn't of come in untill 2016 at 20yld. He was never ready. Physicaly he is only getting his muscle tone now.
Niaukore is same age and got to hide in lesser grades while this happend.

hindy111

Post Whore
If Nukore ends up an elite backrower (which I think he may) does not mean that Tepai is a plodder.

I never said he was. Tepai however is being paid from reports a lot more then output currently but that is the clubs fault for bringing him in too early.
Niakuore had time for his body to develop before he had to prove what had. Tepai was rushed in.

I also think we should make a play for Bryce Cartwright. Would be cheap and BA would develop his game. Another young guy given to much pressure too young.

TheRam

Coach
Lol some commentators. Freddy, who you were saying at the beginning of the week should be our coach.

I rate Freddy, but doesn't mean I agree with everything anyone says. But great to see you cherry pick what I wrote, which in isolation may be twisted and used to make a false argument.

I'm sure if he were to watch Parra games week in week out he would come to the conclusion that he isn't a reps arsehole, but a solid first grader that also in the plodder class.

TheRam

Coach
Comparing Niakuore too Tepai do you see a big difference? I see to guys very simmilar performance wise. Tepai perhaps hits harder in D while Niakuore charges are more powerfull

From what I have seen of Niakuore so far, he seems to be developing into a better player then Moeroa. Early days though, we will know more this time next year.

Latest posts