What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Personally I think Guthersons best position is centre. He doesn’t have the playmaking skills required of a fullback.

French is just shit.

French hasn't had a full season without injury. He will be 23 next season. His body should fill out a little and then we can see how he goes.
He is not a winger. He hasn't had 15 games straight at fullback or behind a decent pack.
Give him one more shot.

hindy111

Post Whore
So we have not one player in aus or nz side including under 20s Today?
I thought 4 or 5 guys where picked for NZ under 20s.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Like your optimism about those two but think you're at least a year early. Brown may make it at 18 or 19 but Salmon has not shown anything of promise yet, but you never know what can happen in the off season.

There's no doubt that both Norman and Moses are better individually than Salmon and Brown but when it comes to ethic, attitude and room to grow the latter would be the options to go for.

Ideally for me the halves in round 1 would be Norman and Brown.

hindy111

Post Whore
There's no doubt that both Norman and Moses are better individually than Salmon and Brown but when it comes to ethic, attitude and room to grow the latter would be the options to go for.

Ideally for me the halves in round 1 would be Norman and Brown.

How old would Brown be come nrd 1?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
anyone see the greatest try ever scored by the junior Kiwis ? that was some kick

some of these juniors are gonna be big boys when they grow up

half time Aussies 24-16 on Fox footy

Stagger eel

Staff member
2 years ago Sio would've been a good buy as he would've covered a spot while our young ones were coming through, now probably not. If the backs I expect to be picked in first grade get picked that leaves us: Parry, Dunster, Sivo, GL, Hoffman, French to be picked in the backline at Wenty as well as potentially Fonua, Afualo and NAukafolau.

And yeah he's better than all of those players now, a few of them will be better than him next year and the year after. If we're serious about being a development club
Barry Toohey at the Newcastle Herald is reporting that:

Mick Potter is now coaching development at Parra in charge of transitioning juniors to first grade; and that Newcastle are willing to let Danny Levi go to either us or Penrith.

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/...hts-still-have-22-million-to-splurge/?cs=7580

I think Barry Toohey is wrong...

Unless I’m mistaken potter as assistant coach and Grima is coaching development.... well that’s what I’m lead to believe anyway

emjaycee

Coach
I think Barry Toohey is wrong...

Unless I’m mistaken potter as assistant coach and Grima is coaching development.... well that’s what I’m lead to believe anyway
But, but, hang on...
BA doesn't hire people with more experience than him because he is too insecure about his own future.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I did hear that the back ended deals were from the Spags/Seward final year and fall off after 2019, maybe that is part of the reason why a couple of senior players are being offered around.
FFS stop trying to find a scapegoat for soemthing every club does. Back ended contracts are used to fit more talent under a tight cap in the short term. It's how Hasler made five grand finals for two wins. It's probably how we built a premiership window between '05 and '09.

And Spagnolo hasn't been at the club since 2013. None of our current contracts were negotiated five years ago.