What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Mario chalmers

Juniors

NSW club eyeing Cowboys’ rising star​

A two-year deal is understood to be tabled to the 18-year-old.​

MITCH KEATING
EDITOR
DECEMBER 1, 2021 - 2:56PM
https://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=https://www.zerotackle.com/nsw-club-eyeing-cowboys-rising-star-112346/
https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=NSW+club+eyeing+Cowboys’+rising+star&url=https://www.zerotackle.com/nsw-club-eyeing-cowboys-rising-star-112346/&via=zerotackle
https://api.whatsapp.com/send?text=NSW+club+eyeing+Cowboys’+rising+star https://www.zerotackle.com/nsw-club-eyeing-cowboys-rising-star-112346/
https://www.zerotackle.com/nsw-club...112346/?utm_source=onesignal&utm_medium=push#

GettyImages-1334067559-696x485.jpg
TOWNSVILLE, AUSTRALIA - AUGUST 14: Jeremiah Nanai of the Cowboys scores a try during the round 22 NRL match between the North Queensland Cowboys and the Wests Tigers at QCB Stadium, on August 14, 2021, in Townsville, Australia. (Photo by Ian Hitchcock/Getty Images)

The Tigers reportedly have their sights on emerging Cowboys forward Jeremiah Nanai for 2023, with a two-year deal understood to be tabled to the North Queensland teenager.
The venture club's interest comes as the Cowboys continue their press to sign Tigers lock Luciano Leilua on an immediate release, with the 25-year-old already set to make the move to Townsville at the end of next year.
The Cowboys had reportedly placed hooker Reece Robson as a potential asset in their negotiations with the Tigers to fast-track Leilua's transition north, with Michael Maguire and Tim Sheens standing firm in retaining their gun forward until the end of his current contract.
The Tigers are now looking to the future to succeed Leilua from 2023, evening casting their attention to North Queensland's youthful back-rower stocks.

According to Fox Sports' James Hooper, the Tigers have tabled a two-year offer to Nanai worth $600,000 in a move to "hit back" at the Cowboys' advances.
Should Nanai agree to the Tigers' terms, Maguire and Sheens may then look to rekindle negotiations with North Queensland as part of a potential straight swap prior to the 2022 season.
Nanai is touted as one of the NRL's most exciting young forward talents, impressing in his four appearances for the Cowboys late into this season.

The New Zealand-born second-rower scored a try in his debut - which coincidentally came against the Tigers - and averaged 78 running metres per match.
For anyone interested in the two Cowboys forwards that we asked for in exchange for LL

Luki - managed by Isaac Moses (as per Cove Agency instagram)
Nanai - managed by Sam Ayoub (as per Ultra Management website)

If one of them does come down in exchange for LL you would think Nanai is the more likely given we have a lot of Ayoub clients already at the club.
Luki is being shopped to Newcastle (where Adam O'Brien is a client of Moses also). Moses gets most of his player clients to play for his coach clients.

Hope that is blocked soon because there is a serious conflict of interest if managers can look after players and coaches. Its gone on for years mind you

Trollhammaren

Juniors
For anyone interested in the two Cowboys forwards that we asked for in exchange for LL

Luki - managed by Isaac Moses (as per Cove Agency instagram)
Nanai - managed by Sam Ayoub (as per Ultra Management website)

If one of them does come down in exchange for LL you would think Nanai is the more likely given we have a lot of Ayoub clients already at the club.
Luki is being shopped to Newcastle (where Adam O'Brien is a client of Moses also). Moses gets most of his player clients to play for his coach clients.

Hope that is blocked soon because there is a serious conflict of interest if managers can look after players and coaches. Its gone on for years mind you

How can I Moses still be operating when he was deregistered by the NRL?

Mmmm.

But maybe the point is a good one.

Would a player/coach agent recommend a contract that was not in his clients best interest for other reasons?

Luke Lewis has said player agents were unnecessary.

Mario chalmers

Juniors

You are right in principal but in practice enforcing the ban against Moses is extremely difficult to enforce.

If you accessed Moses phone records then I would bet my last dollar he is calling players daily. If the NRL pressed him on that he can just say "I was calling player X about a golf game. No harm in that."

The NRL says they are getting serious about cracking down on grubby agents but they cant really do anything until the collective bargaining agreement is re-negotiated at the end of 2022.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Signing suggestion - Denny Solomona

Kiwi, Formerly with the Melb Storm.
Went to ESL and killed it for Castleford
Converted to Union and ended up playing for England and was a star in their local comp

Recently packed up mid contract and returned to NZ. No word on where he is playing next
I would rather we take a punt on someone like this guy if the only alternative is James Roberts who in my eyes
- doesnt add a lot of leadership (which we need)
- won't ever reach the heights of Origin again (well passed his best)

I saw on his instagram he has joined a management company that Blayke Ashyford is working for. mostly kiw rugby union guys mind you which is a sign he will stay in NZ

Vic Mackey

Referee
Signing suggestion - Denny Solomona

Kiwi, Formerly with the Melb Storm.
Went to ESL and killed it for Castleford
Converted to Union and ended up playing for England and was a star in their local comp

Recently packed up mid contract and returned to NZ. No word on where he is playing next
I would rather we take a punt on someone like this guy if the only alternative is James Roberts who in my eyes
- doesnt add a lot of leadership (which we need)
- won't ever reach the heights of Origin again (well passed his best)

I saw on his instagram he has joined a management company that Blayke Ashyford is working for. mostly kiw rugby union guys mind you which is a sign he will stay in NZ

werent we linked to him a couple of years ago before he went to union?

Vic Mackey

Referee
Man the Eels are a train wreck ATM. Just lost Oregon Kaufusi, remember he was the one all their fans were saying was better then Stefano 😂 Now that he's gone they are saying he's shit and some guy theyve signed who couldnt make the Dogs team last year is better 😂😂

BrotherJim05

Bench
Brooks isn't going to leave. Maybe for 2023 but definitely not this year. Even if Doeuihi wasn't injured I don't see us putting all our faith in Hastings who realistically is unproven at NRL level.

I'd be asking Newcastle to put up Frizell for a trade, or otherwise stfu

Fordy20

Juniors
This $650k offer isn’t to us as a club, this is a message from the Knoughts to Isaac Moses indicating their opening offer.

gordsy

Juniors
Heard Simona got hammered in his boxing farce. Good. Hope it happens again to him.
The nrl should mark his cards never to be registered again.

WA Tiger

Bench
I just saw this old news (from Saturday apparently)

It seems that it, the talk, just won't go away.
If Brooks goes its not that we will lose him for the time AD is out . More importantly he’s not here ever again and we have time and $ between now and the end of ‘ 23 to buy better - although it won’t take that long to replace him. Everyone’s saying 22 is going to be a right off anyway so no big deal.
This “we love Brooks” thing is going too far for our own good . This is a golden opportunity for us. I reckon/hope Brooks will jump at it.

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
So we just write off an entire season because we can get rid of Brooks and save some money ?
What a defeative attitude . We havnt even spent our cap again for next year because we cant attract players yet you feel we can sacrifice getting the spoon in 2022 and expect players to gleefully join the club for this mythical 2023 season when all this magic will happen

Latest posts