What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other games 2024

WestyLife

First Grade
Referee will be dropped by annesley for that dumb decision l, if any player isnt tackled mid air after they've caught the ball, they are always going to score when they land

Irrelevant. They don't give them for that as the ref said.

Munky

Coach
Shame for Nicho and co that it is raining at Shark Park.

A little colder with a bit of snow and he'd be in his element.

Dragons may yet derp it up.

age.s

First Grade
Warriors seem a bit off this year.
Most of their performances are underwhelming.
Theres a bit of juice missing in the spine. Johnson is organising ok but has lost a touch of spark. TMM isn't it. CNK is awesome but more of an Edwards than a Walsh. Egan is ok but not enough to carry the rest of the attack.

Fish might have his work cut out for him.

murraymob

Coach
There have been a few teams over the last few years who have had great one off seasons .Parramatta cowboys warriors to struggle the next season

Munky

Coach
Theres a bit of juice missing in the spine. Johnson is organising ok but has lost a touch of spark. TMM isn't it. CNK is awesome but more of an Edwards than a Walsh. Egan is ok but not enough to carry the rest of the attack.

Fish might have his work cut out for him.

TMM offers less than zero and always has to be honest.

Owes Michael Morgan fifty percent of his game cheques given how hard he carried him in that 2017 run.

Last edited:

murraymob

Coach
Any wonder the dragons are struggling the simple things not done jack birds jersey for his 150 games on the front reads sharks v dargons not dragons you would think someone in the club picks that up

age.s

First Grade
TMM offers less than zero and always has to be honest.

Owes Michael Morgan fifty of his hand cheques given how hard he carried him in that 2017 run.
I wonder if they'd benefit from RTS to 6. They don't need a kicker and while RTS looks good in patches he could be in the game a lot more. Not sure if any of his Rugby experience would translate to 6, but they need something more in the halves for sure.

Bred not Bought

Juniors
The Warriors weren't too bad the first couple of games. Then Metcalf went down injured.
Now the whole attack is either, SJ dominated go right for DWZ, or a shortball to AFB under the posts.
RTS is underutilised

Kilkenny

Coach
The Warriors enjoyed a great 2023, it was always going to be difficult to back it up, particularly when there roster does have gaps in it and a number of other sides have improved this season.

The Warriors enjoyed a great 2023, it was always going to be difficult to back it up, particularly when there roster does have gaps in it and a number of other sides have improved this season.
It’s an interesting question Kilkenny. Which teams have gone forward or backwards this year.

I would suggest forwards:
- Manly (Brooks has made a difference with his directness, healthy roster)
- Dolphins (good recruiting)
- Sharks (team gelling well)
- Dogs (good recruiting, team gelling and better forward play)
- St George (nowhere else to go but up)
- Titans (building resilience)

Backwards:
- Us (we look clunky and missing a little class)
- Broncos (lost some class and Reynolds has been unlucky with injuries/injury prone)
- Parra (ageing roster and they have shown how reliant they are on Moses)
- Warriors (they seem to be playing slower and less direct than last year)
- Newcastle (I honestly think this is a coaching issue, what is he doing with their halves)
- Souths (yuk)

Unsure
- Melbourne (can’t put my finger in it, but I can’t work out how they are winning)
- Roosters (sooo undisciplined, but need to sort it out pronto as their window slams shut this year)
- Cows (I picked them for top 4 at the start of the season. Is it coaching with them also)
- Canberra (could go very well or very wrong. I think the latter over the course of a long season).
- West Tigers (your guess is a good as mine; I want to be positive, but am not convinced).

Kilkenny

Coach
It’s an interesting question Kilkenny. Which teams have gone forward or backwards this year.

I would suggest forwards:
- Manly (Brooks has made a difference with his directness, healthy roster)
- Dolphins (good recruiting)
- Sharks (team gelling well)
- Dogs (good recruiting, team gelling and better forward play)
- St George (nowhere else to go but up)
- Titans (building resilience)

Backwards:
- Us (we look clunky and missing a little class)
- Broncos (lost some class and Reynolds has been unlucky with injuries/injury prone)
- Parra (ageing roster and they have shown how reliant they are on Moses)
- Warriors (they seem to be playing slower and less direct than last year)
- Newcastle (I honestly think this is a coaching issue, what is he doing with their halves)
- Souths (yuk)

Unsure
- Melbourne (can’t put my finger in it, but I can’t work out how they are winning)
- Roosters (sooo undisciplined, but need to sort it out pronto as their window slams shut this year)
- Cows (I picked them for top 4 at the start of the season. Is it coaching with them also)
- Canberra (could go very well or very wrong. I think the latter over the course of a long season).
- West Tigers (your guess is a good as mine; I want to be positive, but am not convinced).
We are up to Round 10, a third of the season or so, it’s still early days, it really is all about putting yourself in a position to make the top 8 and ideally in the top 4.

In respect of us, I personally think we have done extraordinarily well to be where we are at this point if the season.

Some aren’t happy, questioning individuals, I’m not in that camp to be 6-2, tough draw, few key injuries to go with the loss of Crichton, Lenui and others I think we are going better than expected. Sure there are some issues, but that is to be expected, things to work on sure, but if we can win our next two winnable games we’re going to be top two.

age.s

First Grade
Interesting idea. My take (in no particular order):

Forward
Manly
Dogs
Tigers (definitely more resilient this year, still a ways off though)
Dolphins
Roosters
Canberra (would be top 4 if not for injuries)

Same
Us (pretty much exactly where we were at this time last year)
Melbourne
Sharks (they were great vs bottom 8 teams last year too)
Dragons (have always been good in bursts but often find a way to lose)
Titans (ditto)
Newcastle (exactly where they were this time last year)
Cows (they were up and down last year too)

Back
Warriors (still look good but making a habit of losing instead of last years winning)
Broncos (only partially injury related)
Souffs (lol@)
Parra (as above)

Latest posts