What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russell Packer

Emu01

Juniors
I heard a Tiger fan on 2ky radio this morning ring in to say he believes Tigers will sign Packer.

I think we should try our best to keep him. He really gets us going forward.

I'd rather lose Mann to the Tigers than Packer.

Saintsified

Bench
I heard a Wanderers fan call into Better Homes and Gardens to say that he believes Roger Federer will signed for the New England Patriots.

Must be true.

mobels

Juniors
I heard a Wanderers fan call into Better Homes and Gardens to say that he believes Roger Federer will signed for the New England Patriots.

Must be true.
Packer has even come out saying that he wants to stay at the Dragons if we give him a reasonable offer. Nothing to worry about him leaving.

Life's Good

Coach
I am in the 'he's staying camp'. Think about it. The bloke has been through a great deal (of his own making, which, to his credit he has accepted), his family has been through the same. Since he came to the club(late 2014??)he has set about rebuilding his life, getting his family settled so the last thing he would want would be to uproot & start all over again.

RP will repay the faith that was given to him in turning his life around & will be rewarded for that as well.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Well, I heard from a dude named Russell (not Packer) that both Dragons and Tigers will miss out and Packer will be competing in the US Masters next year.

Bench
Someone on Facebook said Packer had signed with us and will be announced today. There is that one down the drain.
Deep down I think he will stay

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I heard that Russ in the long lost child child of Kerry and will inherit millions. He will leave the Dragons playing group only to return and buy the club and change the name to Kogarah Bay Packers and we will all need to buy new hats with cheese on them.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
He wants to stay. Dragons gave him the opportunity to resume his career and his family is settled in Wollongong.

Once the Dugan contract is sorted either way the Dragons will then move on to Packer.

Emu01

Juniors
I heard a Wanderers fan call into Better Homes and Gardens to say that he believes Roger Federer will sign for the New England Patriots.

Must be true.

Ok don't shoot the messenger. I'm only reporting what's out there on the grapevine, newspapers,radio.

Ivan Clearly did coach him at the warriors.

Like I said I want him to stay. They can have Mann instead.

blacksafake

First Grade
Have been reliably informed the tigers have made a good offer & they are hoping his friendship with Matulino plays some roll in his signing as well as getting on well with Cleary.My gut feeling is he'll stay.

mickeylane

Bench
We will be forced like WIDDOP to up our offer due to a rivals formal offer - bad news is that we will be paying slightly a little more than expected... I still think DUGAN will end up at Titans or Tigers

possm

Coach
Millward has it all under control. He has said Dugan is a centre and because of this Dugan's offer is 750k. So if Dugan accepts this offer, Millward's planned offer to Packer, and Lafai all works out from his point of view.

Problem is that others in the market are offering more for Packer and Lafai and Dugan considers himself a fullback at 1m rather than a centre at 750K

Millward should never had mentioned the centre thing and I'm sure he realizes this now. A player should just be offered a contract without any reference to the position on the field he might/might not play. The players value is either the market value or the value in the eyes of a club thinks he is worth.

Millward must be confident of retaining Dugan at close to the original price he offered him. The problem is the longer this negotiation process goes on the less chance we have of securing other players still unsigned for 2018.

So which players are the Dragons priority signings in order of priority. My suggestion is:
Packer - 350k given that Vaughan is on 550k
Lafai - 350k given that Gagai is on 550k
Dugan - 750k - 850k given that Tedesco was recently signed for 700k

mickeylane

Bench
I'd be surprised that if DUGAN walks Dragons don't put a bid in for Souths Alex Johnston
22yo
Fullback
Ball player
No more than $700k a season

Wobbygong

First Grade
Have been reliably informed the tigers have made a good offer & they are hoping his friendship with Matulino plays some roll in his signing as well as getting on well with Cleary.My gut feeling is he'll stay.

"reliably informed" from the newspaper article stating that lol