What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Griffin

Walpole

Juniors
For a club that gave Paul McGregor 7 years, I don't think it's too much to ask that Griffin should at least get 2. I don't agree with everything he's done but with the likes of Sloan, Amone, Sullivan and the Feagai's there's the makings of an excellent backline and Su'a and Molo look to be good buys in the forwards. I have better hopes for next season but hey, if we're rubbish again, off with his head!

Trifili13

Juniors
Manu would want $1m to come given that there will be a bidding war with the Warriors. He's good but not that sort of money for me. He's not in Tedesco or Tommy Turbo's class who win games for you.

He would be the face of rugby league in NZ and all the other benefits/personal sponsorships he would earn. Not coming to the Dragon's IMO unless the Gordon's have him also doing the weather on WIN TV for $500k a season.

Vinnie

Juniors
Im not really sold on Suli either i just don't see him as a consistent player I feel i would rather invest in the feagai's / Ramsey (if they see him as a centre or any other junior coming throught ! Actually i would rather play Mbye in the centres than invest $550,000 a season on Suli who just doesn't have enough consistency

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If only Griffin had the balls to speak up about the rubbish biased treatment the refs and Bunker are showing towards our team like Robbo did tonight after the Souths game.

Crush

Coach
Griffin deserves next season to make the eight. NRL is a results driven job for coaches. Players can get away with poor results and still forge out a career, look at Corey Norman for example.
But not coaches. He’ll need to make finals next year IMO.
I really hope Hook isn’t extended next year in May when we do our usual and take out the May premiership.

BLM01

First Grade
If only Griffin had the balls to speak up about the rubbish biased treatment the refs and Bunker are showing towards our team like Robbo did tonight after the Souths game.
Unfortunately I don’t think Hook has the
same salary nor a rich owner that would pay the fine after Nick likely said “Robbo go to town on those pr....s., I’ll cover your fine”

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
same salary nor a rich owner that would pay the fine after Nick likely said “Robbo go to town on those pr....s., I’ll cover your fine”
Robbo had better get a fine, any other coach would if they give them a spray like that. Especially acting as though it was a problems specifically to the Rorters. All teams have had bad calls this season, every single one.

BBTB

Juniors
Come Gordon's back us up,
Spend some of those "billions ".What happened to all those "big ideas" you put
Forward to Todd Greenberg.
Before you where aloud to buy into the Dragons. Haven't spent a cent since......"Win corporation" what a bunch of duds.....😡

BLM01

First Grade
Robbo had better get a fine, any other coach would if they give them a spray like that. Especially acting as though it was a problems specifically to the Rorters. All teams have had bad calls this season, every single one.
I reckon Robbo should be suspended from coaching for the rest of the year and be made to be the bunker ref. Personal attack on Henry. like him or hate him it was over the top.
What about the refs, they saw it.

thebigredv

First Grade
The search for a coach in 2023 will surely have to begin now.

Give Griffin a direct instruction to foster the youth on display today for a full year.

When Payten in his first full year can come in and get a response like that in the first 15 min of the second half you just know we haven't been coached sufficiently. No matter the deficiencies of the weak players at his disposable, that right there was still a very winnable match. Only a very special team could lose that one.

We need a coach and a set of players that can give 80 minutes. The Sullivan spell was unnecessary and all on the coach. It indirectly set up the 4 try onslaught that lost the team the match. too slow to get Sloan back in the team. Too dimwitted to persist with Norman and just too impotent to get his players to respect the football and their privileged position in a once proud club.

Tim.butler

Juniors
The search for a coach in 2023 will surely have to begin now.

Give Griffin a direct instruction to foster the youth on display today for a full year.

When Payten in his first full year can come in and get a response like that in the first 15 min of the second half you just know we haven't been coached sufficiently. No matter the deficiencies of the weak players at his disposable, that right there was still a very winnable match. Only a very special team could lose that one.

We need a coach and a set of players that can give 80 minutes. The Sullivan spell was unnecessary and all on the coach. It indirectly set up the 4 try onslaught that lost the team the match. too slow to get Sloan back in the team. Too dimwitted to persist with Norman and just too impotent to get his players to respect the football and their privileged position in a once proud club.
Gee I want so much to believe Hook and Co can develop some heart and grit in our team but that looks more questionable as each game goes by.
Personally I would be sounding out Brad Fittler for 2023. He has matured significantly since his last first grade coaching gig and now brings a true change of mindset.

thebigredv

First Grade
Gee I want so much to believe Hook and Co can develop some heart and grit in our team but that looks more questionable as each game goes by.
Personally I would be sounding out Brad Fittler for 2023. He has matured significantly since his last first grade coaching gig and now brings a true change of mindset.
Brad Fittler would bring players and he will be an influential coach. Comes across very unitelligent as a presenter but not when positioned as a coach.

Great suggestion. We need to be open minded about this.

Did Mcgregors dragons ever lose 7 in a row?

Methinks not.

And with the Rabbitohs next week, could be chalking up #8.

Different does not necessarily mean better. And there’s no excuses.

next season demands enormous improvement otherwise that’s gotta be it for Griffin.
Nah - Mary's record was 5 in a row - though losing 38-0 to the Dogs at Jubilee was his lowest ebb for me.
Hook is the record holder. The "old-school disciplinarian" who has been in at the helm during our most rudderless and erratic season ever. Ever since round 5, we have served up near-unwatchable, amateur hour sh!te week in, week out. Calling it a Reserve Grade quality side is an insult to anyone who ever played reserve grade. Robert Stone, in fact, spent a fair chunk of his career playing in Reserve Grade. And he wasn't rubbish. He was a f#cking legend who put his soul into this club. Which is a lot more than any of this current crop of pea-hearts would ever do.