What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

GC Dragon

Juniors
Possm,
Tony Smith - 16 years (longest ever) coaching in the SL, has become a British citizen, and signed to end of their 2018 season whenever that is.
Doubt it very much, but who knows?
Why are we even talking about him?
His brothet's a Prick.
Tony Smith did a interview around 6 months ago where he said there is no chance he would be moving back to Australia to coach . As you say he is a British Citizen now and is believed to be the highest payed ESL coach . He said something along the lines of they couldn't pay him enough to come back here to coach . He also said NRL clubs had talked to him but he made it known he has no interest .

With all the coaches mentioned that people would like to coach the Dragons the fact is the club isn't looking for a coach . If we make the 8 this year I expect Mary to get another 2 years extension

possm

Coach
If it were left up to the old boys, they would be extending Mary's contract this week. They don't want any change in coach. All are happy with their snouts in the troth.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I dont blame Bennett either, it was that fat ass pig Nathan Tinkler that f**king promised the world and delivered shit,not paying the bills, Bennett will always be almongst the greatest coaches of all time, I would have him back at th Dragons any day of the werk.

Bennett left one of his previous clubs
Almost feel sorry for Brown. Bennett left that place in such a mess. He went all out with the back-ended contracts in order to get that bonus, failed and then jumped ship before the back-ended contracts became a problem.

Bennett left one of his previous clubs in "such a mess"? Why does that seem so awfully familiar?

to_ddeath

Coach

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

mickeylane

Bench
Daley....NRL experience.....NONE!

Where have I heard that before?
you cant be serious! he's exactly what we need if he was available....he would attract players for one and secondly managing the SOO team for so long has given him enough experience to handle pressure and moreover would know how to get the best out of players,....

or we can stay w McGregor if u like

loveoursaints

Juniors
Took West Tigers 2 bad losses to sack their coach....harsh but decisive given they finished above us last season. Many are tipping Cleary to take over.
Dragons have waited for 3 seasons to decide and by the time it comes to get a new coach, the cupboard will be bare. We had a chance to get both Neil Henry and Brad Arthur some seasons back but stuck with Price initially and then Mary...
Yep...and we finished in front of parramatta in both of the past 2 years ....and about level with the Titans. So your preferred options are totally unfathomable and WTF?!! Stick with Mary... lets just see how our first 8 weeks goes. You are just guessing how we will go. Henry and Arthur? They did not finish in front of us....but shit yeahhh...lets sign them.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
you cant be serious! he's exactly what we need if he was available....he would attract players for one and secondly managing the SOO team for so long has given him enough experience to handle pressure and moreover would know how to get the best out of players,....

Many players rejected Bennett's overtures when he was coach, what makes you think the same thing wouldn't occur under Daley? Simply because he coaches NSW?

Please.

SBD82

Coach

Are you stirring mate? I can't tell.

St Georgio

Juniors

Bennett left one of his previous clubs in "such a mess"? Why does that seem so awfully familiar?
We had an aging Roster, you can blame him for his endordement of S. Price, but mate its a long time ago , the board chose McGregor not W.Bennett.You must remember the Dragons went all in to win a comp with wayne and he delivered, no pain no gain, the pain came after gain.
Paul McGregor is at 48% win rate not good enough, we need a coach with 55% and higher 4success again!

Life's Good

Coach
Tony Smith did a interview around 6 months ago where he said there is no chance he would be moving back to Australia to coach . As you say he is a British Citizen now and is believed to be the highest payed ESL coach . He said something along the lines of they couldn't pay him enough to come back here to coach . He also said NRL clubs had talked to him but he made it known he has no interest .

With all the coaches mentioned that people would like to coach the Dragons the fact is the club isn't looking for a coach . If we make the 8 this year I expect Mary to get another 2 years extension
Very wise words about us not looking. The noise around the Tigers, Warriors not looking too flash, questions about Brownie at the Knights, speculation about Hasler etc. has created a diversion which has taken the steam out of our troubles. Whilst we continue to win(good, bad & ugly)we will remain a footnote in the coaching merry(or Mary)go round.

Bench
Cleary to be announced as Tigers coach on three year term with two year option.
How long do you think he will last.

Life's Good

Coach
Rumor is that Laurie Daley will hit the open market after the SOO series available to receive offers for FT NRL position 2018 onwards..

Laurie and McGregor are v close - could be a great way out for the club to retain McGregor as an assistant and bring in Laurie Daley as head coach..

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...st-to-coach-wests-tigers-20170322-gv3yy7.html
If that is the case then the board/Doust really are sticking two fingers at the supporters. Despite Bob Fulton holding sway in origin selections Daley hasn't shown much tactical nouse as origin coach(super player notwithstanding).

Capital

Juniors

Absolutely! He left us in a mess as well but he can't be blamed that it has taken this long and counting to sort things out.

Capital

Juniors
I dont blame Bennett either, it was that fat ass pig Nathan Tinkler that f**king promised the world and delivered shit,not paying the bills, Bennett will always be almongst the greatest coaches of all time, I would have him back at th Dragons any day of the werk.
Tinkler wasn't picking the team and telling Bennett which players to recruit.

BennyV

Referee

I can't tell if you are serious. If so, it's probably the dumbest thing I've read since loveoursaints last comment.

Daley is one of the only coaches who is as bad, if not worse, than McGregor. His complete lack of any strategic or tactical nouse when it comes to selection and game plans for SOO are there for everyone to see. He has no idea what it's like to coach a team year-round nor to manage a coaching and management staff to get the best out of players. I don't know what evidence you have that he's attract anyone, so that's a load of rubbish.

There is nothing about him that indicates, in any way, that he'd be close to a competent coach. Keep him far, far away from our club.

Gareth67

First Grade
image.jpg
Rumor is that Laurie Daley will hit the open market after the SOO series available to receive offers for FT NRL position 2018 onwards..

If this is indeed the case and I hope not , it would be a bit like jumping out of the frying-pan and into the bluudy fire !

Last edited:

Latest posts