What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Gareth67

First Grade
Quote. Perhaps even , dare i say it , Mary has regained the respect of the locker room ? Even the teams captain ( and best player ) Gareth Widdop.

Ha ha ha ha.... Cool joke G67. LMAO. LOL. Veryyyy funny sarcasm there!!

No sarcasm was intended , none what so ever . May I suggest that you stop reading more into a post , then what there actually is .
I noticed that you have only joined today , that being the case perhaps it may prove to be somewhat beneficial , to be less critical of those whose views that you have no prior knowledge of .

loveoursaints

Juniors
No sarcasm was intended , none what so ever . May I suggest that you stop reading more into a post , then what there actually is .
I noticed that you have only joined today , that being the case perhaps it may prove to be somewhat beneficial , to be less critical of those whose views that you have no prior knowledge of .
What the? I have been following the dragons for 57 yrs and when i see a poor number 6 i will call it out. No matter when i joined this forum lol. Widdop is not a good player. That is what i see when i watch saints play. I wish he was, i had hopes for him but they are no longer there.

Gareth67

First Grade
What the? I have been following the dragons for 57 yrs and when i see a poor number 6 i will call it out. No matter when i joined this forum lol. Widdop is not a good player. That is what i see when i watch saints play. I wish he was, i had hopes for him but they are no longer there.

Oh Lordy , Lordy , Good Lord ! ! ! It's back , it with the many personalities !
And here I was believing that I was conversing with a sensible being .

I have wasted 3 bluudy posts on a moron , for pity sake .

Please , if there is a hint of kindness in you , don't bother me again , as your condition could be contagious .

NOTE : - your avatar details have you as being only 22 years of age , so if you have followed the Dragons for 57 years , and I am sure that you are an honest moron , how could you possibly be 20 fooking 2 ?? ?

Last edited:
Just like this whole thread was saying Cleary and then Hasler would be our coach. This thread does not know much. More chance of winning lotto than any of ya posts ever coming true

I know one thing that is true,
Both Milli Vanilli and Mary are full of shit.
At least Milli Vanilli pulled the wool over everyone for a few years where as Mary has been crap as Coach from the start.

rasaint

Juniors
Hi Loveoursaints, my point is around the need to have a top roster. Granted a coach does have an influence but not as much as people think.

I am not pushing for Maguire nor would I reject him.

I personally wouldn't want Ricky Stuart. However, he has won a comp. Rated 61% winning at Roosters. Dropped down to low forties at different stages. Last year the raiders were playing great football with a good roster and this year getting momentum.

Shane Flanagan has been low win % at times and only reasonable 51% for 7 seasons at Sharkies. Last season Shane had a top roster and won the comp. This season has lost Innes but now getting Barba back mid season and now Segearo signed as hooker ( very good cap management) otherwise another year with a great roster.

I think we have a better roster this year with big Vaughan, McInnes and some good youth coming through. I believe we will be more competitive.

loveoursaints

Juniors
Oops....Mad Maguires wabbits were knocked out in their first semi in 2015 like we were. Except we got beat by one point whereas the wabbits were smashed 28/12 by sharks. I guess that puts us in front of them in 2015. And in 2016 we finished ahead of them. Yeahhh. What a great idea to go after mad dog Maguire. 2014 was a lifetime ago.

BennyV

Referee
What the grumples? With the team madge had at soufs in 2015 he should have coached them to the top 3. Yes, he massively under perforned. McGregor got us to where we should have gotten, 8th. Then one year on Madge failed even worse. But I wont cut straws over very similar results in the past 2 years. Please tell Mr expert, why would you want us to sign a coach who has no better results in the past 2 yrs than mary has? Its like divorcing your wife and dating your mother in law. Oh no, have you?
Right, so you are a 22 year old with the maturity levels of a 9 year old, grammar of a 5 year old and you've been supporting the dragons for 57 years. At least now we know why you can't string together a relevant, coherent or logical argument!

Regardless of last years results, McGuire has proven over a number of years that he is a more accomplished coach than Mary with a better ability to get the most out of his players. He would not bey first choice, but if he is available we should definitely look to him as he's a monstrous upgrade on the clown we have now.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
It's a great feeling knowing that we have won 2 from 3 , however I , and I am sure that all Saints fans , would like to have that tremendous feeling of knowing that the team has really achieved , by being in the end of years big matches .

It's still only early on for season 2017 , there is a long road ahead for the Dragons and Mary himself. His coaching ability will once again be tested , for good or bad , he already has had 2 seasons to show that he can take this club somewhere , but to date , with little success .

This is no reflection upon him as a person , but as a 1st grade coach and that is , unfortunately Mary does not have what it takes , for the Dragons to go all the way - and that is to have their hands wrapped around that Grand Final trophy .

Those gentleman in the Joint Ventures boardroom must realise , sooner or later , that their sole mission at St.George Illawarra , is to do their utmost in securing the Priemership , not for one season , but for every season . They should not , under any circumstance offer a coaching position to one , whom simply does not possess the capabilities required , to take a team to the Grand Final .

Good post, Gareth67.
As you say, the season is long but we have already proved we can win so l'm thinking that a very good coach will have us winning more so than not.

If we were to lose this weekend ( win one, lose one, repeat ) ........... to me, that would be a reflection on the coaching ability of McGregor. This scenario would mirror the past two seasons which would prove nothing has change, not even with new playing staff. The buck can only lie with one person.

Nothing is more frustrating for us fans knowing that we do have a capable team, just not the steering the bus.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Mary's power game might be the way to go., but it won't work with some of the opposition teams. Mary does need to have more then one game plan.
He also needs to transition our juniors and get his bench rotation up to scratch.
It's about winning but it is just as important to bring the younger players

Stay healthy Duges for Christ's sake

Last edited:

LINESPEED

Juniors
So true 2010
Same run-on 13 for 4 games- no rotation- no blooding- it's fingers crossed- lots of Hail Marys - don't rock the boat - head down- she'll be right - cruise control - Josh's due for a good one surely - save me,save me just two more wins
Smells like someone's flying on a wing and a prayer?

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
Last time he went to Hurstville High and didn't start following them until he was 13 because mum and dad were too strict.
Don't worry see if you can work out the other almost brand new identity he also has going?

I was really expecting it to be none other then Napoleon , I really was , as he has these delusions of grandeur .But I shall scan the forum later and discover just whom it is .

My biggest concern is the amount of money that the Government must be spending on physiologists. I mean just how many head doctors would they require to treat an individual with so many personalities ?

And perhaps what is even more perplexing is how , in the hell do they ( his numerous personalities) all fit into the one padded cell ? Honestly , the mind simply boggles , just thinking about it !

Last edited:

The Doc

Juniors
And whats his win loss for past 2 years? 44%? So no thanks. You think his team look like they enjoy playing for him? Not for the past 2 years they havent. And this year it looks the same.
And what was Bennetts win % at the knights?
Yet i bet you would have loved for us to sign him back again after he finished up at the knights.

Capital

Juniors
Hi Loveoursaints, my point is around the need to have a top roster. Granted a coach does have an influence but not as much as people think.

I am not pushing for Maguire nor would I reject him.

I personally wouldn't want Ricky Stuart. However, he has won a comp. Rated 61% winning at Roosters. Dropped down to low forties at different stages. Last year the raiders were playing great football with a good roster and this year getting momentum.

Shane Flanagan has been low win % at times and only reasonable 51% for 7 seasons at Sharkies. Last season Shane had a top roster and won the comp. This season has lost Innes but now getting Barba back mid season and now Segearo signed as hooker ( very good cap management) otherwise another year with a great roster.

I think we have a better roster this year with big Vaughan, McInnes and some good youth coming through. I believe we will be more competitive.
Good point. I don't think there are many St George supporters who want to keep McGregor but I would agree the coach is not the huge influence many suggest.

I agree the roster is better but still not good. Worst halves by a mile and except for Dugan, I'm not sure how many of the backs would be in the NRL at other clubs.

Its hard to follow what people are arguing about with all the insults being thrown around. I think loveoursaints is saying McGuire wouldn't be any better or even worse than McGregor. I agree with that. If McGregor had the team McGuire did a few years back, I would back him to win a premiership as well. Hasler has been very successful or at least relatively successful year after year. Even more so than Bennett given what happened at Newcastle. Only less so than Bellamy.

St Georgio

Juniors
Can people not look at Stats when it comes to Newcastle it makes good coaches look very very ordinary, poor old Nathan Brown must have a stat under 30%, also Michael Maguire stats are a very healthy 59% not 44%!

Capital

Juniors
Can people not look at Stats when it comes to Newcastle it makes good coaches look very very ordinary, poor old Nathan Brown must have a stat under 30%, also Michael Maguire stats are a very healthy 59% not 44%!
Almost feel sorry for Brown. Bennett left that place in such a mess. He went all out with the back-ended contracts in order to get that bonus, failed and then jumped ship before the back-ended contracts became a problem.

St Georgio

Juniors
Almost feel sorry for Brown. Bennett left that place in such a mess. He went all out with the back-ended contracts in order to get that bonus, failed and then jumped ship before the back-ended contracts became a problem.
I dont blame Bennett either, it was that fat ass pig Nathan Tinkler that f**king promised the world and delivered shit,not paying the bills, Bennett will always be almongst the greatest coaches of all time, I would have him back at th Dragons any day of the werk.

possm

Coach
My vote is tony smith and will bring a couple of English players with him. Remember he gave us mike cooper from Warrington wolves.
Is he available?
Does he want to coach the Dragons?

I think when he was last asked he said he wasn't interested.

ALSGI

Bench
Is he available?
Does he want to coach the Dragons?

I think when he was last asked he said he wasn't interested.
Possm,
Tony Smith - 16 years (longest ever) coaching in the SL, has become a British citizen, and signed to end of their 2018 season whenever that is.
Doubt it very much, but who knows?
Why are we even talking about him?
His brothet's a Prick.

possm

Coach
Possm,
Tony Smith - 16 years (longest ever) coaching in the SL, has become a British citizen, and signed to end of their 2018 season whenever that is.
Doubt it very much, but who knows?
Why are we even talking about him?
His brothet's a Prick.
Not my idea! I was just replying to a post made by John Moz.

mickeylane

Bench
Even though I think McGregor will be retained for another 2 years - Hasler won't be offered a new contract till after round 12 - if that the case if all goes to shit over the next few weeks we could still feasibly go in for Hasler even though I cant see Hasler accept the current coaching restrictions currently in place at the Dragons...