What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Gareth67

First Grade
Qdf and Dragon Revival , gents I understand what you have both said and agree with you . I have unfortunately made a long story longer then I should had .

Quite simply I was rather surprised by the just how quickly Mary's support had diminished , in such a short period , perhaps more so when some were willing to give him a new contract earlier .

This is what so many had foreseen occurring , this is the time that he needs to prove himself .

Life's Good

Coach
Qdf and Dragon Revival , gents I understand what you have both said and agree with you . I have unfortunately made a long story longer then I should had .

Quite simply I was rather surprised by the just how quickly Mary's support had diminished , in such a short period , perhaps more so when some were willing to give him a new contract earlier .

This is what so many had foreseen occurring , this is the time that he needs to prove himself .
Very true. With no one chasing Mary and no one immediately available there was no need to rush in to signing him up on the back of the good start. Prove himself capable of digging us out of this hole we and things will take care of themselves.

Gandhi

Juniors

What i dont quite understand.... that is.... IF we use the same view point ....Is why do we offer some players who have been way under performing for the past 2 - 3 years a new lucratve contract after they play their first 7 decent games in more than 3 years. It seems to me that players can play crap for a few years, then suddenly play a few good games... and we sign them up again. But a coach has to prove himself for 20 games or more?! I agree he should have to. But i sure as hell hope players we have re-signed on long contracts also man up for the next 90 games.

mickeylane

Bench
McGregor is the Dragons best option at this point just as Trent Barrett is Manlys best option and he was tipped to be the first coach axed....

I this k McGregor bleeds Red and White and the players know that and because of him players are now starting to want to play for the Red and Whites...how many times in recent weeks have u heard players say:
"I love playing for the red and white"

Lawrie
De Bellin
Widdop
Thompson
Vaughan
Packer
Dugan

Have all said in interviews how much they love playing for the club....Mcgregor has been the catalyst for this new found pride in the jersey -at this stage the only coach i would entertain to come in and it will most probably happen in 2 years time because Doust LOVES him is Bellamy...I have eno doubt Dragons will approach him again when his contract finshes in 2019...

Gandhi

Juniors
McGregor is the Dragons best option at this point just as Trent Barrett is Manlys best option and he was tipped to be the first coach axed....

I this k McGregor bleeds Red and White and the players know that and because of him players are now starting to want to play for the Red and Whites...how many times in recent weeks have u heard players say:
"I love playing for the red and white"

Lawrie
De Bellin
Widdop
Thompson
Vaughan
Packer
Dugan

Have all said in interviews how much they love playing for the club....Mcgregor has been the catalyst for this new found pride in the jersey -at this stage the only coach i would entertain to come in and it will most probably happen in 2 years time because Doust LOVES him is Bellamy...I have eno doubt Dragons will approach him again when his contract finshes in 2019...
So why havent the players performed for him the previous few years? It doesnt add up.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
What i dont quite understand.... that is.... IF we use the same view point ....Is why do we offer some players who have been way under performing for the past 2 - 3 years a new lucratve contract after they play their first 7 decent games in more than 3 years. It seems to me that players can play crap for a few years, then suddenly play a few good games... and we sign them up again. But a coach has to prove himself for 20 games or more?! I agree he should have to. But i sure as hell hope players we have re-signed on long contracts also man up for the next 90 games.

Ghandisevsky meltdown coming in 10, 9, 8.....

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Mc Gregor said that after the Anzac Day Game that the Dragons did not have enough time to practice moves
against the Storm. What a joke as they could have had a light recovery session on Wednesday a day off on Thursday and trained in full on Friday and had a light run on Saturday. If you are playing the best team in the competition you are prepared as well as highly paid professional athletes. Further you fix up the defensive holes in the backline and make sure that you have a decent goalkicker. With thirteen players defending on the field there should be no gaping holes on the wings. A decent coach would sort this out quickly.

hazzbeen

Bench
Mc Gregor said that after the Anzac Day Game that the Dragons did not have enough time to practice moves
against the Storm. What a joke as they could have had a light recovery session on Wednesday a day off on Thursday and trained in full on Friday and had a light run on Saturday. If you are playing the best team in the competition you are prepared as well as highly paid professional athletes. Further you fix up the defensive holes in the backline and make sure that you have a decent goalkicker. With thirteen players defending on the field there should be no gaping holes on the wings. A decent coach would sort this out quickly.
Storm had the same time turn around , but they adapted to the game . Even Slater came out and said , ( we knew their first 40min is their best ) . So they did have a plan and knew what was needed to nullify the first 40 min . We had plan A that did not work no plan b ....

Gareth67

First Grade

Probably because its the coach who needs to give the team direction and also has the task of welding his players into some form of a cohesive unit , one that will hopefully be semi-final bound .

The sucess of the team lies with the coach , not the individual player . However as you have pointed out one would also expect the contracted player to earn their money on a weekly basis , by playing at their very best .

Injuries , suspensions , lack of confidence all play a part as to why a player cannot perform at their peak over the the term of their contracts . Of course the teams coach has no such concerns , the man needs to have the ability to lift his players after a defeat and always have the correct answers to any of problems , defensive , attack or the game plan itself .

Last edited:

Gandhi

Juniors
Ghandisevsky meltdown coming in 10, 9, 8.....
Ha ha, you are a funny man. You guys have melt downs every day about the coach and you excuse poor player performances and condone a 350k to 800k a year player to take no ownership for their own performances. You have had numerous sevsky melt downs about the coach. ....lmao. i hold players accountable too.

Gandhi

Juniors
Storm had the same time turn around , but they adapted to the game . Even Slater came out and said , ( we knew their first 40min is their best ) . So they did have a plan and knew what was needed to nullify the first 40 min . We had plan A that did not work no plan b ....
Outgunned by a far superior team. Tactics work to a degree.....but a much better team melbourne are and will remain.

Gandhi

Juniors
Probably because its the coach who needs to give the team direction and also the task of welding his players into some form of a cohesive unit , one that will hopefully be semi-final bound .

The sucess of the team lies with the coach , not the individual player . However as you have pointed out one would also expect the contracted player to earn their money on a weekly basis , by playing at their very best .

Injuries , suspensions , lack of confidence all play a part as to why a player cannot perform at their peak over the the term of their contracts .
Gareth, i pretty much agree with what you say. Except i would suggest we offer new lucrative contracts to players who have not performed greatly for a year or two after more than 7 games of better form. I understand the club sees a player doing better and feels pressured to quickly sign him up again to stop him being signed elsewhere......its a risk in my opinion, 7 good games versus a few very average years.....7 games is a drop in the ocean. I just hope we dont get burnt with a new loss of form now the contract is done.

Gareth67

First Grade
Gareth, i pretty much agree with what you say. Except i would suggest we offer new lucrative contracts to players who have not performed greatly for a year or two after more than 7 games of better form. I understand the club sees a player doing better and feels pressured to quickly sign him up again to stop him being signed elsewhere......its a risk in my opinion, 7 good games versus a few very average years.....7 games is a drop in the ocean. I just hope we dont get burnt with a new loss of form now the contract is done.

I believe that the players whom have recently been signed , are the ones that the club feels shall best compliment Ben Hunt when he arrives next year . Nevertheless , it is and always will be a bit of a gamble , when signing players whom have had bad form , previous to signing an extension .

Without mentioning names one is a 50/50 proposition playing out his contract in what would be called a ' top- grade manner ' whilst the other is one player whom has ( imo ) always had the ability, but was greatly hindered by another , player ( whom is now gone ) - he will do his job well with Ben Hunt .

Last edited:

BankstownDragon

Juniors
Honestly seen enough of this years season to have made up my mind.

Mc Gregor hasnt really improved that much to warrant an extention.

1. Selections: McCrone and Aiken are so bellow par its embarassing and yet get selected week in week out.
2. Dispite our Defensive effort and stamina bieng very good, our structure is abysmal and hasnt changed in 5 years. Run up 5 meters and plant your feet doesn't work. Gaps between our players in the line is even accross the park like under 8s. There should be a compression of 6 to 8 players and this should shift across relative to the play the ball area.
3. Our attack is still too side ways. We may have decent attack record, due to our mass foward dominance, but as in the Roosters and Sharks games, back line couldnt convert in the first half and we untimately paid the price.
4. Playing to our strengths, example; Jay Field, no play was implimented to get him one on one or two on two with space. Simple shit really.
4. Mc Gregor and coaching staff refuse to learn from thier mistakes time and time again. Too many examples and im getting tired of typing.

Just f**k him off already.

Latest posts