What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Bench
Look how the Warriors are on the Field, after a try there is a group hug and deep breathing.
I don't think that would be for us but we need someone on the Field to address issues that arise during a game.
After a try is scored against us someone needs to address the players. That would be a captains role. I don't think Widdop is capable of that. We need a captains who has a pair to get up the players behind the goal posts. Graham is one who could do that.

Widdop is one of our best. Always our leading player in Daliy M's and other awards...As soon as we lose everyone is looking to blast Widdop and in reality he has won us more games than he has lost us. Glad he is in our team.

Now you misunderstood my comments.
I love Widdop, I think with Hunt inside him......in a good way......he's having his best year yet.
What I don't think is he's captain material.
I want to see a captain who can fire up his team, tear strips off them in the in goal when we are scored against, Widdop is not that man.

getsmarty

Immortal
Now you misunderstood my comments.
I love Widdop, I think with Hunt inside him......in a good way......he's having his best year yet.
What I don't think is he's captain material.
I want to see a captain who can fire up his team, tear strips off them in the in goal when we are scored against, Widdop is not that man.

Be that as it may, while Mary is in charge he will not change the Captain. He is far too conservative. Graham would be the obvious choice but Gareth is fine by me. Cops far too much criticism from Others on this forum.Always one of our best...leads with his actions.

WepnutV

Juniors
I'm not a troll. Just in disbelief the hatred for mary. A coach that has coached a team further then what that team was predicted to finish every year he has coached, not to mention cemented a top 8 spot three rounds ago, its funny the things people come up with just to support there argument that he should be sacked or is a shit coach

Old Timer

Coach
Look how the Warriors are on the Field, after a try there is a group hug and deep breathing.
I don't think that would be for us but we need someone on the Field to address issues that arise during a game.
After a try is scored against us someone needs to address the players. That would be a captains role. I don't think Widdop is capable of that. We need a captains who has a pair to get up the players behind the goal posts. Graham is one who could do that.
After a try Widdop is kicking for goal so if Graham is off then Hunt IMO should be doing the rev up.
After all he is the playmaker and will be dictating terms as to what he wants form the next kick off they receive.

getsmarty

Immortal
I'm not a troll. Just in disbelief the hatred for mary. A coach that has coached a team further then what that team was predicted to finish every year he has coached, not to mention cemented a top 8 spot three rounds ago, its funny the things people come up with just to support there argument that he should be sacked or is a shit coach

He has underachieved in the 4 years he has been here with the roster that he has ( this year and particularly the remainder will tell us what he is capable of ) .....blind freddy can see that. I don't hate Paul McGregor...He is paid to do a job which to date he has achieved little.

He is clearly out of his depth. I don't blame him..I blame the board for hiring him in the first place.

It's a forum and people are allowed to express their viewpoints. If you think that based on the last 4 years he's a great coach then good luck to you..

TruSaint

Referee
I'm not a troll. . A coach that has coached a team further then what that team was predicted to finish every year he has coached,

LOL, i dont hate Mary, but seriously ? ...

So in essence he has overachieved ? Forget where pundits think we will finish, our run into September for the past years under him has been a shambles.

I hope for the sake of the fans he does succeed, but history and recent form tells me otherwise.

As to finishing top 8, we led the comp for nearly 2/3rd of the season,.. how is that a win if we finish 5-8th ?

His job should be to secure a top 1-4 finish. Barring nene, we have been virtually injury free all year.. No excuses.

Gareth67

First Grade

Should the man take the Dragons deep into the finals I am sure that most fans would be happy , but not all . Still it’s good to see that someone can have an alternative view of him - stick to your guns WepnutV .

WepnutV

Juniors
Yea he's got the boys playing for one another and that's all you can ask for from him.., he doesn't have the strongest roster in the NRL so the fact he's got us up there makes me happy.. I'm not proveing nothing just a dragons supporter that's happy with Mary..

TruSaint

Referee
Yea he's got the boys playing for one another and that's all you can ask for from him.., he doesn't have the strongest roster in the NRL so the fact he's got us up there makes me happy.. I'm not proveing nothing just a dragons supporter that's happy with Mary..

Mate thats fine.

I backed Mary for years, and still " wish" the best for the club. But surely you can understand even the most loyal fans of Mary have had some reason to doubt him. Over his tenure, matters like His selection of players, use of the bench, inability to accept a loss ( eg their try's were from kicks ), and so forth cast some doubt come seasons end.

Lets not forget, he said " I have the team i wanted ". On paper we may have issues in the outside backs, which could be addressed by trying some youngsters, but we also have a great pack and 2 internationals in the halves. HIS team...

Put it this way, anything less than a top 4 finish, after the season we have had would IMHO be a failure. Spots 7-8 could be reserved for teams like Wests / Raiders... Surely we deserve a better finish than another spot in the bottom of the 8 ?

As to what pundits think pre season... most had Parra and NQ up there in contention. We are nearly in August and those 2 top sides are fighting for the spoon.

Anyway, go Saints, and I hope Mary proves me wrong.

"Cemented"? That must mean something different where your from.

Unless the field is 98 metres long, opposing tries from kicks are not counted, the bench is reduced to 3 spots and the game finishes at half time, this so-called coach will never deliver this club a premiership.

Straight Shooter

Crush

Coach
Widdop is one of our best. Always our leading player in Daliy M's and other awards...As soon as we lose everyone is looking to blast Widdop and in reality he has won us more games than he has lost us. Glad he is in our team.
Widdop is by far the best player we have at the moment. He is the only one that looks really dangerous and is having a real crack.
Hunt looks like a passanger.
JDB is going through the motions.
Without Widdop we wouldn't be where we are today on the table.
I don't think that he is a good captain but he is a great player.

Gareth67

First Grade
Unless the field is 98 metres long, opposing tries from kicks are not counted, the bench is reduced to 3 spots and the game finishes at half time, this so-called coach will never deliver this club a premiership.

Straight Shooter

Thanks for that most timely reminder Objective View , just when I was thinking about buying a couple of seats for the Grand Final . You have brought me back to reality just as a dose of Cod Liver oil does when I am feeling ill !