What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

BennyV

Referee
I’m a changed man. Clearly, my concerns about Mary’s lack of Plan B and in-game adaptation was entirely unfounded and my comments about his lack of tactical knowledge or strategic ability have proven to be completely baseless. There are few other coaches who, at 18-10 up, could inspire the team to bring it home so strongly with a definitive second half game plan of ‘keep them under 16 points and we win’.

Truly, we are blessed to witness such football genius at our eternally great club. I tip my cap to those in this forum with the foresight to defend such an acute mind as our coach.

WepnutV

Juniors
What makes you think he is a "GREAT" coach?
Great is a very strong word. It usually means one of the best ever. One to be remembered. At least that's how I see it.
And Paul McGregor is not one of the best ever in my humble opinion.
:disappointed:
Just have a look at the ladder,tell me which team sits at the top and who is that team coached by?

Crush

Coach
well sack Mary then. Its just not good enough
If you have read many of my posts I am one of the few who supports and defends Mary. Ive been doing it for years. I don't think he should be sacked at all, he has this team playing some very good footy and deserves credit for having them in the top 4.
But to say he is a great coach? Really?
Great? He hasnt achieved anything yet you call him "great".
Even if he wins the comp this year he still aint a great coach. Perhaps a decent coach or even a good coach but far from a great coach.
Get a grip WepnutV.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I seriously think that we have overachieved so far the season. If we had a top line winger instead of Nightingale and a top line pair of centres, then I think we would be genuine premiership contenders. Mary' pick and stick policy is working to our detriment now. Players such as Lomax, Herbert and Pereira should have all been given a chance earlier in the season.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Personally, I'm of the opinion that Mary can see out his contract, but short of a prem (or mayyyybe prelim) we go elsewhere after that point.

I 100% see no point in sacking him now though. Anything short of a prelim this year should be putting his job under pressure immediately

The calm one

Juniors
Just have a look at the ladder,tell me which team sits at the top and who is that team coached by?
I seriously think that we have overachieved so far the season. If we had a top line winger instead of Nightingale and a top line pair of centres, then I think we would be genuine premiership contenders. Mary' pick and stick policy is working to our detriment now. Players such as Lomax, Herbert and Pereira should have all been given a chance earlier in the season.
If we have overachieved and sit on top of the ladder and still need two centres and a winger, isn’t that a credit to the coach. The poor barstard can’t win, if we were 5th or 6th you would want him sacked but we are on top of the ladder with only half a top grade backline he still has stuffed up. ??????

Frank Facer

First Grade
If we have overachieved and sit on top of the ladder and still need two centres and a winger, isn’t that a credit to the coach. The poor barstard can’t win, if we were 5th or 6th you would want him sacked but we are on top of the ladder with only half a top grade backline he still has stuffed up. ??????
No it isn't a credit to the coach that he continues to pick the wrong players. It is a credit to our forwards, halves and Dufty that we are sitting equal first on the ladder. It would be credit to the coach if he had promoted some new blood in place of Nightingale, Aitken and Lafai.

The calm one

Juniors
No it isn't a credit to the coach that he continues to pick the wrong players. It is a credit to our forwards, halves and Dufty that we are sitting equal first on the ladder. It would be credit to the coach if he had promoted some new blood in place of Nightingale, Aitken and Lafai.
And if he promoted new blood and it didn’t work there would be outrage on this forum that he did it. As I said, the poor barstard can’t win

Personally, I'm of the opinion that Mary can see out his contract, but short of a prem (or mayyyybe prelim) we go elsewhere after that point.

I 100% see no point in sacking him now though. Anything short of a prelim this year should be putting his job under pressure immediately
No point making changes now. Have to wait until end of season.

The calm one

Juniors

I do agree with you that he has to produce the goods at business end of the season. But remember this our financial situation is run by the NRL because of our debt. So if Mary was to go don’t think for a minute that we are going to get some high profile coach with a CV thicker than your arm. The NRL has the last say on what we spend whether we like it or not. Until we make substantial inroads into clearing our debt, nothing will change. It’s called financial management.

Brutalitops

Juniors
I do agree with you that he has to produce the goods at business end of the season. But remember this our financial situation is run by the NRL because of our debt. So if Mary was to go don’t think for a minute that we are going to get some high profile coach with a CV thicker than your arm. The NRL has the last say on what we spend whether we like it or not. Until we make substantial inroads into clearing our debt, nothing will change. It’s called financial management.
I agree and it's part of why I think Mary will see out his contract. However, if we crash out this year and are poor next year, I expect he will not have his contract renewed by the club for 2020

Latest posts