What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Old Timer

Coach
Whilst not a conspiracy theorists most of the time it just seems a bit odd that w had a televised night game that went array as a result of a power outage.

The idiots on FOX got their rocks off in giving it to us.

We were also probably responsible for the torrential conditions for the game against Easts when play was interrupted.

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
So Jim is a lifelong Dragons fan but "Kogarah isn't a viable option"?

What a load of crap! If more was done to make the Kogarah games attractive to both home and away fans Kogarah would always be viable. Look at the way Leichhardt oval gets touted whenever the Tigers play there.

We're watching the St George side of the merger being dissolved day by day and it sickens me.
Great post - as if Kogarah isn't viable but WIN is.

That loser is like the guy who rings up the radio and starts with "I have a friend called bill who has this weird rash"

Only reason they go to big venues is money money money

getsmarty

Immortal
How is it possible that we are still stuck with Mary for another year....he has more lives than a proverbial cat. The mind boggles.

Last edited:

merahputih

Juniors
I think the sad fact is that there are no "name"coaches either available or willing to take on the role of coach of the Dragons, despite the ravings of sports journos trying to fill up their columns on a quiet news day by "predicting" that Cleary. Hasler etc will be appointed "next week". The months of speculation around Ivan Cleary suggests that some approaches or negotiations might have occurred, but the real reason nothing happened can only be guessed at: control over recruitment, money, bringing his own staff? As others here have said, 2017 might be a write off unless a miracle happens and Hutchison finally makes a leap to 1st grade standard or Mann is given s chance in the halves and steps up....and Mary discovers an attacking structure.

Gareth67

First Grade
merahputih - Ever so true , it appears that the Dragons are stuck in that film , ( what it's name ? ) the movie where a chap wakes up and every day is the same as the one before .
Only in our case it will be the season 2017 is the same as season 2016 , it's enough to give one nightmares .

Willow

Assistant Moderator
So Jim is a lifelong Dragons fan but "Kogarah isn't a viable option"?

What a load of crap! If more was done to make the Kogarah games attractive to both home and away fans Kogarah would always be viable.
I think I've run into Jim in my travels... or someone who shares his misguided views.

The crowds have indeed been on a steady decline since 2011.

Much of this is due to our home games being sold off, of course some of it is due to poor on-field performances and poor coaching... BUT imo, and to put it in a nutshell, it's just a case of more and more fans struggling to come to terms with years of bizarre decisions from Club management.

RPG437

Juniors
Kogarah and the Taj have always been the heartbeat. The run down of the Taj should be the subject of an investigation. Once after a home game the club would be full - now its a waste of space just full of pokies.
No soul at Homebush stadium - WIN ok for the Illawarra faithful. Short term gain in $$$ going to Homebush long term pain.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Kogarah and the Taj have always been the heartbeat. The run down of the Taj should be the subject of an investigation. Once after a home game the club would be full - now its a waste of space just full of pokies.
No soul at Homebush stadium - WIN ok for the Illawarra faithful. Short term gain in $$$ going to Homebush long term pain.

Taj was often full before games as well. I once stupidly missed a game by having one too many and deciding it was all too hard to cross the highway.

Lethal25

Juniors
I've been to some ANZ matches with my brother in law who's a Souths member, I went using a spare membership he had because his missus didn't go.

As a Souths member you can go upstairs to a private bar where everything is just that little bit better. The beer range, the chips, the pies etc.

We have nothing like this at any ground I believe, it's not much but it makes you feel as if the membership has some benefit other than the shitty member pack

TheOnlyTeam

Juniors
This season (2016) I took my family to the Charity Shield, I had made up my mind by halftime that it was going to be a long year and my boy said how boring it was, such a sorry state for a once proud club. All the teams who finished below us, including Newcastle, were more exciting to watch than us. Shiite coach.

KiamaSaint

Coach
This season (2016) I took my family to the Charity Shield, I had made up my mind by halftime that it was going to be a long year and my boy said how boring it was, such a sorry state for a once proud club. All the teams who finished below us, including Newcastle, were more exciting to watch than us. Shiite coach.

Sadly our position on the table didn't reflect our performance this year, our for and against did.

Old Timer

Coach
Well lucky you didn't post that like I did straight after the CS as you would have been set upon by some as a dope and as bad mouthing the club LOL
Your boy is obviously very bright and intuitive all the best to him.