What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I've been to some ANZ matches with my brother in law who's a Souths member, I went using a spare membership he had because his missus didn't go.

As a Souths member you can go upstairs to a private bar where everything is just that little bit better. The beer range, the chips, the pies etc.

We have nothing like this at any ground I believe, it's not much but it makes you feel as if the membership has some benefit other than the shitty member pack

You don't like the cap?

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
In the interest of keeping this post at the top noting that my current goal is to have more replies on this one post than we have as red V members (with obvious end end goal of bye bye McGreedy):

Question: post your dumbest comment, post game statement or gameplay that McGreedy has made since he took over?

Ps That scrum was a clanger

In the interest of keeping this post at the top noting that my current goal is to have more replies on this one post than we have as red V members (with obvious end end goal of bye bye McGreedy):

Question: post your dumbest comment, post game statement or gameplay that McGreedy has made since he took over?

If he was someone else's coach, I would find his ramblings quite amusing...

"There were just a couple of moments in the game, we probably wish the field was 98 metres and not 100," McGregor said.

Coffs dragon

Bench
So so many quotes from McWreckor, but I can't go past the big one:
"Our attack is a work in progress"
FMD Christmas has come around twice since & still no sign of the big A.

grouch

First Grade

I think it was after the Parra game this year, the drunk claimed it was a "hard" game for the players since they were out of finals contention and we weren't used to that. Hard to top for it's combination of idiocy, bullshit, deflection and hubris. Sums McGregor up perfectly.

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
My favorite at end of last game of season was:

"A lot of things went against us this year many of which were out of our control which we were not able to control effectively"

Smart Coach right there.

draco

Juniors
"If whenever things are going badly for you and you lose you start blaming somebody else, then you don't have what it takes to be in this job.".......US President Barack Obama

since77

Juniors
It seems from the news today that our reserve grade coach is more in demand than our first grade coach. Geez this is a depressing thread, and a dark time for the club.

On another note, to me, its the little things that speak volumes about how much a club is determined to improve upon past performance. Read an article this morning outlining when all teams returned to training. For a lot of teams (minus rep players), 1st week November was back to training. Not the Dragons though - we're 2nd week November. After the worst Dragon's season I've seen since the late 80's, you'd think they'd be champing at the bit to get back into things and prepare for the new season.
Ah, Mc Gregor, such an inspiring leader.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
It seems from the news today that our reserve grade coach is more in demand than our first grade coach. Geez this is a depressing thread, and a dark time for the club.

On another note, to me, its the little things that speak volumes about how much a club is determined to improve upon past performance. Read an article this morning outlining when all teams returned to training. For a lot of teams (minus rep players), 1st week November was back to training. Not the Dragons though - we're 2nd week November. After the worst Dragon's season I've seen since the late 80's, you'd think they'd be champing at the bit to get back into things and prepare for the new season.

Well to be fair, Mary's game plan doesn't exactly require a lot of preparation...

FlameThrower

Bench

I used to get angry about this, swearing at the TV and getting all fired up...this Club is circus and rapidly driving a ton of fans away...completely over this now.

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
Well to be fair, Mary's game plan doesn't exactly require a lot of preparation...
Imagine first day back at training if your a player:

Player Josh Dugan "hi Mary how was your off season;

Mary "everything is awesome and everyone is part of the team"

Josh "okay then"

Mary "also did I tell you that during the off season ah Petey ah dousty ah invited me to the taj and ah over some crownies ah that ah Dousty ah told me that I am the chosen one and that even though I am really special I am still getting 4 new bosses"

Josh "okay then"

Mary "let's build something special together Josh and let's work on our D all summer long as D is important and we only lost games because of the draw and the kicking other teams did and because the wind was blowing in funny off the coast at WIN and because the trains at Carlton were late one day and...."

Josh "okay okay then"

Mary "ok Josh now although we lost half off the training with my dribble I really now need you to focus on this critical drill......now don't be scared but please jog on over to grandstand A and then ask the new committee member no. 1 what he wants you to do and then after 30mins go to grandstand B for committee member 2 coaching tips and then run to the hill for committee member 3 ideas and finally into the sheds for a rub down by committee member 4"

Josh "okay then" and under his breath "FMD put in JD already"

Last edited:

Coffs dragon

Bench
I still cannot believe why they have not dumped the knobhead & replaced him with JD. At worse, Mary can still paint and I'm sure there is plenty of work to still earn his $$$ giving the Old Taj a re-paint. JUST DO IT!

Gareth67

First Grade
Is there a course you need to take to be a FG
coach

Yes , although apparently it is quite difficult , ( as I have been told by others who have attempted it, as they leave feeling very light - headed ) , it is called the Crown Lager I.Q. test , conducted by the highly qualified Professor Reschs .

Unfortunately , in fact most unfortunately for we the fans , our Mary passed with flying colours .

Last edited:

Lethal25

Juniors
One thing that does make me wonder about McGregors mindset.

He's supposedly got this paint business, but if you're a successful first grade coach then who needs a paint business. He has one foot in each camp which makes me think he believes he'll never be a lifetime coach or the paint business is the outside influence he refers to when reading from his book of excuses.

Bench
Mary is quite right in starting training later, after all he spent all year working so not Be to be repeative has scrapped the big ad this year

One of his biggest and greatest plans is mind games look at Aitkens try against Raiders and fiield goal with Souths

Mind games is the way to next year
Players will holding 4 seances each week that is the future MIND GAMES