What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Steve Smith

Frank Facer

First Grade
Multi Millionaire cricketers (even Bancroft will be there one day) get punished for ball tampering.

Does anybody think Trump and his Nato muppets will start a World War in the next few weeks?
I think the Chemical weapons attack was a false flag and I think the one a year ago was too.

General Wesley Clark who was a former allied chief of NATO and a former Joint Chief of Staff for the US was privy to two classified memo's that the Pentagon received back 2001, 10 days and a few weeks after 9/11 respectively, that outlined plans for the US to take down 8 countries is 5 years. The first classified memo said that the US was going to go to war with Iraq. The second classified memo outlined plans for the US to take down 7 countries in 5 years. Those countries were Syria, Sudan, Somalia, Libya, Lebanon, Venezuela and Iran. The video that he mentioned Venezuela has been deleted and I have been unable to find another one where he mentions Venezuela, but there are numerous ones on Youtube where he mentions the rest. The people of the US had no knowledge let alone any say in those plans. It wouldn't matter who was president of the US. Trump may just be the next useful idiot after Bush junior and Obama.

I won't be surprised if WW3 does start in that area sooner or later.

Here is a link to General Wesley Clark's video.

Old Timer

Coach
What do you have to say about Freddy Flintoff's comments that the rest of the Australian team including the bowlers knew what was going on with the ball? What do you have to say about Flintoff saying that the penalties were too harsh?

Henriques also came out in support of Smith too.
Freddy Flintoff is a big mouthed Pommy tosser with not 1 piece of evidence to support his claims (yes I know he was a great cricketer for a time).
Of course he will say the penalties are too harsh as will many other foreign players but that is because they don't want a precedence set where "real penalties" apply as they want the status quo of a slap on the wrist to remain so they can keep cheating themselves.
People need to wake up because the cheats want to keep cheating with no real loss of income or status while the clean skins get rorted.
FMD if I was on their money cheating would be the furtherest thing from my mind whilst keeping my skill levels at the highest they can be would be at the forefront.
Maybe ball tampering is linked to "betting" as there would be / are great cash incentives to contrive results and if the ball isn't playing cricket so to speak then best you alter it to get another one.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I can't believe we are still going with this shit, however....

"Some of them are in glass houses: don't be chucking your stones lads. We've done a few things which aren't particularly in the rules - not as bad as that - and it changes"
Andrew Flintoff.

"Not as bad as that"
Not discussing, planning, bringing sandpaper onto the field.

Now I'm done with this topic.
Marcus Trescothink admitted in his book that he used a mint to help swing the ball like crazy when England regained that Ashes in 2005. He also said that they trialed it before the series started. Flintoff was a member of that team.

Freddy Flintoff is a big mouthed Pommy tosser with not 1 piece of evidence to support his claims (yes I know he was a great cricketer for a time).
Of course he will say the penalties are too harsh as will many other foreign players but that is because they don't want a precedence set where "real penalties" apply as they want the status quo of a slap on the wrist to remain so they can keep cheating themselves.
People need to wake up because the cheats want to keep cheating with no real loss of income or status while the clean skins get rorted.
FMD if I was on their money cheating would be the furtherest thing from my mind whilst keeping my skill levels at the highest they can be would be at the forefront.
Maybe ball tampering is linked to "betting" as there would be / are great cash incentives to contrive results and if the ball isn't playing cricket so to speak then best you alter it to get another one.

I said that was my last word, however......

Maybe if the powers that be actually left so grass on a wicket occasionally so the ball moved of the pitch for anymore than the first two deliveries, there wouldn't be all this focus on reverse swing.

Gone are the days of 200-300 being a good score.
Nowadays it's bat first and get 550, it's a joke.

And don't give me all this rubbish about averages and great modern players.
When there was grass on a pitch a good test cricketer was happy to average 35-40, it was only outstanding players like Allan Border that averaged anything close to 50.
Now you get dropped if you don't average at least that.

Bench
It has a lot to do with winning at all cost. It's been said that we are very strong in all our bowlers.
So why even think about screwing with the ball.
I still think 12 months was way to long to be banned.

Marcus Trescothink admitted in his book that he used a mint to help swing the ball like crazy when England regained that Ashes in 2005. He also said that they trialed it before the series started. Flintoff was a member of that team.

Mint, lolly, dirt from the pitch.

Carrying sandpaper in your pocket. See the difference.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Mint, lolly, dirt from the pitch.

Carrying sandpaper in your pocket. See the difference.
It's all ball tampering to me. If a mint lolly make the ball swing like crazy, then it is still cheating to me. It was also premeditated too and the whole team was in on it. Sandpaper is used to scratch the ball. A fingernail can be used to scratch the ball.

st shaneoh

Juniors
It's all ball tampering to me. If a mint lolly make the ball swing like crazy, then it is still cheating to me. It was also premeditated too and the whole team was in on it. Sandpaper is used to scratch the ball. A fingernail can be used to scratch the ball.
You sound like an expert in ball tampering

ouryears

Bench
I said that was my last word, however......

Maybe if the powers that be actually left so grass on a wicket occasionally so the ball moved of the pitch for anymore than the first two deliveries, there wouldn't be all this focus on reverse swing.

Gone are the days of 200-300 being a good score.
Nowadays it's bat first and get 550, it's a joke.

And don't give me all this rubbish about averages and great modern players.
When there was grass on a pitch a good test cricketer was happy to average 35-40, it was only outstanding players like Allan Border that averaged anything close to 50.
Now you get dropped if you don't average at least that.
Bests, I can think of a lot of innings Australia have scored under 250, lol

O'Sullivan

Juniors
Unfortunately we were bound to cop it from all quarters, rightly or wrongly, because of two factors. One, we have won regularly, and two, our media has been quick to bag other teams and use the word 'cheat' pretty freely. I suppose another reason is most of the world think many of our players act like dickheads.