What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

#sackgidley

Yosh

Coach
I reckon we should have went for Benji when he was a chance...

Has Trent Hodkinson signed anywhere yet? We need to throw Gidley and Scott's money at him. That's more than enough.

aqua_duck

Coach
Hodkinson would be asking $600k, he's ok playing behind the biggest pack known to man, has been crap last few weeks without those big boppers in front of him, not sure how he'd go behind our powderpuffs

Swarzey

Bench
Hodkinson is basically Mullen 2.0. Plays with a mediocre supporting halve too.

What's the point of playing behind the biggest pack in the game when your time is spent organising and directing the team? Reynolds gets to make the most of it, Hodkinson doesn't. If we were to sign him then it would mean we've got two halves playing the same roles, knowing the same deal and can split the duties 50/50 instead of doing EVERYTHING.

Like pretty much every halfback that's in NSW he's going through a poor patch of form but on his day he's a quality player. It's wishful thinking we could ever sign him but still, it's nice to think about it.

aqua_duck

Coach
Not sure if you watch the same player I do, Hodkinson has a great kicking game is cool under pressure but he hasn't got nearly as much natural ability as Mullen. The guy wasn't anywhere to be seen on his own teams try assists and line break assists stats last year and is basically a guy who does 3 things, kick goals, kick field goals and play abit of first receiver, he is severely lacking in the creativity stakes. Don't get me wrong, he's solid but he's never shown me anything to suggest he's a top shelf half. I think he and Mullen would form a decent halves pairing but behind our powderpuff pack, we'd be very lucky to make the 8.

slotmachine

First Grade
Hodkinson has been exposed massively.

Graham is the dogs real half.

Unfortunate timing really. He was looking for 800k a year and will be lucky to get 500k now.

Frederick

Staff member
Everytime I see that someone has posted in here I keep thinking "omg he's finally gone!"

Then I click on the thread and feel nothing but disappointment.

f**k you all :(

Yosh

Coach
I always thought Hodkinson is the half that Mullen would excel next to. Hodkinson can do all the planning and organizing while Mullen can just run the ball and chime in when he wanted to.