What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scoreline prediction - Warriors / Panthers.

AliN

Live Update Team
Individuals stood up..Faumuina, Latu were the two best I reckon, but we have to play as a team not just individuals.
Back to basics and the rest will follow..
always next wekk I spose 8)

JoeD

First Grade
I thought they didn't play that bad as a team. Individually man on man D was a bit dissappointing (understatement). Things that don't happen very often counted against them as they all came in the same game. A few off the top of my head are: length of the field intercept try, panthers getting the ball back from a kickoff and scoring in the next set o' 6(twice), Latu dropping the ball over the line. Thats four try situations that went against the warriors that were either lucky for the panthers (intercept) or dumb but easily rectified mistakes by the warriors. I know it sounds like a lot of excuses but don't get me wrong, I think the panthers deserved their win, just not by so much and the warriors played better than the scoreline suggested.

I hope next week there is a little bit of consistency in selection - ie the minimum of changes. I think a more settled atmosphere would help the young guys and also the more experienced ones to play their own game without the added pressure of playing for their places. I like Ropati and I hope he gets at least 3-4 more games to show what he can do. Louis Anderson was solid as well and Lauaki started to show what he can do. I like Latu, he shows plenty of commitment for a small fella and will be only get better with more fitness. As long as we keep improving I'm confident we can be in the top 8 by the middle of the season.

Munky

Coach
Waterhouse was absolutely carving up down your left hand side defence.

Was Toopi only playing well at the end because the game was lost and he had plenty of fuel in the tank after his benchwarming and trip to the sheds?

Meth

Staff member
Also, we got some questionable calls, either made or not made, from Clark.

I'm not suggesting that Clark had a definative influence on the result. But sometimes a teams momentum, rhythm and cohesion can be halted by these things.

Latu's 'eye poke' for example....what the????

Kakihara

Juniors
I'm glad you guys think Lauaki was promising cause i thought he was nothing special and looked like all he was trying to do was get into fights and give away penaltys.

Iafeta

Referee
Latu's "high" tackle was the most comical call of 2004. Also, Martin Lang doing a Sydney 2000 High Dive Gold medal performance - with moves like that, and a face like his (IE a hat full of A'holes), best not to go there actually. Also, on that kick off that bounced back, if that was Bill Harrigan it was a Warriors penalty - the camera angle showed quite clearly they were about 3-4 metres offside at the kick off, Clark put his whistle to the mouth and then thought to hell with it. Poor refereeing. The knock on call against Webb in the Campbell tie up was also hillarious.

Not the be all and end all, he was probably worth 10 points to them, but we lost by more thanks to our bad defensive speed and lack of defensive communication. In our 20, we have to wrap players up ball and all, not look for the Mohammad Ali knock out blow. Francis Meli take note.

Credit to Penrith, they were worthy winners. I foresee them getting a bath this week from Easts, but at the moment its a two horse race with possible interference from Melbourne.