What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scott Princess going to the old dart

mn_tibor

Juniors
The question is, why doesn't a club with all of Brisbanes resources have the ability to find an adequate replacement for Lockyer and an improvement from Wallace.

They couldn't find a single halves player between the age of about 18 and 20 in all of Queensland that's good enough?

I think it has been fairly well documented recently that recruiters from all clubs are snapping up Queensland kids so I don't think you can assume they have the pick of Queensland! Maybe in the past but far from it these days.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Any move where Wallace is not at 7 is a good move, there is no point looking for a halfback, we just don't have one. Buy one, and wait till Thurston becomes available, or another top liner. Good signing, happy they didn't stuff it up like Inglis

Pigskin

Juniors
Wallace will play 6, Prince at 7, Norman might get the 1 gig on a more permanent basis. Hoffman who knows.

Hoffman was outstanding beyond belief in 2012 for 10 games, and then fell away in the extreme

I do worry about 2 years for Prince ... injuries and his defence ... but if the price is right not such a bad move

Oink !

miccle

Bench
Prince, hodges and thaiday. We won't be successful in 2013, but should remain nice and hated!

BunniesMan

Immortal
I think it has been fairly well documented recently that recruiters from all clubs are snapping up Queensland kids so I don't think you can assume they have the pick of Queensland! Maybe in the past but far from it these days.
I'm not saying they have a monopoly. Souths for example have taken Luke Keary from under their nose and I think Keary is a star in the making better than any young half at their club. BUT my point is with their football department resources that are literally second to none why are other clubs from all over the country finding legit talented young Queensland halves but they aren't.

Kiwi

First Grade
Wallace will play 6, Prince at 7, Norman might get the 1 gig on a more permanent basis. Hoffman who knows.

Hoffman was outstanding beyond belief in 2012 for 10 games, and then fell away in the extreme

I do worry about 2 years for Prince ... injuries and his defence ... but if the price is right not such a bad move

Oink !

Could we see

1 - Hoffman
2 - Copely
3 - Norman
4 - Hodges
5 - Yow Yeh
6 - Wallace
7 - Prince
8 - McGuire
9 - McCullough
10 - Hannant
11 - Thaiday
12 - Glenn
13 - Parker

14 - Hunt
15 - Reed
16 - Gillett
17 - Hala

Imagine what Prince could do behind that forward pack.

Big Pete

Referee
May also see Norman shift to the fullback role with Hoffman on the wing to keep him in the mix.

I'm also a bit skeptical about it. Like I said, we haven't seen the best of Prince since 2009 & it appears years of injuries have caught up on him.

It could all work out though and who knows, maybe a change of clubs could do him the world of good?

some11

Referee
BUT my point is with their football department resources that are literally second to none why are other clubs from all over the country finding legit talented young Queensland halves but they aren't.

Well maybe they aren't second to none... Broncos aren't the club they used to be you know.

Only premierships suffice and we're on a 6 year long drought... again. tongue firmly in cheek

Last edited:

Billythekid

First Grade
May also see Norman shift to the fullback role with Hoffman on the wing to keep him in the mix.

I'm also a bit skeptical about it. Like I said, we haven't seen the best of Prince since 2009 & it appears years of injuries have caught up on him.

It could all work out though and who knows, maybe a change of clubs could do him the world of good?

It definitely looks that way but i still feel like he lost a bit of his passion at the titans (and the long 5 year deal probably didn't help). He will never regain his top form but i think he could go alright.

Frankly it's hard to see him being any worse than Wallace.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
It doesn't really matter what anyone says about Princes condition, he is a shitload better option at Halfback then Wallace was, and I'd gladly have him on the cheap for 2 years then suffer another season like we did this year.

Kiwi

First Grade
a truly awful signing for the broncos... their fall from grace is really quite refreshing.
it's not like the broncos were stupid enough to sign someone like Orford.....now that would a fall from grace for any club...oh wait

Juju

Juniors
It doesn't really matter what anyone says about Princes condition, he is a shitload better option at Halfback then Wallace was, and I'd gladly have him on the cheap for 2 years then suffer another season like we did this year.
On the cheap?