What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2017 predictions

Gazzamatta

Coach
Where will we finish? 3rd then progress to GF.

Best player? Corey Norman

Biggest disappointment? Josh Hoffman

First rookie to make NRL debut? Scott Schulte

Surprise packet? Kirisome Auva

Breakout year? Bevan French

Best retention? Kirisome Auva

Biggest name we let go? Isaac DeGoise

Biggest signing? Garreth Widdop

Kornstar

Coach
Where will we finish? 10th

Best player? French

Biggest disappointment? Corey Norman

First rookie to make NRL debut? Tuha

Surprise packet? Hoffman

Breakout year? Edwards

Best retention? No one significant

Biggest name we let go? Brown

Biggest signing? Josh Mansour

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Where will we finish?
6th

Best player?

Norman

Biggest disappointment?

King and Fogarty

First rookie to make NRL debut?

NFI, maybe Schulte or Twal

Surprise packet?
Frank Pritchard

Breakout year?
Kaysa Pritchard

Best retention?

Moeroa or Dargan

Biggest name we let go?

Scott

Biggest signing?

James Graham

Noise

Coach
I know it's only round 5 but So many merkins predicting a top 8/top 4 finish. I think only three of us had us outside the 8.

I know it's only round 5 but So many merkins predicting a top 8/top 4 finish. I think only three of us had us outside the 8.

i think by the end of july there will be at least six teams all fighting for those four spots at the bottom of the eight hopefully we will be one of them

Chipmunk

Coach
i think by the end of july there will be at least six teams all fighting for those four spots at the bottom of the eight hopefully we will be one of them

I think there will be 8 teams fighting for the last 2. There might be a couple more teams in that group for a couple more position, but they're going to make it without too much of a 'fight'

Kornstar

Coach

I was completely wrong, i had 10th.......should have had us somewhere between 13 and 16.

Bazal

Post Whore

I predicted bottom half of the 8 and I still think we're good enough to get there. There are probably 8 sides who could make up that last 4 in the finals and we're in that pack. Whether we're good a make a meaningful impact or not is another question.

I also predicted Kaysa to be the biggest disappointment and that looks pretty spot on right now....

Chipmunk

Coach
I predicted bottom half of the 8 and I still think we're good enough to get there. There are probably 8 sides who could make up that last 4 in the finals and we're in that pack. Whether we're good a make a meaningful impact or not is another question.

I also predicted Kaysa to be the biggest disappointment and that looks pretty spot on right now....

I think there's 15 teams that could fill those last 4 spots, with 7 teams more of a chance. Obviously 4 of them will fill the first 4 spots though, but at least 3 of the other 8 are going to fill the last 4.

Noise

Coach

Yep, spot on. Did you know the smartest poster on here predicted Kaysa would have a breakout year?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Where will we finish?

Top 4.

Best player?

Corey Norman, he will also win the Dally M

Biggest disappointment?

Michael Jennings

First rookie to make NRL debut?

Jamal Fogarty

Surprise packet?

Nathan Brown

Breakout year?

Nathan Brown

Best retention?

Tepai Moeroa

Biggest name we let go?

Michael Jennings

Biggest signing?

David Nofoaluma
Still think we will finish 4th and that Corey Norman will win the Dally M, you silly old bi polar merkin? ;)

Forty20

First Grade
Yeah, still possible that they can get into the 8. You can f**k around for half a season and still make the 8.

Hell, the NRL loves mediocrity. It helps build the underdog post-season story lines we all adore. Parramatta, New Zealand and Canberra have all livened up modern day finals series with improbable runs from a lowly seeding.

Chipmunk

Coach
I think we're still as much chance of making the Top 8 as what we were at the start of the season.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Hell, the NRL loves mediocrity. It helps build the underdog post-season story lines we all adore. Parramatta, New Zealand and Canberra have all livened up modern day finals series with improbable runs from a lowly seeding.
Indeed. Its what most people want to see and the NRL know this.

I'm probably in the minority but I think consistent good form throughout the season should be more highly coveted. I know it wouldn't generate the same income for the NRL but I still think Top 5 was about right. I personally don't like the idea that a team can dick around and still play finals footy with a 50% win record and make a GF or Preliminary Final of the back of some late season form.

People talk about us being 'robbed' in 2009 but look at it the other way - we were lucky that half the teams get to play in the finals otherwise we would have been spectators.

Latest posts