What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Second Test :: 17th - 21st October :: India vs Australia @ Mohali

Second test result :: India vs Australia

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jobdog

Live Update Team
secondtestindvsaus.jpg

Indian team:
MS Dhoni (captain), Gautam Ghambir, Virender Sehwag, Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar, VVS Laxman, Sourav Ganguly, Harbhajan Singh, Amit Mishra, Ishant Sharma, Zaheer Khan​

Australian team:
Ricky Ponting (captain), Matthew Hayden, Simon Katich, Mike Hussey, Michael Clarke, Shane Watson, Brad Haddin, Cameron White, Brett Lee, Mitchell Johnson, Peter Siddle​

All pre, during and post match discussion in here guys.​

Cheers.​

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member
Must be a concern about Anil playing, if he doesnt India may just bring in another paceman

Im not too sure Dhoni should be the captain, after pulling out of the SL series due to tiredness
there is no guarantee that wont happen again

though who do you give it too? Sehwag?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
they have plenty of contenders

Tendulker, Dravid, Gangles, before they all retire.

Looks like Kumble is retiring prematurely

HevyDevy

Coach
Harby has always set a fine example for his teammates with his wonderful sportsmanship and complete lack of racial intolerance.

Maybe he should get the nod?

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Stuey Clark confirmed out.

Ninemsn.com.au

Stuart Clark ruled out of Second Test
19:33 AEST Thu Oct 16 2008

Australia were struck a serious blow on the eve of the Second Test against India at the PCA Stadium after paceman Stuart Clark was ruled out due to the inflamed elbow he picked up in the first match.

Clark's failure to prove his recovery from the niggling complaint means a first Test cap for 23-year-old Victorian Peter Siddle, who has impressed all observers within and without the touring squad with his wholehearted efforts in India.

"Stuart Clark suffered elbow pain in the first Test. This has ruled him out of the Second Test," Australian team physio Alex Kountouris said.

"He will receive treatment over the coming days and his progress will be monitored."
Skipper Ricky Ponting said Siddle would be well and truly up to the task on Friday, becoming Australia's third debutant in as many Tests after Cameron White in Bangalore and the seemingly forgotten Beau Casson in Barbados.

Siddle has only played 12 first-class matches in his life, but won over Australia's selectors by taking nine wickets in unforgiving conditions during the Sheffield Shield final in Sydney earlier this year.

His main question mark is a bowling shoulder that was operated on after that match, and which still affects his throwing from the outfield.

"He doesn't think too much about the outside distractions," said Ponting.

"I've looked at him pretty closely since I've been here and been very impressed with him. I don't think it will affect him too much.

"As far as his bowling goes he's ready, he's still a little restricted with his outfield throwing, but what he can give us with the ball is a real bonus for the side.
"He's got good pace, good presence, will keep running in for you.

"A no-nonsense sort of guy and no-nonsense sort of bowler and you can't ask for any more than that."

Indian captain Anil Kumble also enters the match under a heavy fitness cloud, and in his pre-match press conference freely admitted he did not know if he or someone else - probably wicketkeeper Mahendra Dhoni - would be tossing the coin on Friday.
"It's 24 hours before the match, so we'll just wait and see how it responds," he said.

"It's a lot better than what it was yesterday."

Kumble said the potential loss of Clark would be a sizeable blow to Australia's chances.

"Fitness concerns are there in both camps," he said.

"He's definitely a key bowler, if you look back at the last few matches he's played, he's had a wonderful record."

Probable teams
India: Anil Kumble (capt), Gautam Gambhir, Virender Sehwag, Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar, VVS Laxman, Sourav Ganguly, Mahendra Dhoni, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan, Ishant Sharma, Amit Mishra (12th man).

Australia: Ricky Ponting (capt), Matthew Hayden, Simon Katich, Mike Hussey, Michael Clarke, Shane Watson, Brad Haddin, Cameron White, Brett Lee, Mitchell Johnson, Peter Siddle, Jason Krejza (12th man).

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Dhoni has won the toss and India will bat first.

Changes to the sides:

India - Kumble out, Mishra in

Australia - Clark out, Siddle in

Bazal

Post Whore
sh*t start from Lee....then Siddle canes Ghambir in the back of the head first ball :crazy:

why the hell was peter siddle selected over the player of the year, the leading wicket taker and the number one bowler in one day cricket? ...

HevyDevy

Coach
I'm baffled too.

I would have thought either Bollinger or Bracken were the obvious options, but of course Locky reckons Siddle is the man - and we're seeing the result of Locky's opinions already.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Siddle has looked better than Lee and Johnson so far, this pitch looks an absolute road. We need Sehwag soon or this could be all over in a hurry.....

Has the One Day series started early? India scoring at 5 an over on the first day of a Test Match. :crazy:

Already this pitch looks like it will produce a draw. Its as flat as a freeway. If it doesn't take spin, this Test will see both teams score 500 first innings and then it will lul into batting practice for the last couple of days. I know its only early but this pitch will have to change drastically if we are going to see one side bowl the other out twice on it.

HevyDevy

Coach
Johnson picks up a wicket with a shocking delivery - I'll take it though.

Rabbit, I think most people on here agree with that sentiment.

It's a very, very poor looking bowling attack for this Test, especially with Lee not at his best.

Latest posts