What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SEMI OT: Sock it to me

Ads

First Grade
Because its NOT a shitload easier to get to for everyone.
We would also lose every asset we have. and then have to pay rent for the rest of the tenure of the club.
There would also be no leagues club next to the stadium.
Yeah it actually would be a lot easier for anyone that doesn’t live from Caringbah to Cronulla. You know, most of the shire.

Eion

First Grade
Because its NOT a shitload easier to get to for everyone.
We would also lose every asset we have. and then have to pay rent for the rest of the tenure of the club.
There would also be no leagues club next to the stadium.
It’ll make no sense to have our leagues club where it is if we play out of lotus either. We would have to move out of Woolooware lock stock and barrel.

A move out there doesn’t suit me personally, but there’s a hell of a lot to it to see if it makes sense commercially.

Dont live in the shire.
So no.
Mate dont you live at Penshurst?
A quick check of the train timetable says it takes 16mins from Penshurst to Loftus.
Penshurst to Woolooware is 25 mins, plus an extended walk.
Driving could be a little different but I dont get the negative. Not having a go, just would like to hear the reasoning .

Just on a side note,
About 8 years ago that fella Reefy suggested a new stadium be bulit at Loftus and the development of the land where thw ground is now.
By memory, most people shot the idea down.
He sure was a thinker that bloke

M2D2

Bench
Penshurst?

You’re in Coventry M2D2.

With bubby.

LOL
What?

Train it would be easier, car it would be not.
Plus it also has to be approved by Tafe NSW & the uni as they have demolish those buildings.
Not sure that will happen anyways.
Selling up everything to move would be a massive mistake.

What?

Plus it also has to be approved by Tafe NSW & the uni as they have demolish those buildings.
Why?

Frenzy.

Immortal
What?

Poor use of quote function

shaggs

Coach
If the club had its time again, Sutherland oval should have remained the home ground and developed into a stadium over time. Leagues club where the Sus club is.
I’m talking 50 years ago
Two minute walk to the ground from the train. Stop at the club on the way.
Parking would have been an issue, but if planned properly that could have been sorted.

Then again, the land ain’t there to redevelop like is happening now.

Card Shark

Immortal
If the club had its time again, Sutherland oval should have remained the home ground and developed into a stadium over time. Leagues club where the Sus club is.
I’m talking 50 years ago
Two minute walk to the ground from the train. Stop at the club on the way.
Parking would have been an issue, but if planned properly that could have been sorted.

Then again, the land ain’t there to redevelop like is happening now.

I hear what you are saying but I think the opportunity to own the land on the bay has been our saviour.

Don’t mess with tradition.

Don’t relinquish control.

Don’t separate where you play footy to where your leagues Club is.

Keep the Club unique.

Be patient for the Grand Plan to take place and how it would make the Leagues Club so much more relevant, modern and profitable.

Don’t trust the Chinese.

Last edited:
good that we have signed an MOU with them to play some games
as to loftus...if it gets built and if the league decide we have to play there...better we have a good relationship with the southern Sydney craig foster technical than not.

ultimately if this gets greenlit and built, us and the dragons will be playing there. you watch

Frenzy.

Immortal
good that we have signed an MOU with them to play some games
as to loftus...if it gets built and if the league decide we have to play there...better we have a good relationship with the southern Sydney craig foster technical than not.

ultimately if this gets greenlit and built, us and the dragons will be playing there. you watch

And possibly merged