What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SEMI OT: Sock it to me

I would have to see the business case and cost benefit analysis.

Personally I have an attachment to Shark Park, don't mind the hour plus drive and 10 mins walk from my parking spot.

I thought that the big win for us would be the soccer team playing all their games at Shark Park, additional income from the asset that sits empty for much of the year and a bit of flow on benefit to the leagues club.

Ads

First Grade
I would have to see the business case and cost benefit analysis.

Personally I have an attachment to Shark Park, don't mind the hour plus drive and 10 mins walk from my parking spot.

I thought that the big win for us would be the soccer team playing all their games at Shark Park, additional income from the asset that sits empty for much of the year and a bit of flow on benefit to the leagues club.
Was looking that way but if they do actually have this Chinese backing to build a 300m stadium down the road we would be stupid to not look at it. 300m gets them a seriously good stadium.

Was looking that way but if they do actually have this Chinese backing to build a 300m stadium down the road we would be stupid to not look at it. 300m gets them a seriously good stadium.
Yep and no outlay from us. More development area.
The club would be silly to not at least entertain the idea of moving, yet still stay in the shire.
Someone on the nrl forum actually made a good point about it probably making the nrl finals criteria too.
I understand peoples emotion towards Endeavour, and i have those emotions too but as Rusty Crowes Band pointed out in the nrl forum, if the NRL decide that Shark Park isnt up to standard anymore, and lets face it that could happen at anytime, where would you rather go, SFS or Loftus?
Its all a moot point until the A-League decides on its expansion. Even saying that just doesn't seem right. They should be following us.

Yep and no outlay from us. More development area.
The club would be silly to not at least entertain the idea of moving, yet still stay in the shire.
Someone on the nrl forum actually made a good point about it probably making the nrl finals criteria too.
I understand peoples emotion towards Endeavour, and i have those emotions too but as Rusty Crowes Band pointed out in the nrl forum, if the NRL decide that Shark Park isnt up to standard anymore, and lets face it that could happen at anytime, where would you rather go, SFS or Loftus?
Its all a moot point until the A-League decides on its expansion. Even saying that just doesn't seem right. They should be following us.

So, in the short term I see the timeline being this

A League decides on expansion.
CFT's get the bid. Rejoice Southern Area. now theres a new Sydney team which can double as the gong team
The team and W League team...(Craig Foster Technicals) will play at Shark Park, Dribilee and the Gong for 2-3 years. Then the stadium ill start construction so you are looking at a further 18 months.
The soccer team moves in
someone from the NRL goes to a match there in the offseason. gets a stadium boner
rumblings about moving start

Quigs

Immortal
Don't trust the NRL one bit if this proposal is adopted.

They'll f**k us at the first available opportunity. We hold all the cards at the present moment.

Card Shark

Immortal
Don't trust the NRL one bit if this proposal is adopted.

They'll f**k us at the first available opportunity. We hold all the cards at the present moment.

Yes, they’d be disappointed with our success at the moment.