What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Wests Tigers merge their lower grades?

Should Wests Tigers merge their lower grades?

• Yes, Merge Balmain and Western Suburbs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, Tigger doesn't know what he is talking about.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Swampdonkey

Juniors
I am very against this.....

The only reason i am putting this up is due to a post by Tigger on the Mark O'Neill subject where he suggested that most people who have embraced the Wests Tigers no longer care about their former club be it Wests or Balmain.

As a Wests Tigers fan, do you still support the lower grades of either Wests or Balmain or would you prefer to see the club merge all of it's grades?

tigger

Juniors
what you have done will prove nothing, as the people that are going to answer this are going to be untruthful just so they can say i was wrong. I will drag up the threads when i have time.

Swampdonkey

Juniors
You can say that about anything Tigger, but fact of the matter is i think you are wrong.

You think there are alot of people being untruthful on this website, why do you waste your time with a bunch of liars?

If you can prove that what your saying is true then whilst i would be extremely disappointed, i will be the first to admit that i am wrong.

At this stage though, i refuse to believe that the Balmain and Wests supporters would want their teams to merge all grades. For the same reason as saving Leichhardt Oval, there is too much tradition.....

innsaneink

Referee
tigger said:
what you have done will prove nothing, as the people that are going to answer this are going to be untruthful just so they can say i was wrong. I will drag up the threads when i have time.
Dont need to prove youre wrong...everybody already knows that.

Man you really have big problems....
You seem to be suffering some sort of paranoia here, along with...

tigger said:
what pisse me off is a lot of you JV supporters have forgotten where you came from
tigger said:
most of you JV supporters would wish to the Magpies & Balmain to disappear.
....a bad case of knowing everyone elses business.

The fact that other people having a different outlook on things annoys you is cause for concern.
Seek professional advise fast.

brook

First Grade
Anyone who's spent time on the official club forum would know that every month or so (at least) someone brings up the 'why we should merge the lower grades' debate

and its normally the same handful of people arguing against it while the vast majority say that we should.

Thankfully a greater proportion of those who disagree are actually members of the clubs so its us that have the power ;-)

Gus22

Juniors
Absolutely not!
Had they not kept the Balmain & Wests as seperate identities in PL then I don't think the JV would have been agreed to in the first place.

simon says

First Grade
No thanks.I like my Balmain and Wests separate at PL.........

Not to mention twice the juniors.

tigger

Juniors
They don't, but you may hear the term 'power of suggestion' sometime after your 12th birthday Junior.

super_coach

First Grade
the old chestnut keeps comming back---from a football lover NO-just great to see the traditions live on
but the accountant and marketing dept say YES--1 club stronger team less overheads etc etc
but with more teams,more spots for the young talent to shine
we are starting to go forward leave things alone and let us old folk still see tigers and magpies--like the old days

tigerdan

Juniors
beleive it or not i have changed my stance and actually like us being seperate in the lower grades, twice the players comin through. yes i do support balmain and wests in the lower grades so tigger your wrong again

oro

Juniors
brook said:
Anyone who's spent time on the official club forum would know that every month or so (at least) someone brings up the 'why we should merge the lower grades' debate

and its normally the same handful of people arguing against it while the vast majority say that we should.

Thankfully a greater proportion of those who disagree are actually members of the clubs so its us that have the power ;-)

Well said Brook!

Separate lower grades.

westie

Bench
tigger said:
They don't, but you may hear the term 'power of suggestion' sometime after your 12th birthday Junior.

Perhaps you and Balmain would throw it all in now but some how I cant see Western Suburbs giving up again.

King Tigerman

Juniors
but the question is not should it happen but will it happen & the answer will definately be no & im not talking about the nostalgic reasons i think having 2 teams in reserve grade (2 strong reserve grade teams) is a bonus & if we merged them we would definately lose a lot of promising young players

tigger

Juniors
tigerdan said:
beleive it or not i have changed my stance and actually like us being seperate in the lower grades, twice the players comin through. yes i do support balmain and wests in the lower grades so tigger your wrong again

Ohhhhhhh, how convenient!!!!! will you change back after the poll finishes!

tigger

Juniors
King Tigerman said:
but the question is not should it happen but will it happen & the answer will definately be no & im not talking about the nostalgic reasons i think having 2 teams in reserve grade (2 strong reserve grade teams) is a bonus & if we merged them we would definately lose a lot of promising young players

We only have one :lol:

gr8_1

Juniors
I think right now isn't the time.

It will happen in the future when the new breed are running and supporting the team.

BJ

Juniors
i used to think that bring the two teams would help with the success of the club.. i know the club isn't as successful at this stage as we would like it.. but it's well on the way..
we now have plethera of juniours ready to take that step up and have made their way into the top team.. i guess we'll never be short of players with this scenario..
there's positives and negatives for both cases and if it ever does come under discussion at board level it won't be an easy decision to make