What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Wests Tigers merge their lower grades?

• Yes, Merge Balmain and Western Suburbs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, Tigger doesn't know what he is talking about.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tigerdan

Juniors
tigger said:
tigerdan said:
beleive it or not i have changed my stance and actually like us being seperate in the lower grades, twice the players comin through. yes i do support balmain and wests in the lower grades so tigger your wrong again

Ohhhhhhh, how convenient!!!!! will you change back after the poll finishes!
no i wouldnt, with the way things are going atm i dont see any reason (anymore) to merge the lower grades. i havnt changed my stance towards ppl who want to destroy the merger, i dont think your 1 of those ppl anymore tigger u r just a burnt out fire

Swampdonkey

Juniors
tigger said:
tigerdan said:
beleive it or not i have changed my stance and actually like us being seperate in the lower grades, twice the players comin through. yes i do support balmain and wests in the lower grades so tigger your wrong again

If nothing else Tigger, your views are good for a laugh.....

Noticing a bit of support for Balmain and Wests to stand alone in the lower grades....Ohhhhhhhhhhhh what a surprise.....

I know your going to keep coming back and saying that everyone is lying just to prove you wrong, but if that's the case, then break out the proof Tigger, i am sure everyone is keen for a good read....

tigerdan

Juniors
Swampdonkey said:
tigger said:
tigerdan said:

If nothing else Tigger, your views are good for a laugh.....

Noticing a bit of support for Balmain and Wests to stand alone in the lower grades....Ohhhhhhhhhhhh what a surprise.....

I know your going to keep coming back and saying that everyone is lying just to prove you wrong, but if that's the case, then break out the proof Tigger, i am sure everyone is keen for a good read....
ill admitt that i was strongly for the lower grades to merge a while ago, but things change and atm we are getting alot more from 2 teams

Eddie.

Bench
Keep it the way it is for tradition and for moving forward

the likes of Farah, Bronson, Halatua, Gibbs, Lima, Vaine show that there is nothing wrong with our junior development.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Swampdonkey said:

No.

1 - We need tradition
2 - More players and more games to watch to those interested.

However, I must say it's been years since I've given a stuff about anything below NRL level. PL is most un-entertaining these days and whenever I watch a PL game it yawns me to the moon.

bonstonker

Juniors
brook said:
Anyone who's spent time on the official club forum would know that every month or so (at least) someone brings up the 'why we should merge the lower grades' debate

and its normally the same handful of people arguing against it while the vast majority say that we should.

Thankfully a greater proportion of those who disagree are actually members of the clubs so its us that have the power ;-)

that is not the way i remember it.
yes ,there were people who wanted the lower grades to merge,but i always felt the majority didn't.

the most surprising poll was when people were asked if there was a chance both teams could stand alone in first grade would you support that move or keep it as wests tigers.

and the majority did seem to support keeping it as wests tigers.
i remember being one of the very few who wanted balmain to be a single entity again if we could be financially viable.

good luck finding those threads tigger
:lol: :roll:

oro

Juniors
innsaneink said:
tigger said:
what you have done will prove nothing, as the people that are going to answer this are going to be untruthful just so they can say i was wrong. I will drag up the threads when i have time.
Dont need to prove youre wrong...everybody already knows that.

Man you really have big problems....
You seem to be suffering some sort of paranoia here, along with...

tigger said:
what pisse me off is a lot of you JV supporters have forgotten where you came from
tigger said:
most of you JV supporters would wish to the Magpies & Balmain to disappear.
....a bad case of knowing everyone elses business.

The fact that other people having a different outlook on things annoys you is cause for concern.
Seek professional advise fast.

The fact that tigger has a “different outlook on things” annoys you!

And in keeping with your logic, isn’t this cause for concern?

By extension, doesn’t that mean that anyone with a “different outlook on things” than you is “cause for concern” and should “seek professional advise (sic) fast”

And the question remains, “What are the idiots thinking?”

What makes me laugh is that you all talk about "tradition" but you sold your soul for $8 mill and now you have nothing!

Like it or not you have a Super League team that Murdoch wanted, and you even play in a Super League wannabe jersey! :lol:

The Wombat

Juniors
have to agree with hph--both balmain and wests sold out and now have nothing but the shell of a club. no heart, no pride, nothing. shame that.

Miracle Balls

Juniors
Henson Park Hornets said:
What makes me laugh is that you all talk about "tradition" but you sold your soul for $8 mill and now you have nothing!

Like it or not you have a Super League team that Murdoch wanted, and you even play in a Super League wannabe jersey! :lol:

Yeah, and in front of 15,000 home crowds and hundreds of thousands more on TV. BTW, how have the chook raffles at Henson been going lately?

The Wombat

Juniors
Miracle Balls said:

Yeah, and in front of 15,000 home crowds and hundreds of thousands more on TV. BTW, how have the chook raffles at Henson been going lately?

wasnt it ONE game with a crowd of 14,000? how could we forget the 4,000 that showed up last year for the bronco game?

BJ

Juniors
The Wombat said:
have to agree with hph--both balmain and wests sold out and now have nothing but the shell of a club. no heart, no pride, nothing. shame that.

no heart? no pride?
try telling that to the players that run on the field week in week out.. skando, buckets, senter.. you think they have no heart and are only in it for the money..
what about the juniours coming through you think they have no heart? once they trade their balmain jersey or magpies jersey in for a wests tigers jersey and get their chance to play top grade footy you don't think they are greatful?
how about players that were shunned by their old clubs and came to make a go of it here.. brett hodgson has been playing in good form.. pat richards would be greatful.. albeit for injury i'm sure he is thankful for the wests tigers coming along.. how about sattler.. he plays with pride for our club..
there's pride and heart and beleif in the wests tigers..
jsut unfortunate that not everyone can see that and are living in the past

Swampdonkey

Juniors

Your team was a victim of the demographic shifts that have occured within Sydney as the population developed and so are our teams, the only difference is our clubs opted to merge for varying reasons. But from a supporters point of view it has provided us with the option of being able to follow a first grade side, for those not interested in that then there is always the option to follow the premier league sides from the original clubs.

From where i am sitting we are in the same boat as Newtown supporters, but with an option to follow a club that has a 50% stake in a club that plays in the NRL.

If you want to look into it any further and suggest that we are sell outs and super league wannabees, which i am sure you probably do, then that's your opinion. But personally, i still love to follow the Balmain side in premier league, but it is great to be able to have a bit of heart for a side in the first grade competition as well.

mikey

Juniors
Can you all take your Prozac now so we can get some topics of interest happening?

I don't believe how you all fall for the old 'let's get rid of the lower grades' chestnut.

Get over it, it will never happen.

mikey

Juniors
Can you all take your Prozac now so we can get some topics of interest happening?

I don't believe how you all fall for the old 'let's get rid of the lower grades' chestnut as soon as some mug brings it up.

Get over it, it will never happen.

Please ignore the next clown who mentions it.

innsaneink

Referee
oro said:
innsaneink said:
tigger said:
what you have done will prove nothing, as the people that are going to answer this are going to be untruthful just so they can say i was wrong. I will drag up the threads when i have time.
Dont need to prove youre wrong...everybody already knows that.

Man you really have big problems....
You seem to be suffering some sort of paranoia here, along with...

tigger said:
what pisse me off is a lot of you JV supporters have forgotten where you came from
tigger said:
most of you JV supporters would wish to the Magpies & Balmain to disappear.
....a bad case of knowing everyone elses business.

The fact that other people having a different outlook on things annoys you is cause for concern.
Seek professional advise fast.

The fact that tigger has a “different outlook on things” annoys you!

And in keeping with your logic, isn’t this cause for concern?

By extension, doesn’t that mean that anyone with a “different outlook on things” than you is “cause for concern” and should “seek professional advise (sic) fast”

And the question remains, “What are the idiots thinking?”

No....it bores me shitless....where did I say it annoys me, Stanley?

As for....
innsaneink said:
“What are the idiots thinking?”
....seeing as i was referring to these d!ckheads at the Penrith game
Gr8-1 said:
It's bad enough going to Penrith Stadium and having a bloke behind me in a Balmain jersey singing Wests Tigers sux. Then walking out of the ground and a bunch of d1ckh3ads walking up the street singing balmain songs.... like hellooooooooooooo Balmain werent playing on Friday night.... Panther fans would be thinking what the hell is goin on at the JV ... embaressing ! Then coming on here and having a fruitloop carrying it on ....
Gobbso said:
As i was lining up and walking into the ground, i expereinced the same crap you did mate. In my opinion and as said as that may be, for every good Wests Tigers fan, there's 2 friggin' idiots that call themselves supporters, who are doing more harm than good to the Joint-Venture club. Wearing Balmain and Wests Tiger jerseys, they were carrying on like fools. Sh#t like "we're hear to watch the Tigers win, the mighty Balmain Tigers. Balmain to win, F#ck Wests, Just the Tigers" It was embarrasing. And yes Gr8_1, you can only stop and think, what opposition fans must think?
.....and seeing as I've asked you twice now if you find this behaviour unnacepptable....and twice youve ignored the question...I'll safely assume that you DO find that behaviour accepptable, and were more
than likely one of those said d!ckheads yourself, so you tell us.................
..................."what are the idiots thinking?"

Oh, yeah thanks for pointing out my mis-spelling of advice. :roll:
I'll just go hang my head in shame now. :cry: