What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signing News

possm

Coach
If Klemmer rumour is true that he's asked for release from his contract I would throw $3.5m over 4 years at him - more than capable replacement for Packer! Make it happen Dousr
Given that Vaughan is on 600k and Packer reportedly left for a 700k x 4ry contract, I think Klemmer would be in the 700k bracket.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Raelene Castle has denied the release rumours so I would say that settles it for now.
It might be a little more interesting if he was off contract next year, but he still has three more years on his contract, it'll be too messy.

However, all scenarios considered, if he does leave the Bulldogs, he would be the one we want to replace Packer. Kerr and Lawrie can make their transition into First Grade off the bench. Let them force their way into the starting side rather than throwing them in the deep end.

Last edited:
Klemmer isn't going no where so I have no idea why people bring up his name as a signing.

Kasiano if he signs with the Storm then that helps the Dogs.

mickeylane

Bench
Klemmer isn't going no where so I have no idea why people bring up his name as a signing.

Kasiano if he signs with the Storm then that helps the Dogs.
You obviously missed today's news where the story has broken that Klemmer was rumoured to want a release from his last 3 years!

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Just on our prop forwards, I heard on 2SM "talking shit" program....a Dragons fan/listener saying there is strong talk that Leeson Ah Mau's knee is a chronic injury & he will be released at this seasons end. Has anyone else heard anything along these lines as the bloke seemed to have some insight within and claimed the likes of Kerr & Lawrie were being groomed to step up in 2018.

Bs i would say

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I know this has been mooted for some time now (I heard this rumour back in January) but have you seen or read anything new?

Was offered from tigers quite a while ago.
We have made a offer so see what happens.
Have not seen anything to say he has taken there offer
But tripple mmm said he has.
But what do they known

Dragsters

First Grade
Was offered from tigers quite a while ago.
We have made a offer so see what happens.
Have not seen anything to say he has taken there offer
But tripple mmm said he has.
But what do they known

Thanks samy.

It's good to know that we have made him an offer at least.

I think he could be anything in the years to come.

They are salivating at the prospect of getting him on the tigpies forum.

Hope he stays...

Coffs dragon

Bench
Confirmed on Foxsports site that Milne has signed to play at the Tigers in 2018 alongside Packer. Maybe the Tigers Recruitment see him as a centre rather than a bench player!! Another one bites the dust.

possm

Coach
Confirmed on Foxsports site that Milne has signed to play at the Tigers in 2018 alongside Packer. Maybe the Tigers Recruitment see him as a centre rather than a bench player!! Another one bites the dust.
Time will tell the wisdom of Millward on this one. We have seen Gagai signed by Souths on a reported 700k similar to Dugans cnetre pay. Milne would have come in at approx. 300k. Let's see how long before he is too worth 700k.

So it is Aitken and Herbert fighting for the right centre position. I truely hope it works out well because cutting Dugan and Milne our two best right centres at the Club is a very big gamble.

mickeylane

Bench
IMO Dragons 2018 Backline

1. Field or Nightingale
2. Johnstone
3. Lafai
4. Aitken or Mann
5. McDonald

6. Widdop
7. Hunt

possm

Coach
IMO Dragons 2018 Backline

1. Field or Nightingale
2. Johnstone
3. Lafai
4. Aitken or Mann
5. McDonald

6. Widdop
7. Hunt
Dufty/Field
Macdonald
Lafai
Aitken/Herbert
Nightingale/?
Widdop
Hunt

I see Dufty getting first jump for the fullback position but given a rest after about 3 rounds and Field playing the next 3 or 4 rounds before Dufty being given another shot etc.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Time will tell the wisdom of Millward on this one. We have seen Gagai signed by Souths on a reported 700k similar to Dugans cnetre pay. Milne would have come in at approx. 300k. Let's see how long before he is too worth 700k.

So it is Aitken and Herbert fighting for the right centre position. I truely hope it works out well because cutting Dugan and Milne our two best right centres at the Club is a very big gamble.

Possm
They offered more .
He not a junior he is good player but if this means keeping mann.
I will be happy.
We have herbert who is ready now and garrick who is also close so no problem.
You can't keep them all.