What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SKD......

Nathan Brown may have dodged a bullet.

If he was all the Knights could get they need to save the money and invest in youth. You'd be better off signing five Fijian kids for a pie and coke (bad choice of words in this thread) per game in the hope at least one would end up being better than SKD, which would be a fair bet.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Reeks of NRL inconsistency. As usual

I’m not sure how people don’t get this yet. The NRL is more concerned about it’s image when it comes to off-field incidents. Is drink driving a sh*t thing to do? Abso-f*cking-lutely. But sadly it’s an everyday occurrence that happens so often that it has it’s own dedicated TV series. It’s news for a day maybe.

But things like p*ssing in your own mouth, illicit drugs, simulating sex with dogs, one-punch killers, beating your missus...etc it ain’t normal. NRL punishments are dictated by how much negative press it attracts not the seriousness of the offence.

nick87

Coach
What are you on about. The sharks players got zero weeks from the NRL.
ASADA imposed the suspension which stopped them playing an organised sport that follows the asada and wada protocols.

I'm taking about NRL imposed bans you dope.

I couldn't give a f**k who is handing out the suspensions. Your club won a competition with players who by all rights should have still be suspended for their use of Performance Enhancing Drugs! Haha
Shark fans need to just sit in the corner and put a sock in it when it comes to players not being adequately punished haha

shaggs

Coach
I couldn't give a f**k who is handing out the suspensions. Your club won a competition with players who by all rights should have still be suspended for their use of Performance Enhancing Drugs! Haha
Shark fans need to just sit in the corner and put a sock in it when it comes to players not being adequately punished haha
No one gets 5 years for PEDs

Generalzod

Immortal
Where they tested positive for using performance enchancing drugs??? still crying over Cronulla's premiership win.

Glenn

First Grade
Once again Greenberg becomes Mr Invisible, when something happens to the detriment of the game.
Nothing condeming the actions of SKD? Really Todd..

Travitoh

First Grade
I’m not sure how people don’t get this yet. The NRL is more concerned about it’s image when it comes to off-field incidents. Is drink driving a sh*t thing to do? Abso-f*cking-lutely. But sadly it’s an everyday occurrence that happens so often that it has it’s own dedicated TV series. It’s news for a day maybe.

But things like p*ssing in your own mouth, illicit drugs, simulating sex with dogs, one-punch killers, beating your missus...etc it ain’t normal. NRL punishments are dictated by how much negative press it attracts not the seriousness of the offence.

So the media dictates what is a big deal and what isn't? Bullshit. DUI should be punished hard, whether it makes the news or not. Majority of the other acts you mention harm nobody but the offenders pride, that's it. It's a pathetic line to draw based on what the media wants to report.

Eion

First Grade
Wow, you must have really enjoyed seeing the sharks continue on and win the whole thing after molesting Ricky, your team and your happy clappy fans with half a team.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
So the media dictates what is a big deal and what isn't? Bullshit. DUI should be punished hard, whether it makes the news or not. Majority of the other acts you mention harm nobody but the offenders pride, that's it. It's a pathetic line to draw based on what the media wants to report.

I said that's how it is not how it should be.

But at the end of the day, it's up to the courts to punish criminal acts.

Chimp

Bench
Surely the NRL will be testing him today to see if it's still in his system. Or are they happy to bury their heads in the sand and pretend like he hasn't taken any, just possessed it for the fun of it..
As far as I'm aware, the 2 strikes rule only counts for 'out of competition' - testing positive for coke 'in season' is a 2 year ban (See Wendell Sailor).

nick87

Coach
Nick is outraged lol

Haha not even a little bit
I just think it's rich seeing Cronulla fans storm all over the place demand Papalii's head on a plate when they served 3 weeks for a systematic doping scheme haha

And fwiw I was perfectly fine with the sharks winning a comp. Their fans suffered long enough and deserved it.

Chimp

Bench
Haha not even a little bit
I just think it's rich seeing Cronulla fans storm all over the place demand Papalii's head on a plate when they served 3 weeks for a systematic doping scheme haha

And fwiw I was perfectly fine with the sharks winning a comp. Their fans suffered long enough and deserved it.
A systematic doping scheme that saw not single one of them return a positive test - not one player.
The same scheme (run by the same individual) that had been in place at numerous other NRL clubs....