What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soccer trivia

no idea but i'm pretty sure they're british. probably liverpool?

where did they play it to fit 130k in though? only stadium i can think of would of been the marakana in belgrade but i'm sure that was 110k max

Bumble

First Grade
Correct :D I assumed TT would guess Leeds given my tendancy to blow the horn of teams I support...

At World Cup 2002, two teams met twice. Who?

between the 1970/71 season and 1979/80 season only four teams won the european cup. who were they?

bonus applause if you can tell us the streaks of all four teams in order

Bumble

First Grade
Bayern won three in a row, i know that much

Scousers won it twice

Dunno about the others

too tough for ya's? been a few days so here it is

Ajax 70/71; 71/72; 72/73
Bayern 73/74; 74/75; 75/76
Liverpool 76/77; 77/78
Nottingham Forest 78/79; 79/80

infact between the 69/70 and 83/84 season only teams from 3 countries won the european cup

England 3 teams 7 wins - Liverpool 4, Nottingham Forest 2, Aston Villa 1
Germany 2 teams 4 wins - Bayern München 3, Hamburger SV 1
Netherlands 2 teams 4 wins - Ajax 3, Feijenoord 1

funnily enough it was an italian team that won before and after the sequence - AC Milan in 68/69 and Juventus in 84/85. Milan beat Ajax and Juve beat Liverpool so the sequence could of gone on longer

Nottingham Forest also have won the european cup (2 times) more times than they have their domestic league (1 time)

how many teams are permitted to wear the UEFA Badge of Honour and who are they? and give reason why each team is permitted to wear it

Dutchy

Immortal
By winning three CL in a row. Or 5 in History.

Liverpool
Real Madrid
Ajax
Bayern Munich
AC Milan

Bumble

First Grade
Grr I knew that whole answer too...but seeing as JS didn't leave a question I'll go:

Out of the 20 English Premier League teams, which team has been the most tiers below the PL (or old first division) at any point since it's inception?

would seem like a trick question to me

a stab in the dark ... manchester city? they were definately in third division once upon a time

Dragooner

Bench
I know Bolton was a League Two side back in '88.

Fulham were also a League 2 side in 95-97...

Portsmouth also enjoyed a stint in League 2 in 79 and 80.

Reading have been in League 2 plenty of times in the last 30 years.

Wigan has been in League 2 several times.

In terms of being non-league nearly all of these and a few others have been in English Third Div South but that was all 50years ago...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Bumble said:
Nope. The team I'm thinking of was non-league as early as 30 years ago.

non league = Leeds

but it couldn't be them, they are too good