What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soccer World Cup

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Germany would have to be up there. I actually think England could go pretty deep if they can pick the right 11. Pretty open cup this time.

Germany, France, Brazil and Belgium are the top 4 I reckon. England are not that good, if they cop a tough side in the group stage watch them fall to pieces.

Ads

First Grade
Germany, France, Brazil and Belgium are the top 4 I reckon. England are not that good, if they cop a tough side in the group stage watch them fall to pieces.
Yeah forgot about France. Them and Germany for the final if they don't play each other in a quarter or semi. Brazil are decent and a chance. Belgium will self implode but they've got the talent.

England have a goal scorer now, that's such a difference for them. I'm not predicting them winning it.

webShark

How many people play soccer in Australia vs rugby league? The chances of making the A-league vs the Nrl is on a whole other level. Nrl is a tough game no doubt but its pretty damn simple.

Then you go up another level just to make it in Europe. Then doing what Kewell did and making a top team is so incredibly difficult. You cannot compare the level of skill it takes to make it to the top of the two sports. If you have a young kid and you want them to be a professional in either sport the path to Nrl is 1 million times easier.
Totally agree about the difficulty of making it at the Elite Level.
The A League is the joke here. It is not hard to make it in the A League. 9th Rate overseas players make it here !
The Japanese player for the Wanderers got talked up as some star player. :grinning:. No one outside Asia ever heard of him.
Emile Heskey (one of England's worst) was rated here when mid 30s.

For all the dreamers who think Australia would trouble England wake up. Kane on his own would destroy them. Add Ali etc. Vardy is nothing special but 50 times better than Juric. England win 3-0.
I have followed Soccer for over 50 years and never heard of a single player from Thailand , Syria or Honduras. Yet the mighty Socceroos struggled against the first 2.
If useless Phil Jones came here at 38 , he would be reviled as a marquee.

Even Berisha couldn't make it at Burnley when they were not in the EPL.

Since 2005 Socceroos gone backwards. Had many foreign coaches at all levels.
High participation means little. Isn't Soccer the most played sport in the USA? Look at them crap.
Craig Johnson was the best Australia player IMO. Kewell was disliked by Liverpool fans in the end.

Try making it in the NFL. Probably more kids play soccer, so should be easier.

You probably think people overseas have heard of Samantha Kerr.

The equivalent of A League in Footy is Park Footy.

Concluding. Soccer is harder to crack than Footy. But the A League isn't.

Many forum posters tipping there top 4 for the World Cup. No one mentioned Argentina. Some picked Belgium. Must think Lukaku and Fellaini better than Messi and Aguero.:grinning:

If England or Argentina draw Australia, pm me to bet on the outcome. I think England can
handle Leckie and Luongo.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Brazil win will.

But I can guarantee it will be European or South American, and South American due to be invaded by Spain and Portugal.

Cause it always has been and always will.

The so called world game is not a world game at all.

1 billion Indians and 1 billion Chinese, could not care less. Covers both.

Still better than VFL, that is the worse shyte ever.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
France has talent coming out of their assholes, they’ll trouble any team.

Socceroos won’t trouble anybody from Europe or South America.

Ads

First Grade
Totally agree about the difficulty of making it at the Elite Level.
The A League is the joke here. It is not hard to make it in the A League. 9th Rate overseas players make it here !
The Japanese player for the Wanderers got talked up as some star player. :grinning:. No one outside Asia ever heard of him.
Emile Heskey (one of England's worst) was rated here when mid 30s.

For all the dreamers who think Australia would trouble England wake up. Kane on his own would destroy them. Add Ali etc. Vardy is nothing special but 50 times better than Juric. England win 3-0.
I have followed Soccer for over 50 years and never heard of a single player from Thailand , Syria or Honduras. Yet the mighty Socceroos struggled against the first 2.
If useless Phil Jones came here at 38 , he would be reviled as a marquee.

Even Berisha couldn't make it at Burnley when they were not in the EPL.

Since 2005 Socceroos gone backwards. Had many foreign coaches at all levels.
High participation means little. Isn't Soccer the most played sport in the USA? Look at them crap.
Craig Johnson was the best Australia player IMO. Kewell was disliked by Liverpool fans in the end.

Try making it in the NFL. Probably more kids play soccer, so should be easier.

You probably think people overseas have heard of Samantha Kerr.

The equivalent of A League in Footy is Park Footy.

Concluding. Soccer is harder to crack than Footy. But the A League isn't.

Many forum posters tipping there top 4 for the World Cup. No one mentioned Argentina. Some picked Belgium. Must think Lukaku and Fellaini better than Messi and Aguero.:grinning:

If England or Argentina draw Australia, pm me to bet on the outcome. I think England can
handle Leckie and Luongo.
Im comparing making the Nrl to making the A-League not the A-leagues standing in soccer. IMO it is so much harder to make the A-league purely from the insane amount of people youre competing against to get there. Much smaller pool to compete against in nrl.

In school I had 3 mates make the sharks junior teams and they were terrible players. To make a comparable junior Sydney Fc team you've gotta go through so many levels to get there. Chalk and cheese.

Card Shark

Immortal
If we play England in the World Cup, I’m sure they’ll be a 10 times better side on paper.

We will give them a run for their money though, as we will lift against them like no Australian sporting team has lifted before.

Quigs

Immortal
The Sookarh WC should introduce the 20 minute softening up period. Can you just imagine all the bitch slapping that would be going down.

Would give them all a good excuse to take a dive or six.

Latest posts