What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

souths best 17 (questionable)SAYS SHADOW...

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
My side at full strength

1. Inglis
2. Johnston
3. Hunt
4. Gray/Goodwin
5. Goodwin/Gray
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. George Burgess
9. Farah
10. Musgrove
11. Sutton
12. Turner
13. Sam Burgess

14. Clark/Cook
15. Crichton
16. Tom Burgess
17. Rochow

get rid of goodwin gray and clark and turner and your on the money sonny boy aka kiddo

Travitoh

First Grade
The 17 that i believe will give us the best chance of winning. Of course, this can change as a result of form or development.

1 GI
2 AJ
3 Hunt
4 Gray
5 Burns
6 Walker
7 AR
8 Tom/George
9 Farah
10 Musgrove
11 Sutton
12 Rochow
13 Sam

14 Clark/Turner
15 Crichton
16 George/Tom
17 Cherrington/Grienke/Tyrrell

I feel that the addition of Burns will give us a bit more attack out wide which i believe is our biggest weakness this season. I do like like Goodwin but feel he is our 3rd best centre and I'd consider him behind Burns and Jennings for a spot on the wing. AJ holds his spot in the hope he gets it together again this season.
Rochow adds a bit of aggression to what was last season a bit of a soft second row at times.
4 forwards on the bench because Farah is an 80 minute player and it should help get the most out of our forward pack orientated game plan. Crichton can help to cover the backline if needed.
Clark or Turner from the bench, i don't believe we can have both come from the bench as a grinder. Clark edges it at the moment but believe Turner could still have the potential to be relevant yet.
One spot on the bench up for grabs, preferably someone who can have a big impact when they come on. I don't know much about Cherrington or Grienke and would love to see Tyrrell get through his knee problems. He could still cause some problems is short bursts i believe.

Inglis
Aj
Byrnes/ Gray
Hunt
Jennings
Walker
Reynolds
Tom
Robbie
Musgrove
Sutton
Crichton
Sammy

Rochow
George
Cherrington
Fuimaono / turner / Clark

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
TOP 17
Inglis
Aj
Hunt
Jennings
Burns
Walker
Reynolds
Tom
Robbie
Musgrove
Sutton
Rochow
Sammy

Crichton
George
Cherro
Cook (the reason you need damien cook on the bench is when the opposition forwards are tiring damien cook can come off the bench around the 25th minute and make some welcomed breaks and yardage, damien is a speed demon who can create some inspiring breaks as far as i am concerned he has more positional value on the paddock than the rest of our players even more so than inglis)he can play fullback,wing,centre,half back or 5/8 or at lock and of course at no9 damien cook has to be in the top (17) he is a very fast and exciting player and we all saw how good he can be if given game time at the end of 2016 in the last (6) matches and he knows how to get the forwards rolling ahead far quicker with his fast plays after all he was an australian sprint champion ..Shadow.

Last edited:

Travitoh

First Grade
TOP 17
Inglis
Aj
Hunt
Jennings
Burns
Walker
Reynolds
Tom
Robbie
Musgrove
Sutton
Rochow
Sammy

Crichton
George
Cherro
Cook (the reason you need damien cook on the bench is when the opposition forwards are tiring damien cook can come off the bench around the 25th minute and make some welcomed breaks and yardage, damien is a speed demon who can create some inspiring breaks as far as i am concerned he has more positional value on the paddock than the rest of our players even more so than inglis)he can play fullback,wing,centre,half back or 5/8 or at lock and of course at no9 damien cook has to be in the top (17) he is a very fast and exciting player and we all saw how good he can be if given game time in 2016 he knows how to get the forwards rolling ahead with his fast plays after all he was an australian sprint champion ..Shadow.

Did you miss the 15 times Cook came from the bench last season? Or did i miss the numerous line breaks and yardage that he made?

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
hi br i was just re-editing about cook i understand your point but we cant let cook run off to another club he aint like mcinnes he is faster than mcinnes and creates so much more than mcinnes can, plus he turned cronulla"s contract down to stick with souths,to be honest he has to be in the 17 or in the run on side either take goodwin or the injured gray"s spot or even hunts spot damien cook needs a cemented spot in our top 17....Shadow...Lastly i predict damien cook will learn off robbie and may well be our next future no9....

Rabbits20

Immortal
Grow up please.
Spot on.

Callmack it didn't mean I didn't want us to win. I did.

It was as we were disgracing the jersey and had lost 8 games straight. There was such poor effort. That week I tipped Canberra and we got hammered 54-4 in our worst showing in years. Of course I desperately wanted us to win that game.

I'm not ashamed of anything.

Rabbits20

Immortal
What I'd like to see if everyone was available:

1. GI (C)
2. AJ
3. Hunt
4. Gray
5. Goodwin
6. Cody
7. AR
8. T. Burgess
9. Farah
10. Musgrove
11. Sutton
12. Rochow
13. S. Burgess

14. Cook
15. Clark
16. Crichton
17. G. Burgess

18. Cherrington
19. Burns

It won't happen anytime in the season though.

Madge seems to love Turner and he will be starting in the back row.

What I expect Madge to do for round 1:

1. GI (C)
2. AJ
3. Hunt
4. Goodwin
5. Burns
6. Cody
7. AR
8. T. Burgess
8. Farah
10. Musgrove
11. Sutton
12. Turner
13. S. Burgess

14. Cook
15. Clark
16. Rochow
17. G. Burgess

18. Crichton
19. Jennings

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Spot on.

Callmack it didn't mean I didn't want us to win. I did.

It was as we were disgracing the jersey and had lost 8 games straight. There was such poor effort. That week I tipped Canberra and we got hammered 54-4 in our worst showing in years. Of course I desperately wanted us to win that game.

I'm not ashamed of anything.

maybe i should find your past post where you said your not happy with yourself to those sort of words that you tipped the other teams,callmack will say yes yes yes to whatever you tell him....but we know the truth r20...Shadow...

Latest posts